It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He Can Solve The Opioid Crisis..But Americans Are Not Ready For It Yet.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
January 10, 2018

President Trump must have been a fan of the Batman television series. This evening, he was "The Riddler".

President Trump raised eyebrows Wednesday evening when he told members of Congress and health care practitioners that "I think I know the answer" to America's opioid crisis.

However, the President added that he was "not sure the country is ready for it yet."

Trump was speaking at an Oval Office ceremony prior to signing legislation aimed at giving Customs and Border Protection agents additional tools to stop the flow of illicit drugs.

"Does anybody know what I mean?" Trump asked the group gathered around his desk. "I think so." He did not elaborate.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Any guesses as to what Opioid crisis solution President Trump has in mind? It must be very radical, if Americans are not be ready for it yet. The word "yet" implies that we will be ready for it in the future, if the crisis continues to worsen.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure he will single handed kill all the family members that made some 34 billion dollars from the sale of opiods under the name of Oxycontin and then claim himself god of all mere mortal men.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure he will single handed kill all the family members that made some 34 billion dollars from the sale of opiods under the name of Oxycontin and then claim himself god of all mere mortal men.

Not possible. Trump is a delegator.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yeah he wants to reboot the drug war, Opiat crisis what an effing crock of shi.

What about the nicotine crisis in America? Smoking kills 1 in 5 americans every year LMAO 1 in 5 440,000 just Americans a year.

Why is this a crisis and not that? how about the strain on our healthcare system from smoking alone?

Well now I need a smoke.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Prisons, he wants to build more prisons and lock everyone up.

That is my guess anyways.

He wants a hard stance on all drugs. I think the reason he says that people are not ready for that yet is that he is afraid of all of the marijuana support. Him and his buddy Jeffy Sessions have a real nice plan, I'm sure of it (sarcasm).

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

"Does anybody know what I mean?" Trump asked the group gathered around his desk. "I think so." He did not elaborate.

Because he doesn't know. Or more correctly, feigning he knows secretly. They don't the war on drugs to ever end, its good business.

The "war on drugs" was started by Nixon in the 70s', lol.

Like ever other war fought against crime, poverty, education, even the War on Terror, its designed to go on forever.

Here we are.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well now I need a smoke.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
yeah he wants to reboot the drug war, Opiat crisis what an effing crock of shi.

What about the nicotine crisis in America? Smoking kills 1 in 5 americans every year LMAO 1 in 5 440,000 just Americans a year.
Why is this a crisis and not that? how about the strain on our healthcare system from smoking alone?

Well now I need a smoke.

Can I bum one from you buddy?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Oh dear. He's not the Riddler, he's the Bloviator. I doubt he knows the answer and has a secret plan, he's just flapping his gums again.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

At 7 $ dollars a pack buy your own.

edit on 11-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I'd be super excited if Trump said, "I know what's going on with UFO/Aliens, but the world is not ready for it yet".

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You're getting a bargain price. $12.50@pack in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Does that solution we're not ready for include Sessions headlining it?

Interesting, then why would we be ready in the future?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Legal opium for the masses! Yay, the east coast will get one over Cali with the liberal opening of weed shops combined with opium dens.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Oh dear. He's not the Riddler, he's the Bloviator. I doubt he knows the answer and has a secret plan, he's just flapping his gums again.

After Trump leaves office, the news will go back being boring. You'll miss him too! Enjoy experiencing history in the making.

edit on 1/11/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
50 yrs hard prison time to anyone caught in possession of opiates

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah thats the problem lol instead of making it illegal they just raised the taxes so they could make more money.

so if anyone thinks Trumps drug plan has anythng to do with helping us.. WAKE UP.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Does that solution we're not ready for include Sessions headlining it?

Interesting, then why would we be ready in the future?

I'm thinking that it would include arresting doctors who over-prescribe.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yeah thats the problem lol instead of making it illegal they just raised the taxes so they could make more money.

so if anyone thinks Trumps drug plan has anythng to do with helping us.. WAKE UP.

That's what the government can do with Marijuana. Legalize it and add a big tax, like they do with cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

That's what the government can do with Marijuana. Legalize it and add a big tax, like they do with cigarettes.

But what would they do with all the empty cells?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join