It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African American Employment is at a Record High - Thankyou President Trump!.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just 5 days ago:

"Black Unemployment At Record Low"

An alternative headline, which would show the true picture, would be:

Number of Black People Not in the Labor Force Reaches an All-Time High

As with the other BLS “data”, it is amazing how when you change the rules everything looks better.

The BLS reported black unemployment at 6.8% in December, an all-time low. That’s kind of funny, considering around 40% of working age black people are not working. These statistics do not include the 2 to 3 million black men sitting in prison.

It is easy to lie with statistics.

The 6.8% rate is the lowest, but a little comparison to 2007 reveals the lie. This was before the financial crisis and the need to spin the data in a positive manner.

-
The total population of working age black people went up from 27.5 million to 32.5 million, a 5 million increase. The number of employed blacks went from 16.1 million to 18.8 million, a 2.7 million increase. A critical thinking person might question how their unemployment rate could drop from 8.3% to 6.8% in this scenario.
-As usual, the BLS is peddling with a straight face that 2.3 million black Americans have it so good they voluntarily decided to leave the labor force and live off their accumulated wealth. The absurdity of this contention is beyond the pale.
-In 2007 the black participation rate was 63.7%. Today it hovers near an all-time low of 62.1%. It has fallen from 62.3% since Trump ascended to the throne.
-In 2007 the black employment to population ratio was 58.4%. Today it sits at 57.9%. Does this appear to be a positive development?
-It gets even better when you look at 1999 data. The black participation rate was 65.8%, the employment to population ratio was 60.6%, and a much more accurate unemployment rate of 8% was being calculated.
-Using the flawed and manipulated BLS methodology, black unemployment would be 9% to 10% if the participation rate was at 2007 levels. Not exactly an all-time low. Using the 1999 methodology would show an unemployment rate of 12%, almost double the bull# number being peddled today.
More black people working is a good thing. If Trump has the balls to keep de-funding giveaways to the free # army, they will be forced to get jobs. That would be a good thing for the black community and the country.

But, lets not pretend black unemployment is currently at all-time lows. It’s a false narrative.

www.zerohedge.com...

False reporting to shape a false narrative....

If only the black community could see just how belittling and insulting this type of propaganda is..and even some of us here as well.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 10 Jan 2018 14:33:40 -06001pmWednesdayth02pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Trump has been promising tax cuts since early in 2017.
I know that was a good sign for me to invest.
He gave us tax cuts he promised.

He gave investors real hope and change.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I love this argument because you are all arguing over something that is false

fred.stlouisfed.org...

Labor force participation rate is slightly up.

But that's ok why debate reality when you guys could argue who's propaganda is more effective

great job sheeple

Wow. That's completely polarized to Ante's graph. It's all very confusing. Do people just draw random scribbles and hope other people believe it?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

So rich people gambling is what sets the standard for the average American? The stock market has been on an upward trend ever since 2009. Why wouldn't rich people be excited about a rich guy being president? They share the same values which is money.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But doesn't it also polarize Trump's statements as well?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What exactly did Trump do for this to happen? Be specific. If you can answer that then I will admit he is the reason the rate is so low.

You're taking it to the other extreme when the reality almost certainly lies somewhere in the middle. Trump's policies haven't been the lone reason this trend has continued and even accelerated, I'll grant you that. On the same token, his policies of deregulation and reduced corporate taxes have certainly played a role in strengthening the demand for workers and the economy. Another important part of the puzzle many talkers seem to ignore is the intangible of confidence. I think the results we've seen in 2017 indicate a clearly robust degree of confidence in the economy, the market, and even the office of president coming out of corporate and industrial America. That's important because lack of confidence under Obama was a major reason why the US had such anemic growth coming out of the Great Recession.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Many 'little people' hold shares. I have shares. Am I rich? No...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Star for a decent Devil's Advocate.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Just because the stock market is doing well does not mean the economy has "exploded." Is it doing significantly better than this time last year or the year before or the year before or etc.? Are those investments actually being used in a way that can improve the US economy (ie new jobs, higher wages for normal employees, construction of new facilities in the US)? Or are they being used the give the CEO a massive raise and to hire more sweatshop workers in China?

Don't get me wrong, a strong stock market can be indicative of a thriving economy. But it is hardly the end-all-be-all. GDP growth for 2017 will be a much better indicator of how much the economy has improved. Will we still be looking at the high 2% growth that was consistent under Obama or will we be looking at the 3+% growth that Republicans have stated is the minimum we need?

And if it doesn't hit that 3% what will the reaction be? Does the Right suddenly decide that everything economic that happened in 2017 was actually due to Obama? Will they decide that the high 2s are actually acceptable growth? Or will they throw Trump under the bus and blame him for not doing enough to grow the economy?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So rich people gambling is what sets the standard for the average American? The stock market has been on an upward trend ever since 2009. Why wouldn't rich people be excited about a rich guy being president? They share the same values which is money.

