It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why baby boomers need immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't know what to tell you then.

Most of the immigrants coming to this country to work. Want to work. And will work hard to earn whatever they can. Mostly to send back home. But at least they have the drive to do so.

I'll take those immigrants because those are the same type of people that made this country what it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I have no problem with legal immigrants at all.

Some of them are some of the hardest working people I know.

That does not mean that we need to increase the number of immigrants because benefits allows people to not fill jobs, or companies want to drive wages down.

But I am tired of the narrative that the immigrants are so much better than citizens.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

"But I am tired of the narrative that the immigrants are so much better than citizens."

I'm sure Native Americans said the same thing, didn't stop the white man, now the shoe is on the other foot and we feel as a nation now we have enough, what if Natives say all the white man go home, you broke our laws, you took the land.

but but but....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ah bthe truth comes out.

This is all about getting back at the evil white man.

Thanks for your honesty!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If you think it is about getting "back" at anyone you are seriously mistaken. It is actually quite the opposite. As you can see from my reply, I said What if???

thehill.com...

The genocide of our ancestors by settlers from other continents could have been a rationale for Native people -- the very first Americans -- to seek to block all others who wished to come here in search of freedom.

But that would have been the wrong path. In the words of the great Chief Joseph, we have always known that all people “were made by the same great Spirit Chief.”

"The righteous cause of welcoming deserving immigrants, and recognizing how much you benefit our society, has lasted for generations and will go on for generations ahead. That is not something to lament -- it is something to cherish, because our cause is just."

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I am not a settler, I am a native born US citizen. I refuse to take the blame for any ShIt that I didn't do. We can lament the past and wish this or that. But the fact that corps love immigrants, especially illegal ones is a present day fact. Illegals don't bitch about dangerous conditions, pay, sexual harassment, hours....... Want to know why they don't bitch, they will get deported.

Wanting illegal immigration is akin to lobbying for human rights violations.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't think we need 'any' type of immigrant, but hard-working people would work to advance the economy.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Umm a couple things. Right now there's only about 2.8 full time employees for everyone on social security and that ratio is dropping while people are living longer.

Second, everyone is swimming in debt and banks exist off new loans and immigrants need cars, houses, education all of which they cannot afford so banks need new blood.

We don't do immigrants any favors bringing them into this mess we refuse to deal with in a mature manner.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yah we need those kinds of immigrants not the kind the democrats want to put on the public dole for votes.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Yah we need those kinds of immigrants not the kind the democrats want to put on the public dole for votes.

Yeah, we agree and know what works within a society that needs to be sustained.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Yeah, we agree and know what works within a society that needs to be sustained.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I don't think we need 'any' type of immigrant, but hard-working people would work to advance the economy.

How do we know an immigrant will be hard working, and why should that be a go or no go in being allowed into the US?

So a immigrant that meets all the criteria but doesn't want to toil for $12 an hour they should be omitted from being granted citizenship? How would we know?

The working hard thing is great, but the companies that want the hard workers are going to have to pay a living wage. Trickle down will actually have to work when companies can't pay a immigrant peanuts to do the work that should be a decent paying job.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

How do we know an immigrant will be hard working, and why should that be a go or no go in being allowed into the US?

So a immigrant that meets all the criteria but doesn't want to toil for $12 an hour they should be omitted from being granted citizenship? How would we know?

The working hard thing is great, but the companies that want the hard workers are going to have to pay a living wage. Trickle down will actually have to work when companies can't pay a immigrant peanuts to do the work that should be a decent paying job.

The living wage has been studied to be $21 per hour and that was a few years that I looked it up. Hey, we are all forced to be hard working to survive this mess.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I believe that is the min wage.

It just makes me wonder why people are for illegals picking tomatoes and cleaning homes.

It is a 2 tier system that exploits people who do work hard and will never enjoy the fruits of their labor. It is a big circle jerk that only benefits the owners, and not the laborers.

Being OK with immigration for those jobs US citizens won't do is a opinion that it is OK to exploit "those people".

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It just makes me wonder why people are for illegals picking tomatoes and cleaning homes.

It is a 2 tier system that exploits people who do work hard and will never enjoy the fruits of their labor. It is a big circle jerk that only benefits the owners, and not the laborers.

Being OK with immigration for those jobs US citizens won't do is a opinion that it is OK to exploit "those people".

Exactly.

I did this thread over a year ago that shows just how immoral the argument we need immigrants to work cheap for us really is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Exactly.

I did this thread over a year ago that shows just how immoral the argument we need immigrants to work cheap for us really is.

How do we change it?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Exactly.

How do we change it?

well with illegals, we should focus more on the employers that knowingly hire them and pay them like garbage.

As far as other immigrants, we should start with a merit based system of people that can fill skilled jobs.

We should overall benefits for people without jobs to encourage them to have a better life by filling these jobs.

We should stop attempting to exploit unskilled foreigners for our own lavish lifestyles.

But certainly it is a very latrge problem that needs a very complex solution.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yep I was the 3rd comment down. Very very good thread.

It is the height of corporate fascism to push the false narrative that "those people" are good for the dirty unseen work, in fact it is an ugly form of racism.

Legal Immigrants deserve the same benefits to their labor as a US citizen. Illegal immigrants are open to all sort of abuses and people who are in favor of open boarders are not thinking things through.

edit on 10-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

baby boomers need

the money they paid into retirement.
Not the funds set aside after skimming off the top of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Exactly.

How do we change it?

well with illegals, we should focus more on the employers that knowingly hire them and pay them like garbage.

As far as other immigrants, we should start with a merit based system of people that can fill skilled jobs.

We should overall benefits for people without jobs to encourage them to have a better life by filling these jobs.

We should stop attempting to exploit unskilled foreigners for our own lavish lifestyles.

But certainly it is a very latrge problem that needs a very complex solution.

When was the last overhall of society ever recorded? I can't recall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join