It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Haiti, put your money where your ‘offense’ is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump isnt the problem. The traitorous DNC is. Now there is an international fire to put out thanks to their gossiping and purposeful effort to derail our governments efforts.

There are two points to this. One is that it creates trigger bait for the liberals as they look to 2018/2020 and the other is they are trying to handicap him anyway they can. Take Trump down at ALL costs...doesn't matter to them what the repercussions are. Even a statement like "Make America Great Again" was derided as a display of bigotry and racism when we all know Trump is about jobs and bringing industry back to America.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Meanwhile, we do business with China the worst human rights crap nation there is.

Basically, Trump is saying if you were born in a rotten nation you should have no right to come here and try to improve your life as most of our ancestors did. You were born in the wrong place you are worthless...nice Message.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 12-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

And anyone who thinks the countries referred to by POTUS45 are tropical paradises, please visit them and look around.

Seems you missed the point.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: YungMahn

the truth hurts, if crap hole countries were treated as equals with non crap hole countries ,then they would have no incentive to improve because they would believe that they aren`t crap holes.
giving people EBT cards doesn`t make them law abiding tax paying, civilved americans it just makes them THINK they are so they never try to improve .

he is not talking about countries he is talking about human beings born in them. How is it your fault where you are born.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

the truth hurts, if crap hole countries were treated as equals with non crap hole countries ,then they would have no incentive to improve because they would believe that they aren`t crap holes.
giving people EBT cards doesn`t make them law abiding tax paying, civilved americans it just makes them THINK they are so they never try to improve .

he is not talking about countries he is talking about human beings born in them. How is it your fault where you are born.

Oh so he said "why are we taking in so many s***hole haitians?"?

Thats funny, I though he said the country was the s***hole.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I always have seen you as a very bright person. I am sure you get what I am saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes you siad he is not talking about a country, he is talking about human beings.

I have seen well over a dozen posters on ATS, and even people outside of ATS in the past 24 hours call many places in the US s***holes.

Like appalachia or inner city detroit.

I do not think these posters are implying that the individuals living there were all s***holes.

There are philanthropists that, although they may not use a profanity like s***hole, constantly talk about the devastating conditions of some american inner cities.

They are not saying the individuals living there are terrible.

In the same way, I dont think trump is commenting on the individual haitians, but that status of their country.

And although I may not like his vulgar terminology, he is right it is a crappy country.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Unless one considers what comes out of a S***H**e...

My hometown of Gary, IN is a S#!& Hole. Lots of people left Gary, me included and we're not S#!&, those who remain aren't S#!& either but there's no denying something smells really bad in places like Gary.

Unfortunately the S#!& sometimes leaves the Hole when people, who like S#!&, move/take it with them. Lots of S#!& was transported out of Gary. It infected Chicago and other neighboring towns. It's the human "carriers" of S#!& that's the problem.

I imagine, Haiti is an even bigger S#!& Hole than Gary. Merging the two populations would be the perfect S#!& Storm. They'd share contacts/criminal techniques like prison populations do or become vicious rivals. Neither of which benefits a healthy society.

We can't take in the world, warehouse its problems without negatively impacting life for the rest of us. It's undeniable, the infection that took hold in Gary is spreading. You don't have to go to Haiti to experience a S#!& Hole, just move to Gary. Until all the US S#!& Holes are cleaned up/thriving for the residents/voters/taxpayers who live there, is it wise importing entirely new brands of S#!&?

How about importing good, knowledgeable people to help clean up/fix our societal S#!& Holes before taking on the challenge of sheltering high risk foreign populations. Fix us first, especially the S#!& Holes across America that have been ignored for decades. MAGA for them too, then we'll talk about Haitians etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Chadwickus

Those comments were not intended for public consumption, and leaking them is damaging our nation.

Trump isnt the problem. The traitorous DNC is. Now there is an international fire to put out thanks to their gossiping and purposeful effort to derail our governments efforts.

