It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I uploaded the screen shot to my account.
Hopefully it works.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Xcathdra

Did you miss the part where it said 'This is NOT a drill!' ?

Also the expiration time correlates to the time it would take an ICBM from North Korea to reach Hawaii. Bizarre coincidence for sure.

Uhm ok.. Yeah I saw the part "its not a drill".

and no, it wont take an icbm 10 hours to go from N. Korea to Hawaii.

ETA - see post above.
edit on 13-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ok...different info than i got. I thought it expired ~40 mins after being issued.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ok...different info than i got. I thought it expired ~40 mins after being issued.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is what I see -

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I think that those 37 minutes were intentional. It's very obvious. It's logical. I think the alarm was intentional, too, and I think it was those 37 minutes of thinking, assessing, dealing with the fear…or finding to peace…etc…that was the entire motivation behind all of it.

I bet people will stop brushing off the threat of a nuclear armed North Korea.

It wasn't anyone in America that made the North Koreans threaten us with a nuclear strike on our territory.

But, I'm Deplorable. I'm labeled. People will all too soon forget what this felt like. Until the day the missile is really inbound.

Perhaps people aught to start thinking about nuclear war PERIOD.

Where a president just a day or so ago said we need more WMD's.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I missed that. This is still new to me. I dont know when the warning was issued.

Regardless, something is foul here.

Under no normal circumstances would a warning like this be issued to the public.
edit on 13-1-2018 by jrod because: Beir

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The warning was issued at 08:07 AM on January 13th 2018.

This thread on the same topic, missile and north korea, has a biblical end of the world discussion that is quiet interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: collietta

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: penfold

Or a hacker. Could have been North Korea just to see what our response would be. They found out, chaos.

If so, it's not being reported.

And, still, why 37 minutes without any correction?

I may have the answer. In this Aug. 2017 business insider article, there's an interactive graphic showing missile speed time from korea to US locations. Honolulu is 37 minutes Business insider, August 2017

I will try to post a page screen shot too in case this gets scrubbed from the net.

Yikes

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You lost me at the biblical end of the world...

Hawaii is where WWII became official....hopefully it wont happen again.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I missed that. This is still new to me. I dont know when the warning was issued.

Regardless, something is foul here.

Under no normal circumstances would a warning like this be issued to the public.

Yes it would... I take it you did not grow up during the cold war (60's / 70's / 80's).

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You lost me at the biblical end of the world...

Hawaii is where WWII became official....hopefully it wont happen again.

The times the alert and updatyes went out, 807, 808 and 809, reference the first 3 parts of the apocalypse in the new American standard bible. The times are the sections of the bible in question (end of days).

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Maybe an Illuminati "state" exercise, every major news source on the web went with the same choreographed story line.

CNN
BBC News
MSNBC
New York Times
Wall Street Journal
Fox News
Huffington Post
Washington Post
Los Angeles Times
Reuters
ABC News
USA Today
Bloomberg Business
NBC News
Daily Mail
Guardian
Times of India
news.com.au
Yahoo! News
Google News

One of the recently deleted threads had some evidence this might have been an ELINT acquisition exercise.
Don't want to derail this thread but there may be more information about ELINT that can be googled.

edit on 13-1-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Does anyone think there was an actual missile that got intercepted or failed in flight? I could see the intelligence community keeping this under wraps in order to keep tensions from inflating.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
THANK YOU for this thread, OP. As always, the how is secondary to the Why.

Why so long, in this case? I've lived in Dallas for many years before going farther into the south, in areas where tornado sirens are for city slickers. A tornado siren drill goes off every week in some towns. Pretty easy to mess with them, and not relevant (IMO) to an emergency alert for an inbound nuclear attack.

I've seen Amber Alerts on my phone that were cancelled pretty darn quick as soon as the child was found. Maybe also not relevant, but the ability to send out alerts on a phone is super fast.

We will never know the real truth but I think either it was a real aggressive launch, or one of those practice launches that was taken out of the air as a lesson for Lil' Kim that we can pop his firecracker before it can do any damage.

Trump (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong), hasn't really said anything about this. Unusual for a president who talks about everything.

Why make the people of Hawaii suffer and freak out for 38 minutes? Pretty cruel, if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yeah, something at that level is definitely fireable.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Could have been an ELINT ghost that triggered the news agencies or a COMINT project to gauge reaction.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Does anyone think there was an actual missile that got intercepted or failed in flight? I could see the intelligence community keeping this under wraps in order to keep tensions from inflating.

I assume we would have retaliated if there was a missile intercepted.

But I am concerned that this 'scenario' will be how it all starts. We'll be told that a missile was intercepted and without any proof...we will support retaliation.

Will China buy that version without proof?

I feel like we have zero good reason to believe a missile was launched and intercepted.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Suspicious, but would another country pick up the missile and explosion and wouldn't Kim be saying something ?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Why make the people of Hawaii suffer and freak out for 38 minutes? Pretty cruel, if you ask me.

Technically-speaking, our government terrorized its own people for 38 minutes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join