It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Fake News Awards...a theory...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It would be mind-blowing if he had proof of reporters on the payroll...and just read off the names. Wasn't Fusion GPS forced to turn over records ? And maybe he needed the extra week as more proof poured in. That would be my hope.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am somewhat surprised he didmt pull press passes on CNN right after election.

I think he likes having enemies to gun for or something. He likes the circus.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I do know one thing, it's sure to be entertaining either way.

Except, on my last recollection, the White House was not here to entertain us.

Nor the media. Yet, here we are.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Anyone have a time for the awards today?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I do know one thing, it's sure to be entertaining either way.

Except, on my last recollection, the White House was not here to entertain us.

Nor the media. Yet, here we are.

I think you mean Free Press outlets, because the media IS here to entertain us.

media

[mee-dee-uh]
noun
a plural of medium.
(usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, magazines, and the Internet, that reach or influence people widely

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Anyone have a time for the awards today?

White house daily press briefing begins live at 1pm est. I am guessing if not told then...the press will ask.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Live stream for anyone interested to see if it comes up in the press briefing.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well...SHS just said they would keep us posted on the awards and there would be something later today.

Oddly, her body language and avoidance of the question initially makes me think even more that there is no awards that are forthcoming and it will be some sort of Presidential announcement about current happenings. I actually think Trump himself may be scheduling some sort of "emergency" press briefing to be announced to happen later today.....again...just some spitballing here.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Didn't catch his name, but a Senator told Fox News this afternoon that he couldn't "give anything away", but to stay tuned for later today.

I like how NBC is already defensive.
www.nbcnews.com...
They should get an award for harboring sex predators.

edit on 1/17/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Didn't catch his name, but a Senator told Fox News this afternoon that he couldn't "give anything away", but to stay tuned for later today.

I like how NBC is already defensive.
www.nbcnews.com...
They should get an award for harboring sex predators.

Odd...you have a link to that? I wonder why a senator would be in the know on it....unless it's something other than what people think.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
InfoWars is saying the Fake News Awards will start at 4pm Central (5pm eastern).

They're also claiming it was their idea. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
InfoWars is saying the Fake News Awards will start at 4pm Central (5pm eastern).

Hmmm...I wonder if they are trying to glean the idea and market it for their own ratings. Somehow I can't see SHS and Trump working with infowars. If I was to hazard a guess, this is infowars trying to garner some hits by coattailing the WH.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Hmmm...I wonder if they are trying to glean the idea and market it for their own ratings. Somehow I can't see SHS and Trump working with infowars. If I was to hazard a guess, this is infowars trying to garner some hits by coattailing the WH.

Just read their writeup on it and this is exactly what they are doing. They aren't a part of the actual awards "ceremony" but they do seem to suggest they know when the awards are going to occur and they say will be hosted by Trump himself.

Source

In a leadup to President Trump’s Fake News Awards, Infowars is broadcasting its first annual People’s Choice Fake News Awards in which you the viewer can call in and give your nominations for the most dishonest in mainstream media:

If Trump himself truly is "hosting" this announcement then I am more convinced than ever it is not going to be about Fake News.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My hope is that Trump is going to name people who were paid shills for Fusion/Dems/the Obama admin. I guess we'll see what happens.
edit on 17-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

My hope is that Trump is going to name people who were paid shills for Fusion/Dems/the Obama admin. I guess we'll see what happens.

Yeah...odd that we haven't seen any announcement about when yet.

Now I can go all completely crazy conspiracy and say maybe they are going to issue a nationwide alert to all smartphones and Tv's similar to the missile event in Hawaii? Yes...that is absolute tinfoil hat thinking, but it's fun to do sometimes.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Without any expectation of gaining airtime somewhere to broadcast this, or an IP address to view the video or something...im assuming that either he isn't doing anything at all...or it'll be a series of Tweets?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
There's a hashtag running, of course, but Donald isn't currently contributing to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Posted....

twitter.com...

gop.com...

Being hit so hard right now the site is down....
edit on 1/17/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And yes...it appears my theory was incorrect....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

How about this for a different take?

These Annual Fake News Awards will actually be presented to citizens who successfully show MSM news to be fake!

The citizens could be objectively "scored" based on whether their memes get more likes than the MSMs original story.

Impact:
1) President is not exposed to potential libelling of msm,
2) A mechanism is de facto instituted for the public to tell MSM "More of us disbelieve that story than believe it... stop lying to us"
3) More citizens partake in this because there are presidential awards for calling MSM out
4) Annual awards refocus MSM errors annually

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join