It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slave trade is alive and well and it breaks my heart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This will be a rant because I cant give any specifics here. A friend has told me all about getting her whole house retiled for free. Astounded I asked how, to which she told me about her dodgy family member who is providing these Eastern European men to work for free. The family member, it turns out was a drug lord who was imprisoned.

I am so angry at the friend for even consodering using slave labour for her house. Ive deduced that these Eastern Europeans are illegal immigrants who are working to pay off a smuggling debt. I assume that any women who have been smuggled are working off their debt in an underground brothel but of that I have no proof.

This makes me so sad that people will take advantage.
The world is a sick place sometimes.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Humans are a disease. It's a sad reality that's hard to live with.

I have very little faith in humanity. Whatever happens in the end, "we have it coming" is an apt response.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

It's worse than you can even imagine. And that's why it gets ignored. Too ugly to look at it.

edit on 13-1-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Also, while your friend may in fact claim ignorance. They are complicit, I wouldn't be able to participate in that in any capacity.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
This will be a rant because I cant give any specifics here. A friend has told me all about getting her whole house retiled for free. Astounded I asked how, to which she told me about her dodgy family member who is providing these Eastern European men to work for free. The family member, it turns out was a drug lord who was imprisoned.

I am so angry at the friend for even consodering using slave labour for her house. Ive deduced that these Eastern Europeans are illegal immigrants who are working to pay off a smuggling debt. I assume that any women who have been smuggled are working off their debt in an underground brothel but of that I have no proof.

Hey my underwear was made in Malaysia by very very poor and abused workers.

My computer is make in China be people who are poor and very abused workers.

My Cell phone is from China made by very poor and abused workers.

My TV is from China made by very poor and abused workers.

We all are guilty of contributing to the slave trade. We want cheap goods, and the only way to have the massive (corp) profits and sort of cheap goods, (the goods are not cheap to buy) is to enslave large groups of people under horrible conditions and make them make our stuff.

Oh well, I'll stick my head back in the sand.

edit on 13-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yep. It's a story as old as time. It sucks big ones.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It sucks big ones, but I wonder if the US standard of living could be what it is without the mass exploitation of "those" people.

And even here we have illegal aliens working for peanuts, and we have misguided dolts that seem to think this is good, because "they" take the jobs Americans won't do. Because "those" illegals should be exploited cause someone's got to do it.

Americans will do the work, but ya got to pay them.

edit on 13-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It makes me wonder if their true job for being here is to build houses. Maybe they just owe this guy a "favor". Could be that they are running drugs for this guy and maybe using this job to establish a valid reason to be here. It could be anything really, and yes in could be slave labor as well. You will need more proof to establish this as slave labor.

And by the way, just a little advice.
You may want to distance yourself from this friend as much as humanly possible, just in case this is as bad as it could be.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You alerted the authorities right?

K~

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Corporate prison labor is just as bad and it's mostly done by black people!

And most of the people in prison are on marijuana related charges to boot.

Make pot legal, free the black people!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I wonder if the US standard of living could be what it is without the mass exploitation of "those" people.

Yes, it could, but a certain few greedy cretins wouldn't have a fourth house or more money than could be spent in three extravagant lifetimes. There is more than enough to go around in this world, but too much isn't enough for some.

I disagree with the above hopeless view of all humanity. It's only a minority that are ...well, so ignorant, selfish and unable to view others as beings like themselves. Most of us are guilty of ignoring such things, on occasion, but few of us are able to abuse other sentient beings like that, directly.

edit on 1/14/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I wonder if the US standard of living could be what it is without the mass exploitation of "those" people.

Yes, it could, but a certain few greedy cretins wouldn't have a fourth house or more money than could be spent in three extravagant lifetimes. There is more than enough to go around in this world, but too much isn't enough for some.

