It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Adamski's home movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just to lighten things up a bit, I thought I would post this:

These are 8mm films made by the legenday "contactee" George Adamski, allegedly showing alien spacecraft on their way to Earth. (The goth soundtrack is strangely appropriate.) Note that the "spacecraft" follow jerky, non-linear trajectories that rapidly shy away from trees, presumably to prevent the viewer from determining whether the "objects" are behind or in front of them. Most of the "craft" appear to be painted on a sheet of glass that is moved around in front of the camera. By today's standards, the "special effects" are primitive in the extreme, yet back in the 1950.s they were adequate to allow hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people to willingly suspend their disbelief. Discuss.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's perfectly believable!! Although that alien should probably sober up before interstellar travel.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

At the 40 second mark the object does appear to go behind the branch.
I slowed it down as much as I could but I'm on my iPad. So it's very jerky.
perhaps someone on a computer can slow it down and confirm.

Edit: don't bother wasting your time slowing it down. Instead skip to 1:14 and laugh yer arse off at that display.
You'll see why I say not to bother.
Hahaha
edit on 10-1-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Fun!

The painted glass ones were easy to spot and kind of silly. The "white dot" videos were something else entirely. Do you know how he made those?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I was thinking more along the lines of some small object suspended from an out of view fishing rod/line (I think I remember reading that some films were faked that way in the early days when cameras didn't have the quality/resolution they do now) but regardless, it looks as fake as fake can be but I can also understand that back in the day this might have seemed like "a thing". I googled his name (I've never heard of him before) and apparently the Dutch Queen at the time (Juliana) requested and received a visit from him. LOL

I think most here on ATS are quite skeptical of UFO videos after having watched so many bad ones. There are a few that appear to be genuine UFO from bygone years but people seem more interested in passing off fakes as real. I guess to some it's just a game.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Just to lighten things up a bit, I thought I would post this:
snip
These are 8mm films made by the legenday "contactee" George Adamski, allegedly showing alien spacecraft on their way to Earth. (The goth soundtrack is strangely appropriate.) Note that the "spacecraft" follow jerky, non-linear trajectories that rapidly shy away from trees, presumably to prevent the viewer from determining whether the "objects" are behind or in front of them. Most of the "craft" appear to be painted on a sheet of glass that is moved around in front of the camera. By today's standards, the "special effects" are primitive in the extreme, yet back in the 1950.s they were adequate to allow hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people to willingly suspend their disbelief. Discuss.

When I was so much younger than today, I saw a documentary featuring Howard Menger, a 1950s alleged "contactee", and in the doc Howard opens a display case and pulls out an approx. 6" UFO model and Howard said it was the model that George Adamski used in his films. At YouTube there are several videos featuring Howard but I don't know which one includes that segment. Still, you'll have a great time listening to what went on in 1950s UFOlogy,

And a bonus:
A Contactee Album
web2.ph.utexas.edu...

edit on 1/11/2018 by Lathroper because: To correct format

edit on 1/11/2018 by Lathroper because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2018 by Lathroper because: To correct video insertion

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
man the floating lightbulb hood (2nd ufo) is pretty bad. i think it's been debunked as a Coleman lantern hood.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

s&f

Well we have all seen recent youtube cgi videos that are not much better

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Fun!

The painted glass ones were easy to spot and kind of silly. The "white dot" videos were something else entirely. Do you know how he made those?

Post an example.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
lol
how did amyone believe in this

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
man the floating lightbulb hood (2nd ufo) is pretty bad. i think it's been debunked as a Coleman lantern hood.

Sears lantern:

Adamski's photographic evidence was so bad it is difficult to understand why, even in the 1950's, anyone would believe it. Adamski was born in Poland, and received "expedited" US citizenship, which led to persistent rumors that he was connected with American intelligence agencies. This has led some investigators, like Jacques Vallee, to speculate that he was being used to front experiments in "mass psychology." Intelligence agencies wanted to know how seemingly rational, sophisticated people could turn away from science and reason to embrace irrational movements like Nazism and Communism, both of which rejected modern western science in favor of quasi-religious political philosophies.

Fortunately,that couls never happen here. [/sarcasm]
edit on 11-1-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Fun!

Those are just passing commercial aircraft, still a rare sight in those days.

top topics

join