It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile threat alert for Hawaii a false alarm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL," the emergency alert read.
While the message caused concern on social media, the Hawaii Office of Emergency Management quickly responded on Twitter, saying, "NO missile threat to Hawaii."

I had actually expected about 20 replies about this by now. I think it might have been hacking.....
I don't know how this could have been an accident. CNN said it was sent to every cell phone in Hawaii.
edit on January 13th 2018 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I think it was related to North Korea.. Where is Trump playing Golf? News made it sound like he was in Hawaii.

link   
I was just going to post this after checking ATS for the past 10 minutes wondering why there wasn't already a thread. My friend is on Oahu North Shore for a wedding and said it was absolute chaos. The beaches went from having hundreds of people to absolutely nobody. So glad this was just a mistake.

link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

"BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL," the emergency alert read.
While the message caused concern on social media, the Hawaii Office of Emergency Management quickly responded on Twitter, saying, "NO missile threat to Hawaii."

I had actually expected about 20 replies about this by now. I think it might have been hacking.....
I don't know how this could have been an accident. CNN said it was sent to every cell phone in Hawaii.

You're all gonna die!!!!! Just kidding.

Talk about a anxiety inducing moment right?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Absolutely terrifying!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

So scary for Hawaiians. It must have been such a relief when given all clear.

Some people were putting children in storm drains for their safety. I've never heard of that before.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I wonder if there are processes in place to punish those responsible for inflicting mass hysteria.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

I think it was related to North Korea.. Where is Trump playing Golf? News made it sound like he was in Hawaii.

Since Hawaii voted over 62% for hillary, you can blame your fellow liberals for this major screwup.

link   
I'd bet there actually was a missile inbound to Hawaii and it was shot down/lasered whatever. Those messages are generated automatically by the system when incoming stuff is detected. It would take too long for a person to type that all out and get it broadcast by the Civil Defense system.

I wonder if they will try to hide this, or use it as a reason to take out N Korea.

+1 more 
link   
This was done on purpose.

I am reminded of the Emergency Broadcast message about the train a while back before an incident in NY New Jersey.
edit on 13-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: Not ny

edit on 13-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: Added screenshot

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The system was hacked by Russians practicing new ways to "meddle" in the U.S..

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just imagine if they had of pulled this obvious psyops on the entire US mainland.

It would've been like 'punk'd' on steroids on CNN right now...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
edit on 13-1-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Just imagine if they had of pulled this obvious psyops on the entire US mainland.

It would've been like 'punk'd' on steroids on CNN right now...

CNN doesn't like "real" news. I bet they're back to bashing the President and our Country by now.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes, this smells. Hard to tell where the odor is coming from, but I strongly suspect it's closer to home than most might imagine.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I live in Honolulu and this was beyond scary. I run a nursing home so have connection into our Civil Defense and called to verify veracity of the banner before moving forward. We all thought it was real but no one broke into the tv and took 30 plus minutes. Was trying to manage my building from miles away (too far to get there in time) and make sure my elderly parents were safe (one of which is bedbound). I am normally a very calm person but I had to keep calming myself down as my hands were shaking like leaves. Still awaiting what happened, I know we will find out and there will be MAJOR responses and reactions to it but this was ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I would have freaked out. Man that is a pretty huge mistake.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh my, this isn't good.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No doubt done on purpose to see what the populace does.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They are now saying someone pressed the button by accident. That does not make any sense at all. I could see that but the fact it took 30 minutes to figure that out and cancel everything. No something is off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join