It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 37 mins. . . people in Hawaii were left to believe that a missile was headed their way. Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

i think you're right, except i think its more then just a distraction, i believe this can be taken as a threat, the deep state sending a warning, proceed with the hearings and this is what will happen, missiles....

regardless i hope they proceed with hearings nonetheless.
edit on 13-1-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: penfold

Or a hacker. Could have been North Korea just to see what our response would be. They found out, chaos.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Whether you can accept it or not is utterly irrelevant. I lived there for almost 30 years and this is exactly what you can expect from the government. After the alert went out, they would have been in CYA mode and no one would have done anything until they got in touch with someone higher up. That's not going to be an immediate thing at 8am on a Saturday morning.

It's not irrelevant to me.

This thread is based on my conclusion, which many people also/may share: This was intentional.

If you want to believe a button was accidentally pressed and government was too incompetent to communicate it was a false alarm for 37 minutes while the public panicked, go ahead.

I would feel absolutely ridiculous for saying I believe that though.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Or a hacker. Could have been North Korea just to see what our response would be. They found out, chaos.

If so, it's not being reported.

And, still, why 37 minutes without any correction?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

NORAD is staffed 25 hours a day 8 days a week. I would think they would know if a missile launch occurred and a missile is inbound somewhere.

Yes or No?
edit on 13-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Air Raid: Pearl Harbor comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You know, never mind.
edit on 1/13/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That brings to mind another thought I had...this 'accident' happened in Hawaii. Not Indiana, not Michigan...it happened in one of the closest U.S. targets to NK.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

edit on 1/13/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now wait a minute !!

This was just a coincidence and somebody with authority has the flu and was groggy from the medicine.

There's no other reasonable explanation. Period !!

Good thing supervisors can make mistakes !!

I'm glad Hawaii doesn't have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Emergency Broadcast System alerts were communicated via television, sent to cell phones, and via the radio.

Thanks for your contribution and thoughts. Sorry I don't find anything you are saying to be the slightest bit compelling, plausible, or convincing.

Moving on.

ETA:

You deleted but you had suggested the panic mainly spread through Facebook. I was addressing that with this comment.
edit on 1/13/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I bet the Hawaiian emergency guys have NORAD on speed dial.

Damn libs eh!?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Isn't that about the flight time ..... NK to Hawaii ?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I was at work and missed this when it was active. I strongly feel that this was more than an 'accidental' warning.

That said, what kind of shelter can the common person seek if there is an incoming ICBM with a nuclear war head?

This was the alert my friends in Hawaii received:

edit on 13-1-2018 by jrod because: Beer

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

I may have the answer. In this Aug. 2017 business insider article, there's an interactive graphic showing missile speed time from korea to US locations. Honolulu is 37 minutes Business insider, August 2017

I will try to post a page screen shot too in case this gets scrubbed from the net.
edit on 13-1-2018 by collietta because: Autocorrect has a lot of assumptions

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So does Hawaii have any type of defense against this type of threat? If so, game on. If not, then it's a dire problem.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: collietta

I used the same source..... 37 minutes-ish.

It's no coinkidink.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

That brings to mind another thought I had...this 'accident' happened in Hawaii. Not Indiana, not Michigan...it happened in one of the closest U.S. targets to NK.

I think Guam is closer but I could be wrong. I guess there would be a psychological difference in peoples minds between US territory and US State.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I was at work and missed this when it was active. I strongly feel that this was more than an 'accidental' warning.

That said, what kind of shelter can the common person seek if there is an incoming ICBM with a nuclear war head?

This was the alert my friends in Hawaii received:

Nothing like receiving a end of the world warning where the alert gives an expiration date and time.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Did you miss the part where it said 'This is NOT a drill!' ?

Also the expiration time correlates to the time it would take an ICBM from North Korea to reach Hawaii. Bizarre coincidence for sure.
edit on 13-1-2018 by jrod because: mas cerveza

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join