It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Woman Losing Battle With Cancer Beats It By Taking Turmeric After Conventional Therapy Fails.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok, so this is my first thread, never fancied starting one but really want to put this encouraging info out there to the ATS community.

So as the title states, a female pensioner in the UK who had been battling with the blood cancer myeloma for 5 years seems to have beaten the disease by taking turmeric tablets high in the component curcumin. This is after 5 years of what`s described as 'crippling' conventional therapy including three bouts of chemotherapy and four stem cell transplants.

The chemo and stem cell transplants failed to help and she had been taking allsorts of drugs with terrible side effects and at one point it`s recorded she lost her memory for three days aswell as suffering collapsed vertebrae in her spine. With all options exhausted and her condition worsening, there seemed to be no hope with some sources reporting she was given one year to live.

However, the lady, Dieneke Ferguson refused to give in and after turning to the internet learned of the potential benefits of turmeric and its component curcumin. So determinedly, she started taking 8grms a day in tablet form.

Now, five years on, her cancer cell count is negligible and her recovery has featured in the British Medical Journal with professor of blood diseases at London`s Barts Hospital, Jamie Cavenagh, reporting that 'when you review her chart, there`s no alternative explanation for her recovery, other than we are seeing a response to curcumin.' It has also been stated in relation to her recovery that 'In the absence of further antimyeloma treatment the patient plateaued and has remained stable for the past five years with a good quality of life'.

So ATS, good old turmeric?? I have read and heard in quite a few instances about the healing properties and benefits of turmeric and its components, quite a lot from other threads here on ATS aswell as from some of my Asian friends. Because of this I do include the spice in a lot of my home cooking, from stew to even mixing it into mine and my childrens scrambled eggs. I have a smoked a terrible amount in my life and drank far far too much alcohol, but my life changed and now I try to live as healthy as possible although I always worry that my past vices will catch up with me. However to read this ladies story is very exciting and encouraging and it does tend to give a lot of credence to people who have championed other methods of treatment other than the conventional. It seems also that this ladies story has made a lot of other doctors sit up and take notice of the potential of turmeric and its properties.

Unfortunately one report does state that the medical profession cannot recommend this treatment, as for it to be able to do so would involve large scale trials costing millions, which could never be funded as their is no profit to be made from a natural compound which cannot be patented. Typical hey.

Still I think this womans story speaks volumes and gives great hope and perhaps a very special weapon in the battle against the most cruelest and insidious of diseases which is cancer.

In the links I provide it will give you further testimony and evidence that this lady has put an apparent incurable cancer into complete remission where all conventional methods have failed.

naturalautoimmunetreatments.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.worldhealth.net...

metro.co.uk...

edit on 10-1-2018 by fenian8 because: took a sentance out

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
An amazing story.

I've taken curcumin with bioperine for inflammation...and it didn't seem to help as much as I had hoped.
But I know others who sing it's praises.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

my 2 pence,

that makes a bit of sense since Tumeric is an anti-inflammatory, it affects the blood and those things related to inflammation.

However if you have something like, say, brain, or prostate cancer I don't think it will do much good. Because those cancers are respectably different in regards to their method of action and approach.
It has to do with the function of whatever organ is affected.

For example I think prostate cancer would be better suited to baking soda due to the PH balance in the body which is more of a digestive /excretion function and not a blood function.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Turmeric is a wonderful anti-inflammatory. It hasn't cured my fibromyalgia or my arthritis, but it does help keep the inflammation down, which helps the pain. Combined with supplements like extra vitamin D (most of us are woefully low in it), etc., you can get some relief.

Some people may say it is the placebo effect, but often diseases manifest due to a struggling immune system. Think about all the things we are bombarded with on a daily basis......in the air, the water, the food supply, and even the heavy electromagnetic waves for all the devices we deem necessary, are assaults on our physical health.

Whatever we can do to boost our immune system is a plus, and this includes cancer.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Have you tried mixing turmeric with black pepper? The combination increases blood levels, else your body wont absorb the turmeric very well.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

In some of the reports it states the lady in question also took black pepper which increases the bodies ability to absorb the curcumin, so maybe that is worth a try in your instance.

BELIEVERpriest beat me too it

edit on 10-1-2018 by fenian8 because: eta

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Yes, one doctor stated that the anti inflammatory properties is what make curcumin so effective as inflammation is a precursor to 99% of cancers.

It is interesting though that research has found curcumin can help with many cancers and can shrink tumours yet myeloma does not form tumours.

If it would help prostate or brain cancer I do not know, I just wish that somebody would fund the wide scale trials needed to investigate and test these alternative treatments regardless of wether it would make a profit or not. Sadly I can`t see this happening anytime soon.

Still the effect curcumin has had on this lady cannot be denied and instead of adding a couple of teaspoons of turmeric to my stew I am definitely heading to the health shop to buy some strong curcumin supplements.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Along with Vit D it is claimed the vast majority of people are very low in magnesium which also affects bones. If you try increasing your magnesium it aids in the abilty of your body to absorb Vit D and it also helps relieve fibromyalgia amongst other things.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
An amazing story.

I've taken curcumin with bioperine for inflammation...and it didn't seem to help as much as I had hoped.
But I know others who sing it's praises.

I have been trying taurine for some inflammatory issues and also for my epilepsy. It seems to work quite well actually for the epilepsy and it seems to keep the carpel tunnel in my left hand from giving me problems. I did notice that it has reduced my bloodpressure, which is high anyway because of my tachychardia. They say people with low BP should be leary of taking it.

I do have some sulfur problems so I take a multimineral containing molybdenum, and also if you take taurine you should take a little B6 with it. So I take a B-right with it, it seems to be a good combo for me and it feels like I do not even feel my arms move, they just automatically go up to get something without me having to think about anything. I also noticed that I feel better when I have some apple cider vinegar with a tad bit of sugar in water with this combo. I did some checking and AcetylcoA is involved in this reaction, Vinegar can attach an acetyl to the CoA. I did the vinegar thing because last night I had popcorn and that gives me a headache in the morning, but the ACV and water take care of it or prevent it. I learned to just take the ACV or eat some pickles if I have popcorn now, it works really well. Why the popcorn gives me a headache I do not really know, but it does not happen when I have something with vinegar.

It is actually nice not having the inflammation, and the tinnitis that is my judge of the state of my epilepsy is a lot more quiet now with the taurine. Remember, taurine has a disulfide bond, to work it needs the MOCO enzymes.

This may benefit some people, but some people who take blood thinners need to know that it does lower stickiness of the platelets, this can cause some people who are bleeders to bleed easier. Just like onions and garlic and aspirin does..

There see

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This was shared last week: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Members brought up some good points on the usage of turmeric in the thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Dammit, I finally get the balls to make a thread, used the search function the lot and its already posted. Oh well off to that thread to read more info. Cheers for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8
a reply to: dreamingawake

Dammit, I finally get the balls to make a thread, used the search function the lot and its already posted. Oh well off to that thread to read more info. Cheers for the heads up.

You meant well, that's what counts, well done to you.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

yeah i was doing powdered organic tumeric for a whlie as an anti-inflammatory and I don't think it worked. Even with milk I would still just excrete it almost instantly because it is too much for the digestion.

top topics

join