It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Caiaphas Still Alive Today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's a good reply, but what about what He said to Caiaphas? Surely Caiaphas didn't become a believer did he? And why did He specifically use the term 'Clouds of Power'?

One of my old profs said well that means at the great white throne. But I don't think so because the context in Daniel is about His return when He comes to gather the Body of Christ before His 1,000 year reign.

Let me qualify it as my opinion, your prof has his
If someone can live forever, what value Jesus
Common sense must apply at some stage

Caiphas's belief is irrelevant, Christ's Lordship is relevant
He died for all

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If Caiaphias is still alive...

He is most likely living in a gated community in Boca Raton.

He probably runs the HOA.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

What say you all? Am I crazy?

yeah

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah Nathan Brazil - one of my favourite Sci Fi series

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Thank you excellent reply but it's more difficult for me to believe in 2 resurrections than the idea they are still alive today. But this is what I'm seeking, alternative explanations.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I was thinking more along the lines of running certain European banking cartels. There is the idea that a group of individuals took their wealth from Rome to the Byzantine Empire after the fall of Rome in about 400 AD then took their money to the Italian City states after the Byzantine Empire collapsed, then into England after the Italian City states collapsed.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Just wanted to highlight that verse I'm not adapt at quoting yet

Rev 1:7

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. NASB

I noticed the same quote as He gave Caiaphas, Coming with the Clouds.

Seems to be a thread of repetition here.

Hmm.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

well

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

That's a deep subject.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It was said that Abraham saw Jesus's day and he rejoiced. This indicates that the sovereignty of God is not limited to our current concepts of time and space. Eternal life is not strictly a post-mortem phenomenon for those who believe in Jesus, rather, He said to seek after it now and you will find it. The Kingdom is at hand.

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

To think that the Living God would require death to join him is absolutely absurd and such is not found anywhere in the Bible. Those who find the Light of Life are concealed, and perhaps no one on earth knows where they go (John 3:8).
edit on 11-1-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
If Caiaphias is still alive...

He is most likely living in a gated community in Boca Raton.

He probably runs the HOA.

T. Lobsang Rampa, a Tibetan monk who wrote "the third eye" and a number of other books was purported to be living in a condominium in Canada a few years ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Surely Caiaphas didn't become a believer did he?

Whether he did or didn't, he's still alive today.

Souls are eternal.

Whether Heaven or hell, Caiaphas made his choice just like every other person does throughout history.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Yah that opens a whole other can of worms. So, are you suggesting that these souls in 'Sheol' will see the literal return of Christ on earth?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No, just saying he's alive right now just as much as you and me.

Some believe that he realized just how bad he screwed up and resigned soon afterwards.

Google "Archko Volume" for more on that.

Would't surprise me if he did become a believer and made it to Heaven.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

nice pun you got therev

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Some believe that he realized just how bad he screwed up and resigned soon afterwards.

"Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it would be better if one man died for the people." John 18:14

This was exactly Jesus's mission, to die for the people. Caiaphas knew this, but from his perspective it was to preserve the old Jewish state. Interesting how the same truth can be viewed from two different perspectives.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Murgatroid

"Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jews that it would be better if one man died for the people." John 18:14

This was exactly Jesus's mission, to die for the people. Caiaphas knew this, but from his perspective it was to preserve the old Jewish state. Interesting how the same truth can be viewed from two different perspectives.

Yes I believe this as well, and it goes deeper actually. What Caiaphas was really doing was defending the priesthood, that is he thought it would be better to 'hang the blame' onto someone else than have the priesthood suffer blame and incur wrath from the romans.

In John 19:15 we read this:

So they cried out, “Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!” Pilate *said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”

It's interesting the Book records this event and these words because to me it's central to the Gospel. I believe Christ came to do away with the priesthood, because He says this in Matthew:

Matthew 23:8

But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.

So clearly He meant that the Holy Spirit (One) was to lead the Church not the priesthood. This was a threat to the priesthood and note In John 19:15 it clearly identifies the chief priests as being the ones accepting Caesar at their king not Christ. Then when Pilate placed the plaque above His head on the cross saying Jesus the Nazarene, the King of the Jews, they said:

John 19:19-21

Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It was written, “JESUS THE NAZARENE, THE KING OF THE JEWS.” Therefore many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Latin and in Greek. So the chief priests of the Jews were saying to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews’; but that He said, ‘I am King of the Jews.’”

So this was a 'legal' point of contention for them and John 19:15 clearly shows their allegiance to Rome. My theory is, is that some of the chief priests who remained alive after Christ died and never died themselves went to Rome and began the Roman Catholic church after the council of Nicea under Constantine's direction.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

some of the chief priests who remained alive after Christ died and never died themselves went to Rome and began the Roman Catholic church after the council of Nicea under Constantine's direction.

I don't think it would be out of the power of The synagogue of Satan to perpetuate a human body for extended periods of time. Surely God could override it, but for reasons that I somewhat understand and God knows best, it is necessary for the children of light to first develop in a dark world. Like a seed germinating in the dark soil before it ascends to the light.

Have you been searching for the Light of Life?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Well to me Christ is my life, I have died to myself and live in Christ. But it's a walk, everyday I can choose to walk in the flesh or the Spirit.

But Christ is my Lord and Savior if that is your question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join