It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two suns? No, it's a supernova drawn 6,000 years ago, say scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

We may find out.
Betelgeuse a star in the constellation Orion is dying. A red giant and one of the brightest stars in the winter sky Betelgeuse has been transitioning for a long time now.
It could explode any day now or a million years from now...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Those cave drawings are the cable news of their day. I would love to witness something like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think it suggests the artist drew the constellations as they saw them along with the supernova. It's a picture of the sky.
Orions inclusion suggests this event occurred in winter.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It appears to be a carving representing the ancient cosmic hunt mythology.

Very fascinating.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Just had a theory pop into my head while examining the photo...

I remember watching a special wherein it was mentioned that ancient peoples would often attempt to depict movement by creating multiples of the same image side by side.
Could it be that instead of a man standing pointing at two celestial objects, the art is depicting an archer and a few examples of what they shoot at, one of those objects being a thrown target much like a dart board, with ropes tied round the edges to stabilize its rotation midair after being thrown? The multiple images could serve to demonstrate that the man below is tossing it up, possibly to avoid confusing it with the sun, and also explains his arm-up posture...

But I like the supernova idea better, imagine how neat that'd be to witness

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

and whats up with the dog animal with the huge piece?

They all are sporting...lol
edit on 12-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Why couldn't it be sun and moon?

That is the most ridiculous idea I have ever head. A day sun and a night sun...Boy geez, They would have known that the moon is just the reflection from the sun...
But then you are most likely right except...

It is obviously a depiction of aliens taking men to another planet that has two suns...

What is also interesting is dogs back then were valuable enough to be represented too.

edit on 12-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

This a exactly what I think it shows. This picture is just one of hundreds from cultures all over the planet that show this kind of celestial sky. I think the planets in our solar system were closer to each other in the past. This belief can only be drawn from looking at the myths and texts of ancient cultures and their pictographs they left.

This of course flies in the face of Kant's Darwinian Nebular hypothesis, but that's no big deal, every new finding and study is flying in the face of Darwin's theories. The "simple" cell indeed.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
late 4th early 3rd millenium BC comet encounter.

Same encounter episode is responsible for a great deal of world mythology

If a super nova is close enough to rival the day time sun in appearance, it is close enough to have left discernable traces in the environment, which we dont find, and people have been looking.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The latest thinking is that the moon burns off its Helium 3 store throughout time. This event raises the Earth's temperature and ejects moon material into space. The moon will eventually burn out after exhausting its Helium 3 reserve. Meteorites re-impact the cooling moon and moon rocks of ranging sizes are hurtled into space and are projected towards Earth. Although some moon flare out events have minimal affect on the Earth, large and long burning flare out events lasting years, likely accounted for the last 5 mass extinction events on Earth. The depiction on the rock is the sun and the burning moon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join