It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding Quantum Entanglement and Teleportation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: I think Im normal
Quantum entanglement doesn’t transmit information and can’t be used to transmit data. When the properties of entangled particle A are measured, the properties of the remote particle B become set the opposite of partical A.

Until the measurement is made, the properties of both particles are neither one result or the other and are unknown.

edit on 11/1/2018 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: I think Im normal

Imho the most simple "quantum entanglement" analogy goes like this:

Image two "entangled" coins. When you flip one of them, you'll get either head or tail. It is completely random.

But when you compare the flip results of both coins you'll notice that they are always exactly opposite, when one has head the other will have tail.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Psychology can: confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Psychology can: confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias works both ways.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That's not an argument in support of your extraordinary claim of being psychic.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That's not an argument in support of your extraordinary claim of being psychic.

The same lack of support applies to your argument.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Teleportation kills you and then re assembles a copy at the other end.

On that note every time you transport a copy of you could be saved.

So you could be 15 forever or 50 forever just transport into an older copy.

Simple your dead but live forever.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Teleportation kills you and then re assembles a copy at the other end.

On that note every time you transport a copy of you could be saved.

So you could be 15 forever or 50 forever just transport into an older copy.

Simple your dead but live forever.

I doubt the life force or whatever ethereal energy could be successfully copied because we simply do not know anything about it, nor the dark energy that we would need to copy and who knows what else exists within space and time.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim, but ok, feel free to continue believing you are "highly psychic".

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim, but ok, feel free to continue believing you are "highly psychic".

You are the one making the extraordinary claim, without evidence, that it does not exist.

www.watkinsmagazine.com...

edit on 01CST08America/Chicago04380831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

You are the one making the extraordinary claim, without evidence, that it does not exist.

If you can prove you are psychic or have any extraordinary skills in that field, i will personally give you $10,000 cash. No joke.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

If you can prove you are psychic or have any extraordinary skills in that field, i will personally give you $10,000 cash. No joke.

I would need a top scientist or that physicist in the link above to conduct the study. Why not give him the money?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I would need a top scientist or that physicist in the link above to conduct the study. Why not give him the money?
I am a scientist, you just need to convince me.

This is an open ended offer to anyone who can prove they are psychic. I have made this offer on here before. Nobody has ever taken me up on it though.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This is an open ended offer to anyone who can prove they are psychic. I have made this offer on here before. Nobody has ever taken me up on it though.

So even with other physicists' and scientists' who have conducted studies that prove PSI, your confirmation bias won't let go?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Just tell me what kind of special abilities you have and we will figure out a way to test your claim in a way that will I meet the standards for scientific inquiry. If you passed my test I will put you in touch with the Randi foundation. They will offer you $1 million that is been put into a trust for this specific reason.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So even with other physicists' and scientists' who have conducted studies that prove PSI, your confirmation bias won't let go?
Physicist and scientists believe lots of unproven things. They are just humans like everyone else. What matters is what they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. And I have never seen any studies that meet the strict scientific criteria that would serve as proof of a positive claim for psychic abilities.

But then, we don’t need to worry about them this is between you and me. You were claiming that you have psychic abilities. I am offering you $10,000 to convince me that you in fact do have some extra ordinary skill. Are you interested?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Just tell me what kind of special abilities you have and we will figure out a way to test your claim in a way that will I meet the standards for scientific inquiry. If you passed my test I will put you in touch with the Randi foundation. They will offer you $1 million that is been put into a trust for this specific reason.

Why are you ignoring the numerous studies which already prove PSI? Boggles the mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why are you ignoring the numerous studies which already prove PSI? Boggles the mind.

I have read extensively about these studies. And like I said none of them meet the strict scientific criteria.

Why are you ignoring this $10,000?
edit on 11-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I have read extensively about these studies. And like I said none of them meet the strict scientific criteria.

You mean your strict biased criteria? Money is evil.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You mean your strict biased criteria? Money is evil.
We haven’t even talked about any criteria yet, I’m willing to work with you to set up a fair test. Money is not evil, it is quite neutral. People who make claims that are untrue are evil. Are you interested in this or not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join