I disagree with the above hopeless view of all humanity. It's only a minority that are ...well, so ignorant, selfish and unable to view others as beings like themselves. Most of us are guilty of ignoring such things, on occasion, but few of us are able to abuse other sentient beings like that, directly.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Without details, this "retiling" could just be a gift from one relative to another. Your friend's relative could own a stake in this tile company, or be good friends with the owner and be cashing in on a previous favor. In short, without details this could be anything, and I think you're jumping to conclusions.

I see "favors" like this all the time between business owners...trading services for services, or even betting those services over a round of golf. The actual employees still make their hourly, or production salary.

With your headline I thought this was going to be some sort of thread with some links, maybe some statistics...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sadly it show's that morality has died in our culture but then we knew this, there are actually more people in slavery now than at any time in recorded history including the infamous slave trade.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.alternet.org...
www.csmonitor.com...
www.freetheslaves.net...

Of course those that believe in unregulated capitalism also believe that slavery is acceptable, they just call it financial exploitation for profit.
Slavery is one of the worst sin's of humanity and any higher intelligence looking down on the race would then see that Humanity is not yet interstellar material, they would simply not want us out there if we can not fix our own problem's first and I am not talking about technology but the like's of Slavery which show's that the human race is not only capable of abusing it's own species but all sentience in general.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Humans are a disease. It's a sad reality that's hard to live with.

I have very little faith in humanity. Whatever happens in the end, "we have it coming" is an apt response.

Good point but I would not agree, rather I would say Human's are DISEASED.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

We all are guilty of contributing to the slave trade. We want cheap goods, and the only way to have the massive (corp) profits and sort of cheap goods, (the goods are not cheap to buy) is to enslave large groups of people under horrible conditions and make them make our stuff.

And that is why our own people are getting ever more poor - redistribution of OUR wealth by exporting of our Job's, we are buying those good's but no longer exporting them, we are therefore hemorrhaging from our own economy's and instead of that money going into our own population's it is still coming into our banking system's but NOT to our people so that they get ever more poor until it is there turn to be Exploited like that, this is the cost of Un Regulated capitalist economic's and right wing (financial) politician's owned by corporation's hijacking and then rigging our elections so that they only ever serve the vested interests of the extreme minority of ultra wealthy elitists - # float and gold sink's my friend (good people sink financially and the filthy un empathic low morality abusers and exploiters rise in the barrel of society).

edit on 14-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: seasonal

And that is why our own people are getting ever more poor - redistribution of OUR wealth by exporting of our Job's, we are buying those good's but no longer exporting them, we are therefore hemorrhaging from our own economy's and instead of that money going into our own population's it is still coming into our banking system's but NOT to our people so that they get ever more poor until it is there turn to be Exploited like that, this is the cost of Un Regulated capitalist economic's and right wing (financial) politician's owned by corporation's hijacking and then rigging our elections so that they only ever serve the vested interests of the extreme minority of ultra wealthy elitists - # float and gold sink's my friend (good people sink financially and the filthy un empathic low morality abusers and exploiters rise in the barrel of society).

Agree with your view with the exception of "right wing". The greed knows no political club, both REpubs and Dems are in the same club. I do not hear a big push from the Dems (other than Sanders) to stop.
Now Trump talked ShIt during the election, but we will have to give him some time. I fully expect to be disappointed by the lack of action by Trump. But he is only one arm in the 3 branches of govt.
And the Media will not give us the real story. The reason being the same Mega corp owns the news and the means of production that is exploiting people around the globe. They have a HUGE interest in keeping this system going. And this is a good reason why there should be regulations on who gets to own media and other businesses.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am currently being forced to work as a legal slave, and i am not allowed to apply for a paying job.
Frigging sucks.

-True story.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I’ve seen how deranged and twisted people can be.not as bad as human trafficking and Slave labor though.

I tried to tell a person something important they should know and consider while going about life and they got offended so much they pressed charges for harassing and threatening to rape and kill them. The rape and kill Charges were dropped but still... people in this age are beyond vile.

Nobody seems to care about anybody and only pretend to when they find someone to use for pleasure and profit.

top topics

join