It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Ownership & How Obtaining Medical Marijuana (MM) Can Change That

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7
I mean your good as in those who want to smoke pot of their own free will could continue to do so without worrying about licenses, conflicting rights, databases etc.. etc..

I stopped smoking pot about 6 weeks ago. I agree with you, but I still enjoy the smell when my friends are puffing their cigars, cigs. Although the desire to smoke it has completely disappeared, a bit odd as I have smoked it nearly every day for about seven years. Something in my head just said "thats enough, you can stop now" and I did. Even though I struggled and failed to stop many times before.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its only up to 5 years prison/probation and/or $5K fine to illegally possess a concealed firearm without a CCW permit, at least in FL. That equates to less than 2 years in prison if caught. If one has a good lawyer, no prison time will be served. If I were ever told I was no longer allowed to carry a firearm for any reason, I would make it a point to have one, just for the sake of it. Most people break at least 3 laws a day without even realizing it. We are all considered guilty until proven innocent, instead of being presumed innocent until proven guilty, in accordance with the constitution. Imo, owning a firearm is everyone's 2nd amendment right, regardless how the government interprets it. The only way to stop a crazy person with a gun is to have a gun to shoot back. Those who don't like guns should consider moving to a country which has banned them.
edit on 14-1-2018 by JBIZZ because: Addition

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

If you need marijuana for psychological reasons then you probably shouldn't have a gun.

What if you want it purely for pleasure? Kind of like how many American proponents of individual freedom like to have a beer after work, but also want the second amendment to apply to them. Should it not?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Exactly, was going to point that out in my thread on the news related topic about this, but didn't want it to go full force into it as a side topic. Here's a better place to explore that.

Plus, I'd wager more legal medicinal users are using it for other reasons than mental health at least at this point.
Cannabis and mental health is more a new avenue with medicinal treatment as more and more of the results of use is being explored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join