I've no doubt many world leaders use just as colorful language behind closed doors. The only difference here is if anyone leaked their comments to the press, said leakers would be facing a firing squad.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

After President Donald Trump asked why the United States would want people from "#hole countries," referring to Haiti and those in Africa, Judelande Calix of Maryland had a query of her own. "My question is, why not?" said Calix, who is in her mid-30s and came to the United States from Haiti in the late 1990s.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes is supposedly asked why do we take in so many people from those s-hole countries.

That is not calling those people s-holes.

We have a visa lottery system that requires we take people in from these countries.

It is a legitimate question to ask why that is the case, and is not a disparagement of the individuals.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It is a legitimate question to ask why that is the case, and is not a disparagement of the individuals.

I heartily disagree.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So when are the Trump supporters going to "put their money where their mouths are," when it comes to them whining about Hillary ruining Haiti?

It's like you clowns don't even try to hide your hypocrisy anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Meanwhile, we do business with China the worst human rights crap nation there is.

Basically, Trump is saying if you were born in a rotten nation you should have no right to come here and try to improve your life as most of our ancestors did. You were born in the wrong place you are worthless...nice Message.

Your message/spin, not Trump's. His personal Doctor, I'm told, is Haitian. You can come here from about anywhere, legally, these guys were not full out immigrants.

Talk China? You mean the donators to Bill's campaign? The Tyson-China-Arkansas-Clinton bunch? Yeah, right.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I always have seen you as a very bright person. I am sure you get what I am saying.

Yes, he is a bright person and that's his response. People and places aren't the same, being bright, yourself, you get it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Yep, I've been there many times. Your view of it looks spot on.

Of course, the left is pushing this to avoid the real issue and that is those Haitians are no longer legal, if they haven't bothered to correct that after all this time. The kids born here can return, if they choose at 18 years old.

Trudeau will take them. Send them north....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So when are the Trump supporters going to "put their money where their mouths are," when it comes to them whining about Hillary ruining Haiti?

It's like you clowns don't even try to hide your hypocrisy anymore.

I'll try to respond with the phrases I've learned from the left:
Strawman! (krazyshot)
False equivalence! (introvert)
Ya whatever! (sillyolme)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If you are ‘offended’ by the notion that Haiti is a craptastic location, then show us. Book a flight to Haiti, take the family. Please video and share the conversation.

ATS member: ‘Honey, I know we have been saving up to take the kids to Disney but instead let’s go to Haiti’

Spouse: ‘WTF, Haiti is an *ATS edit*’

Do you think more people will go to Haiti out of spite to show it’s not a craptastic place? Do you think anyone on ATS will book a flight and post their travel info in this post?

I have to admit, when I first read about this...my immediate thought was that my sister, her husband, and their three children do a mission trip to Haiti every summer with their church. They have done so for nearly 10 years.

My sister is a dentist and that's the service she donates when they travel there. She makes arrangements for a fully equipped dental office to be delivered and set up, every single year. Her two daughters assist her.

Her husband and son build houses while they are there.

They stay two weeks and always go to the same small village. Over the years they have built relationships with the people they have met there.

My nephew is too young to vote, but everyone else in the family voted for Trump.

I didn't vote for Trump. And I can't claim to be nearly as thoughtful and generous as my sister and her family.

It always moves me to see their photos, each year, and hear the stories they come back with. I have come to be familiar with some of the kids just from hearing about them every year. I remember my niece telling me about getting a huge full-body hug from a completely naked elderly Haitian woman -- never letting on how awkward that probably was. I see all the Haitian kids that are FB friends with my nieces and nephew and I read their comments on their posts. They love them and they are loved back by my awesome nieces and nephew. My sister and nephew came back with chikungunya one year...it took my sister months to recuperate.

I am proud of them.

I don't know of anyone else that gives so much to help the people of Haiti....and they are Trump supporters -- all of them.

edit on 1/12/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Lol

“Anybody that argues with me is a LEFTIST!!!!”

Childlike thinking from the Trumpites... again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join