It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment of Maryland executive for colluding with Russian uranium dealers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Came across this on Twitter last night.

Maryland transportation exec accused of bribing Russian official

Funny how this would be the first actual charge in anything involving colluding with Russians.

The former co-president of a Maryland transportation company that moved nuclear materials across the United States is accused of bribing an official at a subsidiary of Russia’s State Atomic Energy Corp.

Mark Lambert, 54, of Mount Airy, Maryland, was charged in an 11-count indictment with charges ranging from violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act to wire fraud.

The charges were unsealed Friday by the department of Justice.

To my knowledge it wasn't leaked that they were about to be unsealed. That's another interesting tidbit.

Lambert conspired to bribe Vadim Mikerin, a Russian official at JSC Techsnabexport, the sole supplier and exporter of Russian uranium. It serves nuclear power companies worldwide. The goal, the Justice Department alleges, was to secure new contracts with JSC Techsnabexport.

At least as early as 2009 and continuing through October 2014, Lambert conspired with others at his company to make corrupt and fraudulent bribery and kickback payments to offshore bank accounts connected to Mikerin, the Justice Department alleges. In order to conceal the bribes, Lambert and others prepared fake invoices, according to the indictment.

What makes this bigger news is that Mikerin, the man Lambert is alleged to have bribed, was an official at Rosatom, which is essentially controlled by the Russian government. Rosatom, through a subsidiary, purchased a controlling majority in Uranium One in 2010. I wonder what else DOJ has sealed that they're not leaking about this.
edit on 15 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is the "Uranium 1" scandal that Democrats have been purposefully avoiding mentioning. Hillary Clinton's State Department approved the transfer, even though we now know the FBI was already investigating these guys at the time. I think these same guys paid Bill Clinton a $500,000 "speaking fee" around the time the deal was approved.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Someone beat you to it www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Mark Lambert, 54, of Mount Airy, Maryland, was charged in an 11-count indictment

You hear that, we indicted someone! Not arrested, not jailed but, indicted!

A fall guy has been fingered for hi crimes and treason against humanity. Now go back to sleep.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Someone beat you to it www.abovetopsecret.com...

My bad. As usual checking the New threads page and using the search function didn't help at all. It would cut down on a lot of mod work closing and moving threads if they'd just re-code the search so that it, I dunno, works like 100 other search engines?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The presiding judge is an old buddy of Obama's, and has let Hillary off the hook in the past.

Nothing will come of this if tried in that particular court.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think it's the same story for the Awan Brothers.

They've stacked the courts.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The presiding judge is an old buddy of Obama's, and has let Hillary off the hook in the past. Nothing will come of this if tried in that particular court.
Not sure how Judges are appointed to these cases but what "IF" its a set up as a test case to review later ? There has to be basic standards followed on the Judges part ,I would think . Can a Judge be removed from the bench who has lost their mind ? ...Ethics and conflict of interest has to be considered . Maybe that is why Gowdy stepped down from the Ethics side of it ...Maybe Session will put someone in that spot with enough rope to hang them all ... Trump has to be playing the long game is what I am thinking .Or maybe its hoping ...we shall see .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think someone had a thread on this yesterday but ZH picked it up today:

FBI Probe Into Russian Uranium Bribes Concealed By Obama DOJ; Mueller, McCabe, Rosenstein Involved

Independent researcher Imperator Rex has neatly tied it all together for your edification on Twitter:

www.zerohedge.com...

My apologies for not putting it in that thread, I couldn't find it due to my inexperience.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785 Does anyone think they will get around to the one that really deserves being arrested, Hillary Clinton? Something tells me she will get away with this just like everything else.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
a reply to: face23785 Does anyone think they will get around to the one that really deserves being arrested, Hillary Clinton? Something tells me she will get away with this just like everything else.

I hope so. Letting her off the hook for the disregard for the safety of classified material sets a dangerous precedent.

top topics

join