It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He Can Solve The Opioid Crisis..But Americans Are Not Ready For It Yet.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The obvious way to attack the opiod problem is to attack the source. Go after the Mexican cartels. Drone strikes, air strikes, boots on the ground, the whole shebang. If the corrupt Mexican government gets in the way (it will) just roll over them. Add jail time for the bankers that launder drug money and the CIA agents bringing this stuff into the country.

We invaded Afghanistan because we said they were harboring terrorists who killed 3000+ people on 9/11. We should be able to pull off a full scale military invasion of Mexico for harboring drug czars who kill thousands of people every year. If the Mexican government is unwilling to join us in protecting American and Mexican lives that are lost because of the drug cartels, then they are a prime candidate for regime change.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure, he will bring the president of the Philippines boss Duterte over and appoint him drug czar with unlimited powers

He'll be headquartered in Chicago

edit on 11-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

We invaded Afghanistan because we said they were harboring terrorists who killed 3000+ people on 9/11.

No we invaded Afghanistan for the poppy fields. Our troops are even guarding them lol. www.globalresearch.ca... Now we have an opioid crisis hmmmm.

But as long as the rich get richer.
edit on 11-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

True, but I was referring to the "official" reason for the invasion. If we can invade Afghanistan over the lives lost on 911 we can invade Mexico over the lives lost from the drug trade.

Normally I'm very much opposed to invasions and regime changes, but I don't see how anyone can claim that Mexico is an ally to the US when they are responsible for so many American deaths and lives ruined.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The FBI wanted to take down McKesson over distributing opiates but the DOJ said no. Too big to go after. The government pretending to care is nothing but a joke.

edit:

It should have been the DEA, not FBI.

He is a doc...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm sure an Anti-American Trump-hater will start a thread on this statement from the President. But for now....

WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary Oval Office exchange, President Donald Trump questioned Thursday why the U.S. should allow in immigrants from “sh_thole countries” as he rejected a plan by a bipartisan group of senators that would have changed rules affecting entrants from Africa and Haiti, according to three people briefed on the conversation.

SOURCE: chicago.suntimes.com...-countries/

Sounds like the President is becoming BOLDER in his statements, to close out his first year in office.
edit on 1/11/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Haven’t read the comments yet...
So I apologise if it’s been said...

Usually I’d chalk these statements up as bloviating nonsense like his “30 day ISIS plan”...

But I can’t shake the feeling he’s pondering unleashing his inner Duterte...

More likely just nonsense though.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: liejunkie01

I'd be super excited if Trump said, "I know what's going on with UFO/Aliens, but the world is not ready for it yet".

You think they're going to share any information with him???? /s

He's a reality TV show star, playing a billionaire, and now playing president, hmmm, why not tell him something crazy and he'll likely say it during the state of the union to make it better TV, it's all about ratings!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

He can do it Easily , just Write a Cease and Desist Memo to the C.I.A. .

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
his plan is to fix it is to wait 3 years then let Oprah fix it

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The FBI wanted to take down McKesson over distributing opiates but the DOJ said no. Too big to go after. The government pretending to care is nothing but a joke.

Wanted to quote this above as to understand my pov on this matter.

Hundreds are dying daily and yes people do die from withdrawals as well. The emotions that rage when withdrawing is why I believe suicide is also on the rise. The sickness can last for longer than a week. It's awful!!

Opioids are the mother freaking devil..numbing every inch of your body and soul. This right here is like a damn zombie apocalypse.. I've lost five friends in last two years.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 711117

That was hilarious and naw I don't think he's that smart to ask her opinion. She's a woman... Lol

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
The obvious way to attack the opiod problem is to attack the source. Go after the Mexican cartels. Drone strikes, air strikes, boots on the ground, the whole shebang. If the corrupt Mexican government gets in the way (it will) just roll over them. Add jail time for the bankers that launder drug money and the CIA agents bringing this stuff into the country.

We invaded Afghanistan because we said they were harboring terrorists who killed 3000+ people on 9/11. We should be able to pull off a full scale military invasion of Mexico for harboring drug czars who kill thousands of people every year. If the Mexican government is unwilling to join us in protecting American and Mexican lives that are lost because of the drug cartels, then they are a prime candidate for regime change.

This actually might be the only way to make a dent in this problem. But as long as there is a demand for it there will be a source.

A better way would be find a way to reduce demand. I think it should be looked at as a mental health epidemic as opposed to a substance abuse epidemic. I bet most of the users are not trying to get high, but are finding it relieves a mental health issue.
I bet if the drug companies had something that was truly effective for depression, we would not see the demand for opiates anywhere near what it currently is.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
someone seriously suggested drone strikes?

ok i'll be leaving for tonight lmao, god help you people

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Teach about addiction in schools.......about the program of recovery, NA and AA.....maybe teach everybody to work the twelve steps early on.....even normal people could benefit from that.....I think that is a start to the only realistic solution......I doubt that's what our president has in mind unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Wanted to quote this above as to understand my pov on this matter.

Hundreds are dying daily and yes people do die from withdrawals as well. The emotions that rage when withdrawing is why I believe suicide is also on the rise. The sickness can last for longer than a week. It's awful!!

Opioids are the mother freaking devil..numbing every inch of your body and soul. This right here is like a damn zombie apocalypse.. I've lost five friends in last two years.

I have, too.

Nearly died myself.

I am sorry about your loss.

The only way to end the drug use is to do two things:

1. Switch from crime to treatment models, which saves a ton of money
2. Fight poverty. Better wages and upward mobility.

No, you can't force people to work and no not everyone will help themselves, but many will. There are too few opportunities. It's not an accident that this hit hardest in the rural poor areas.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Good point because your 15 times more likely to die from smoking,just show's you who's paid who,and the real government of the world,we are already programmed

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm thinking that it would include arresting doctors who over-prescribe.

Really? You do?

Why would Americans not “be ready” for such a measure?

More likely, if Americans aren’t “ready for it”, it is a terrible draconian practice advertised as a “solution”.

Not ready, lol.

Reminds me of Sessions claiming “Americans just don’t understand the dangers of marijuana” BS.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Maybe he means legalization...

Maybe? You seriously consider that a possibility?
I’ll ask you what I just asked CWM in the above post...

Why would Americans not “be ready” for legalisation?

The only people who brag of “solutions” but proclaim “they’re not ready” are either full of sh*t, or they know for certain the plan is too extreme (and likely despotic) for a civilised society.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Sure, he will bring the president of the Philippines boss Duterte over and appoint him drug czar with unlimited powers

He'll be headquartered in Chicago

There will always be a supplier to meet the demand. I think you have to eliminate demand. Doing that is the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join