It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Caiaphas Still Alive Today?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
Surely Caiaphas didn't become a believer did he?

Whether he did or didn't, he's still alive today.

Souls are eternal.

Good Lord, how pedantic! Here we are talking about the possibility of INCARNATE people in physical bodies, and you go off on a riff about immortality of souls. It's hard to believe you could miss the point by so far. You're not even in the same universe as the discussion.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Does somebody need a hug?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: pthena

Thank you excellent reply but it's more difficult for me to believe in 2 resurrections than the idea they are still alive today. But this is what I'm seeking, alternative explanations.

Revelation 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

What is the first resurrection? What is the second resurrection?

www.gotquestions.org...

What is the second death?

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Don't know if doing a study on the word 'cloud/clouds' would help or not. GOD descended onto Sinai in thick cloud and dark smoke. He led the Israelites in a pillar of cloud by day. Jesus was transfigured as a large cloud came over him and his disciples (possibly on His birthday). Might be some interesting connections to make.

Regarding the whole time space thing.....GOD occupies eternity. I firmly believe encounters with GOD take us outside the natural flow and current of life, because time is no longer linear. In Exodus 33:18-34:8 Moses said to GOD, 'Show me Your glory'. Maybe GOD took Him out of linear time, took him forward 1,000 years or so onto the mount of Transfiguration to behold His Son, and then returned him to his own natural time. Meanwhile, whilst outside of time and natural linear progression, GOD takes Elijah in a chariot of fire, stops him briefly on the mount of Transfiguration where he observes Moses and Jesus, and then whisks him up on a continued journey that for us is 2,000+ years in the waiting, but for Elijah is the blinking of an eye as he returns to earth to be a witness against the antichrist in the streets of Jerusalem.
How's that thought for ya?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As a rule, I never accept claims without documentary evidence.

The claim that there are people alive today who were alive 2000 years ago is one of those claims. It is imaginary.

If it weren't imaginary, but real, how could it be that so few people are documented as living older than 115? If spirituality were all that it took, why aren't these gurus who live in caves not living hundreds or thousands of years? Is there something "secret" and "special" about people who live that long?

Occultism seems to be the underlying basis for this belief. Because magical things can happen, the corrolarly must be "if someone says humans can live forever, believe them". So much can be claims and inferred by the paranormal. And indeed, I would wager that much of the "channelled material" humans receive from 'disincarnate spirits' is probably regurgigated fantasies that already exist and correspond quite nicely to the channelers own idealizations.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Well yes, everything I've said is based solely on scripture. I preferenced the thread with the statement that I read scripture literally. That is Christ said they would live until His return and I take that as His second coming or His return on Clouds of Power.

I am sure that a non-believer would consider that all nonsense. Which I completely understand, my issue is with people who are believers and the various metaphorical excuses they've come up with to wave away Christ's Words.

edit on 13-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: sp

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

a reply to: pthena

Thank you excellent reply but it's more difficult for me to believe in 2 resurrections than the idea they are still alive today. But this is what I'm seeking, alternative explanations.

Revelation 20:6

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

What is the first resurrection? What is the second resurrection?

www.gotquestions.org...

What is the second death?

www.gotquestions.org...

Reincarnate until polarity ends. Or get back to Eden before then. 2nd death comes at the end of time.

Christ descended to preach to hell, right? Can't see the forest, damned trees.

What's worse than Hell? The 2nd death. Being cut off, snow globed, flash drived, taxidermed, collected like a shrine of chewed bubblegum and hair clippings, attributes admired by your envious collector, a Facebook photo album for Satan to admire for eternity. In perfect order and stillness, the overheating false peace so many desire.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
As a rule, I never accept claims without documentary evidence.

Jesus was the living proof that this is the destiny, or birthright, for all humans. It suffices that the student (us) become like the teacher (Jesus)

If it weren't imaginary, but real, how could it be that so few people are documented as living older than 115?

The Tree of Life is in the midst of one breath, so say the Essenes.

"Lo, I am saving My people from the land of the rising, And from the land of the going in, of the sun," Zechariah 8:7

Peter also gives his testimony:

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

"You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life" John 5:39-40

Whole devotion to seeking God through the path of Jesus will reveal these mysteries in your heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join