It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African American Employment is at a Record High - Thankyou President Trump!.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
January 10, 2018

When Donald Trump was campaigning for President, he often used this famous line when addressing African American groups. After pointing out the increasing rate of crime, unemployment, and poverty under Obama...he would forcefully ask: "What the hell do you have to lose, by giving me a shot at helping you?"

Well..fast forward only 11 months into President Trump's 1st term, and we find that a decade of deterioration started to reverse in one key area. That of Unemployment...

There’s plenty to celebrate in the December Bureau of Labor Statistics report showing black unemployment at 6.8 percent, the lowest ever since they started reporting the data in 1972.

President Trump tweeted out his excitement and, of course, took credit for the good news. Has there ever been a politician who didn’t take credit for good news on his watch (or rationalize away responsibility for bad news)?

It seems to me quite reasonable for Trump to take credit for this. There are, indeed, positive things happening as result of his leadership – deregulation, a new tax bill, overall business-friendly policies and rhetoric. These things create a business environment of optimism and confidence, which drives investment and increases demand for labor.

MORE at: www.wnd.com...

Evidence is also coming in that President Trump's Federal Law Enforcement assistance (ATF agents and support sent in July 2017) has helped to reduce the number of murders in Chicago, Illinois...a city he always pointed to as needing "help" with getting gun violence under control. Number of murders in 2016 was 762. In 2017, there were 664..a 15% decline.
Source: chicago.suntimes.com...

Many things are now moving in the RIGHT direction, within the U.S. African American community!

-CareWeMust

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No, the Obama administration started the snowball effect of the African American employment figures.

I know because ante showed me a graph.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute... Isn't this guy supposed to be racist..

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Black unemployment chart :

Black unemployment has been in decline for years now.
Giving credit to Trump exclusively for the positive development is kinda stupid. Why do you always have to exaggerate when it comes to Trump?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Giving credit to Trump exclusively for the positive development is kinda stupid. Why do you always have to exaggerate when it comes to Trump?

Did you draw that on clipart?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That just shows you how effective Trump is😊a reply to: ErrorErrorError

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Trump hasn't done anything that has to do with the African American employment rate. You can't just take credit for things that you had nothing to do with, if Trump can take credit for the unemployment rate then so can I because we've both done the same amount in that regard.

You guys act as if Trump is all-powerful when it comes to good things happening. What exactly did Trump do for this to happen? Be specific. If you can answer that then I will admit he is the reason the rate is so low.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

www.cnbc.com...

Google is your friend

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

That's reflective of the graph that Ante showed us. If those figures are correct then maybe Obama wasn't as hopeless as I thought he was.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Since you're so positive this is wholly due to Trump then you'll have no problem showing that these numbers aren't the continuation of a downward trend.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Why do you always have to exaggerate when it comes to Trump?

Because Trump took credit for it on Twitter. Don't you get it? If Trump says it then it's gospel. He took credit for it so that means he deserves the credit, even if he had nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wouldn't an improved economy lower unemployment across the board?
Not sure why this is a surprise.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is the thing: The first year of a Presidents term, all of the successes and failures belong to the prior president. So while 2017 may give the appearance that Trump had an effect, the praise has to go to Obama. Now the numbers to look at will be in the Mid 2018, year, and look at those numbers as those would show the effects of the current policies of Trump.

So I would say that it is not Trumps policies that had an effect but Obama's right now. Remember the governments year and policies usually end in September, and start in October.

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

www.cnbc.com...

Google is your friend

Nah Google is my enemy.

+7 more 
link   
Why is it that people attack the guy who posted a news article, instead of attacking the article itself? Dare I say, that seems a bit ignorant? (Jeeze I hope that doesn't offend anyone)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wouldn't an improved economy lower unemployment across the board?
Not sure why this is a surprise.

So Obama wasn't such a bad president after all?
Black unemployment started to decline dramatically since 2012

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, we had 75 straight months of growth under Obama, that's over 6 years of constant job growth, nearly his entire two terms as president. But let's give Trump credit for all that, Obama didn't deserve it for some reason.

link   
Let me know when they're hiring skilled white males again. Cant even pay my electric.

link   
fake numbers, the participation rate (like with all demographics) is still considerably low

link   
What year did Obama take office?

What direction did that graph go after he took office?

Which party held the majority in Congress (both houses) at the beginning of his term also?

Asking for a friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join