It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal followup to the 's___hole' debacle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For anyone willing to read through my thread here, I have a question, that question is what do the following people have in common? (Note: some have now, regrettably, left us)

Neal Schon
George Lynch
Vivian Campbell
Yngwie Malmsteen
Carlos Cavazo
Dave Murray
Adrian Smith
Ted Nugent
Rudy Sarzo

_________________________________________________________________________________

Also, what do some of the following people have in common?

Eric Bloom
Rob Halford
Geoff Tate
Ronny James Dio
Kevin Dubrow
Dave Meniketti
Ted Nugent
Vince Neil

_________________________________________________________________________________

Well, to answer the first part, I have to allude a bit to one of my personal loves and hobbies..I enjoy, no doubt,
application development, algorithmic processing and development, but I LOVE in my spare time playing electric guitar.
I own 2 Jackson TH series guitars, and a Kramer Baretta and Focus series. The first list above, is a partial list of those
I consider to be among my hobbyist idols and gods, if you will, of their profession. The second list is also a partial
list of some of the absolute greatest vocalists in metal.

They all also have something else in common. In 1986, they put their personal aspirations aside for a months long project
(mainly headed up by Vivian Campbell of Dio). The project was called Hear N Aid...these artists have in years past been
denigrated as devil worshippers, immoral, nothing but noise, and the list goes on. However, they realized an important fact..
that the people of Africa, the people from these "s__thole countries", were human beings; their lives had meaning; that they were not subpar
human species; and most importantly that they needed help...they were literally starving to death.

These artists come from incredibly diverse backgrounds, countries, political affiliations, and general views. But one thing they all agreed upon
was the need for this project, which they never received a dime for, it was pro-bono.

How far we've fallen....I would like to think that we, who still believe in basic human decency are truly, the last in line and caught
somewhere between:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I am not sure where the disconnect is, but those nations are very poor third world nations. They are not vacation destinations. They are places that need the kind of help your artists offered. While it's not nice to say, they are #holes.

Yes, the people that live there are human and need some help. Why do they need help? Because they live in a #hole.

I understand your point, but the MSM made that comment into something much, much larger than it really is, which is fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
what a ridiculous diatribe of virtuosity ...

such great people from these nations

guess what most of those nations are considered unlivable and many will not even visit there, that's how dangerous many of these countries are and how poor their infrastructure is

get real cut the virtue signalling garbage, we get it your a really good person
edit on 13-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

link   
An excellent list of greats, thanks for that man!

And you're right. No matter the sh*thole you hail from (be it a country, neighborhood, household, etc.), you can do great things given an opportunity. These artists did something in order to give some that opportunity.

A world leader saying he doesn't want people from sh*thole countries is disgusting. It further exacerbates their plight. And then to read, "he's just saying what we are all thinking.." NO. Just no.

Keep shredding man!

link   

I agree. I know people here in the US that have come from these places. Nigeria and Kenya primarily. They are all among the best people i know. Before they are entered into the lottery they are vetted. Background, education, etc. Not all countries are so good at putting their best foot forward. But the hope that they will export someone who collects wealth to export into their nation is a good motivation to try to send good citizens to the West

It doesnt change the fact that this all is true because those nations are in shambles. But its not lost on me that the west is partly (or in some cases wholly) to blame.

Nonetheless, this is a ridiculous story.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

is it not obvious to most that speaking about the state of one country and the people that hail from those countries is 2 totally different concepts?

I'm sure there is plenty of hard working nice responsible people from all over the world, isn't that just a given?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

They all dress like women?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They sang their songs and it's still a sh hole today so what good did it really do? They got to stay on MTV for another few minutes to stroke their egos that's all it did.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Apparently not when the "Trump is racist" drum needs beating

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

is it not obvious to most that speaking about the state of one country and the people that hail from those countries is 2 totally different concepts?

Honestly my own personal feelings are not something I'm interested in debating, but with respect to this, it has nothing to do with what separation there may be in context...how it is perceived is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: toysforadults

Honestly my own personal feelings are not something I'm interested in debating, but with respect to this, it has nothing to do with what separation there may be in context...how it is perceived is all that matters.

You mean how it's pushed, regardless if it was actually said or not, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

top topics

join