It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested For Asking Why The Superintendent Is Receiving A Raise...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Teacher Arrested For Asking Why The Superintendent Is Receiving A Raise When School Employees Haven't Gotten One In Years

Teacher Deyshia Hargrave was questioning the school board how they can vote to give the superintendent a raise when school employees have not gotten a raise in years. Security officer from the parish Marshal’s Office told her to leave the room and he would soon arrest her in the hall and call the city police and put her in a patrol unit.

Video gets louder as the incident is recorded around 8:31.

Why was a teacher arrested for asking about a raise? IMO this was a draconian action towards here, didn't deserve to be treated as such. Haven't seen this shared as of yet?

Current updates:

No charges will be filed against a Vermilion Parish teacher who was arrested at a school board meeting last night.

Ike Funderburk, Abbeville's city attorney and prosecutor, said he has reviewed the video and won't be prosecuting her. "I have reviewed the video and I am not going to approve any charges against the teacher," Funderburk said.

"I talked with the attorney for the school board, and they do not wish to pursue any charges against the teacher."

More at this source

To note:

"The other four board members, now three, have been committed to getting rid of the superintendent. No matter how good the policy might be, they would be against it to cast disfavor on the superintendent to prevent him from getting a contract," said Fontana, who also is an attorney. "The whole issue, from day one, was that they were not going to give him a contract."

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

join