So pension holders and workers with 401ks are rich now?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think the results we've seen in 2017 indicate a clearly robust degree of confidence in the economy, the market, and even the office of president coming out of corporate and industrial America.

Isn't this a double-edged sword though? Who are the ones who pay our politicians to lie to us? Corporate America. Wouldn't their confidence in the president mean that they believe he will allow for record profits for them? They pay politicians to write laws that benefit their bottom line, not the American people.

Keep this chart in mind when you consider the record profits corporations are raking in these days:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Trump has been at the helm for a year so if he really was a racist, black unemployment would be rising because he would make it rise, it is not. It is at the lowest since 1972 and it happened under Trump, big win for Trump.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, you're confusing the DOW growth during an Obama presidency that otherwise saw anemic economic growth on Main Street with the current economy in which all sectors are seeing real growth. Worker pay is up, hours are up, mom & pop stores are seeing growth... to attempt to use the "OMG, corporate America" excuse on this is little more than fear mongering and flailing against numerous economic indicators showing this economy is soaring.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Do you have the numbers that show all those things are actually up a significant amount?

Like I said in my last post, wait until 2017 GDP comes out. That will probably give us the best indication of how well the economy has improved.

And I'll say it right here, if we see 3+% growth I'll give Trump some credit. But if we don't see that I hope the people that have been claimed how great the economy is doing thanks to Trump don't try to walk that back and say it was still an Obama economy. I want them to have to come up with some reason that this exploding Trump economy didn't live up to their expectations.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What magic wand does Trump have!?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The average college student is over $30,000 in debt, that doesn't really speak well for the supposed "higher wages" when we're in more debt than ever before, though I would like to see the numbers you're looking at to come to the conclusion that wages are up.

And of course the hours are up, look at the chart I posted. Productivity (which coincides with hours) is up while wages have stagnated compared to the productivity. Companies are expecting more from us while paying us less, that means record profits for corporations.

It's not fear-mongering to call out facts. Corporate America is who pays politicians to lie to us, that's a fact. Their confidence in someone makes me less confident in said person because that means they are confident they will bend over backwards for the almighty dollar.
edit on 1/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Just 5 days ago:

"Black Unemployment At Record Low"

An alternative headline, which would show the true picture, would be:

Number of Black People Not in the Labor Force Reaches an All-Time High

As with the other BLS “data”, it is amazing how when you change the rules everything looks better.

The BLS reported black unemployment at 6.8% in December, an all-time low. That’s kind of funny, considering around 40% of working age black people are not working. These statistics do not include the 2 to 3 million black men sitting in prison.

It is easy to lie with statistics.

The 6.8% rate is the lowest, but a little comparison to 2007 reveals the lie. This was before the financial crisis and the need to spin the data in a positive manner.

-
The total population of working age black people went up from 27.5 million to 32.5 million, a 5 million increase. The number of employed blacks went from 16.1 million to 18.8 million, a 2.7 million increase. A critical thinking person might question how their unemployment rate could drop from 8.3% to 6.8% in this scenario.
-As usual, the BLS is peddling with a straight face that 2.3 million black Americans have it so good they voluntarily decided to leave the labor force and live off their accumulated wealth. The absurdity of this contention is beyond the pale.
-In 2007 the black participation rate was 63.7%. Today it hovers near an all-time low of 62.1%. It has fallen from 62.3% since Trump ascended to the throne.
-In 2007 the black employment to population ratio was 58.4%. Today it sits at 57.9%. Does this appear to be a positive development?
-It gets even better when you look at 1999 data. The black participation rate was 65.8%, the employment to population ratio was 60.6%, and a much more accurate unemployment rate of 8% was being calculated.
-Using the flawed and manipulated BLS methodology, black unemployment would be 9% to 10% if the participation rate was at 2007 levels. Not exactly an all-time low. Using the 1999 methodology would show an unemployment rate of 12%, almost double the bull# number being peddled today.
More black people working is a good thing. If Trump has the balls to keep de-funding giveaways to the free # army, they will be forced to get jobs. That would be a good thing for the black community and the country.

But, lets not pretend black unemployment is currently at all-time lows. It’s a false narrative.

www.zerohedge.com...

False reporting to shape a false narrative....

If only the black community could see just how belittling and insulting this type of propaganda is..and even some of us here as well.

do not talk about something that isn't a talking point of the left or right, how dare you make sense

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: carewemust

No, the Obama administration started the snowball effect of the African American employment figures.

I know because ante showed me a graph.

This one:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So we can see that the unemployment rate was already on the rise before Obama took office, it just continued the trend for a bit before tapering off and then steadily and consistently decreasing throughout his presidency. Now Trump's presidency is continuing the trend Obama left off with just as Obama did with Bush's administration.

The bias of the OP is pretty obvious.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Trust me, we see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join