It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile threat alert for Hawaii a false alarm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

No doubt done on purpose to see what the populace does

(If) it was on purpose, it's more likely to garner public support to get rid of the threat.

I really hope no one had a heart attack as a result.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yup, and I think we both know from whence that odor originates.

a reply to: lokomai

I agree.

As oriondc says, these systems are automated. This is not something that could 'accidentally' be set off. For a manually tripped message, there would be several layers of confirmation.
edit on 13-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lokomai
They are now saying someone pressed the button by accident. That does not make any sense at all. I could see that but the fact it took 30 minutes to figure that out and cancel everything. No something is off.

I agree...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
N Korea probably hacked it to test what the response times are.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maw mot to anxiety inducing, if they are warning its probably a mistake or an exercise.

I fully expect If ICBM's are airborne they will not tell anyone but the military to cut down on traffic as military convoys are moving.

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Was the response time FAST enough? They do that multiple times, and people will say, "ah crap.. another one of those pesky warnings!" Then....BOOM. Shortly after, Bye-Bye Kimmy!
edit on 1/13/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   
Hawaii's EAS:

The Emergency Alert System (EAS) is a public alert and warning system that leverages the communications assets of EAS Participants including terrestrial broadcasters, cable television systems, wireless cable systems, satellite digital audio radio service (SDARS) providers, direct broadcast satellite (DBS) services and wireline video service providers to allow the President of the United States the capability to address the American public during a national emergency. This system must be available under all conditions.

In 2006, Executive Order 13407 (E.O. 13407), established that it is the policy of the United States to have an effective, reliable, integrated, flexible, and comprehensive system to alert and warn the American people in situations of war, terrorist attack, natural disaster, or other hazards to public safety and well-­‐being (public alert and warning system), taking appropriate account of the functions, capabilities, and needs of the private sector and of all levels of government in our Federal system, and to ensure that under all conditions the President can communicate with the American people.

Hawaii Emergency Management Agency
State of Hawaii

This was a top level message that went out on all broadcast media.

The likelihood of this being an accidental 'button push' is vanishingly small.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think its a psyop to get the idea of war into peoples minds and accept World War 3. Trump is just a puppet in this game of world domination.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You know what strikes me about this; the absolute lack of a response from the people filming the videos etc.

If this was real, they're all dead..

Stood looking gormlessley at the TV screen, through the screen of their mobile phone, mindlessly recording the voice blaring out of the TV telling them there's a good chance they're about to be vaporised....

The fact that there was such an ORDERLY almost NUMB response to this is worrying to me.. are people that desensitized?

Jeez.. war of the worlds, a radio show about Martians shooting death rays ffs, sent people into an absolute blind panic.

Fast forward 80 years and here we have a clearly official announcment from the government that you're about to be hit by a freaking ICBM and people are watching the #ing tv?

Insanity.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Was the response time FAST enough? They do that multiple times, and people will say, "ah crap.. another one of those pesky warnings!" Then....BOOM. Shortly after, Bye-Bye Kimmy!

Idk, go ask China and Russia, they were probably feverishly taking notes.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

He's in Florida where else.
Whitehouse says was part of a drill. Hawaii says they wouldn't push the alert button without being instructed to by Pacific command.
Confusing why this message was sent.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
You know what strikes me about this; the absolute lack of a response from the people filming the videos etc.

If this was real, they're all dead..

Stood looking gormlessley at the TV screen, through the screen of their mobile phone, mindlessly recording the voice blaring out of the TV telling them there's a good chance they're about to be vaporised....

In all fairness...they were being instructed to stay indoors or seek the shelter of a building. So standing in front of the TV, indoors, and waiting for more info is not an entirely unreasonable response. I don't find recording it to be all that unreasonable either.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

So like a false false flag?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Balls to that.

I'm not standing around in front of the idiot box waiting for It to tell me what to do next, all the while hoping that the tile roof over my head is sufficient to withstand the force of however many megatonnes of TNT are headed my way...

I'm getting as far underground as humanly possible and waiting until I personally am satisfied that the danger has passed...
edit on 13-1-2018 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

LMFAO what?

so you are saying nobody else could have made that mistake? it had to be a liberal? Just because 62% voted for Hilary, lets blame a liberal for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

And many people were reacting like you say you would...hence the video of a father putting his kids in a storm drain under the sidewalk.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Agreed, part of the plan we have been instructed is to turn on tv for more news. That is what was frustrating me even more is that I turned on our local channels and all had sports going on and no news or coverage for the full 30 minutes. The ones I couldn't believe were the ones that went running outside or driving somewhere from their house. We have 20 minutes, that isn't even enough for me to get from my house to work. You just get in your house and make sure everything is closed up. Pull all your supplies in for two weeks as well as all the communication devices you may have. But tv is extremely important at that time.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Now they're saying human error within Diamond Head crater civil defense.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

What most people don't know is we don't have underground things in Hawaii. Most if not all houses do not have basements. The island is set up in such a way you collect your supplies and get into an interior room with as little window as possible. Most places have one road in and out so getting in your car leads to full gridlock. We do this type of "drill" for tsunamis also. You have less than 20 minutes and that time goes extremely fast.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Officials said the alert resulted from human error and was not the work of hackers or a foreign government. At no time, officials said, was there any indication that a nuclear attack had been launched on the United States. “The public must have confidence in our emergency alert system,” the governor, David Ige said. “I am working to get to the bottom of this so we can prevent an error of this type in the future.”

Interestingly enough, the day before this occurred, there was an event at which this possibility was mentioned:

On Friday, the day before the alert, several hundred people attended an event in Honolulu sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce in which military commanders, politicians and others discussed the threat to the islands’ population.

“The U.S. is the designated recipient — and that’s because we are public enemy No. 1 to North Korea,” Dan Leak, a retired Air Force lieutenant general and Pacific Command deputy commander, was quoted as saying in the Honolulu Star Advertiser.

In a keynote speech to the group, Admiral Harry B. Harris Jr., commander of the U.S. Pacific Command, was quoted as saying: “While the possibility of a nuclear strike is slim, we now live in a world where we must be prepared for every contingency.”

NY Times

Something is still not adding up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join