It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois AG candidate robbed at gunpoint in Chicago during campaign photoshoot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

With 30,000 cameras across the city, the police can see the license plates and exactly who robbers and murderers are.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

With 30,000 cameras across the city, the police can see the license plates and exactly who robbers and murderers are.

You would think that would be that case...However while the cameras may help in catching the suspects it does nothing to help the victim defend themselves. This is where I hope my OP would spark conversation.

The lack of police using the cameras to actually catch the suspects is a whole other thread. You can have all the technology in the world to assist you in your job however you still have to be willing to do the job in the first place. Maybe Chicago also has a policing problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I was just watching a doco series on the National Geograhic channel (I think), about Americas war on drugs.

Anyway, they claimed Mexican cartels are now using Chicago as a kind of base camp, since Chicago's road & transport systems makes it a perfect place to move their drugs thoughout the entire United States...

IDK how true the claims are, but I found it kind of interesting, considering all this out of control gang crime in Chicago, which is always being discussed on ATS.

Just made me think that maybe theirs a much more logical reason for the gun violence in Chicago... rather than all the politically charged issues some members love to claim is the cause of the problem...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Take a look at the excellent thread, "How Bush & Obama Devastated Chicago & Mexico with Mexican & Middle Eastern Narcoterrorists," by ATS member IgnoranceIsntBlisss for a detail description of how and why Chicago fell to the Mexican Cartels.
edit on 12-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I was just watching a doco series on the National Geograhic channel (I think), about Americas war on drugs.

Anyway, they claimed Mexican cartels are now using Chicago as a kind of base camp, since Chicago's road & transport systems makes it a perfect place to move their drugs thoughout the entire United States...

IDK how true the claims are, but I found it kind of interesting, considering all this out of control gang crime in Chicago, which is always being discussed on ATS.

Just made me think that maybe theirs a much more logical reason for the gun violence in Chicago... rather than all the politically charged issues some members love to claim is the cause of the problem...

Drugs are certainly part of it, but I wouldn't say it is solely the cause. A lot of the death is over petty squabbles. People are literally getting killed over facebook / twitter beefs.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Funny that they don't describe that assailants at all.

It's very telling when the MSM does that.

Nah......it's just the attention to detail that we've come to expect from our MSM.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If there's only 30,000 camera's in Chicago, I'd be shocked.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Did they mention voting? That would be a great time to reach out to the needy of the community and ask for support.

They should have said they are democrats and hate Trump, that brings people together.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Probably because you live in the good part and advoid the sh!thole part.

Go hang out in the parts that everyone knows are sh!thole areas and get back to us. Probably when you get home, since you will be mugged for your phone

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

You can have all the technology in the world to assist you in your job however you still have to be willing to do the job in the first place. Maybe Chicago also has a policing problem.

BINGO.. It's a policing problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

If there's only 30,000 camera's in Chicago, I'd be shocked.

I was wrong. "Officially" there's only 2,700 cameras controlled by law enforcement.
Source: chicagoist.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Unfortunate to see in cities like Chicago citizens being denied the right to protect themselves. Chicago's strict gun laws really did a lot in preventing the robbers from being armed though. End sarcastic remark

Of course there is no reason to suspect a criminal is going to follow any law to begin with. It would help if federal gun laws were properly enforced, instead of less than 1% of the time. Possessing a firearm while a prohibited person carries a mandatory minimum sentence, and ensures criminals with guns are the only ones punished under any such prosecutions.

This is precisely why most of us cannot find the stomach to support any more legislation. There is so much legislation as it already stands, and a majority of the criminal enforcement provisions aren't aggressively prosecuted. BATFE is too busy inspecting FFL records and explosives dealers, instead of prosecuting the actual criminals. It isn't their fault, simply not enough manpower and the explosive inspections are mandatory - another "thanks" to congress.
edit on 1/14/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join