It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seatle sin taxes soda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I hate people that ask for more taxes. I think they should die.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I think we should charge the government a surtax on every tax they impose on us.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No because they would tax it as income and jump us into a higher tax bracket. You cant win I tell ya.

edit on 1 10 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

You don't want to pay the tax. Don't buy the product.

As far as smoking..... I always hated reeking of smoke. If you want to breathe in that stuff. Do it at home.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yeah. That attitude doesnt work well when we peasants are pissed and life gets harder. We smoke and eat pork too.

But hey F history. Just dont drink the tea, I mean, the gatorade. Right?

edit on 1 10 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You know Bacon tax is coming!!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

You don't want to pay the tax. Don't buy the product.

As far as smoking..... I always hated reeking of smoke. If you want to breathe in that stuff. Do it at home.

How dare anyone have their little pleasures in life, amirite?

If you want to occasionally have a soda with your pizza or taco, you are going to pay more than you will to have a margarita!
edit on 10-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: nwtrucker

Not the only reason I'm leaving, but it's well up on the list. We, here on the east side of Washington, got taxed a few years back to help pay for the ferry system on the Sound. So this comes as no surprise to most of us who live here.

That's funny. I thought Western Washington was taxed to provide hundred mile highways to nowhere in Eastern Washington. You know, multi-million dollar highways (a million dollars a mile) so some podunk village could have "equal access'" to huge economic hubs like Wenatchee. The one tax I know of that was earmarked for the ferries was the car license excise tax that was skewered by Tim Eyman years ago. So what tax, specifically, does Eastern Washington pay that is solely for the ferries? And overall tax wise, which side of the state is subsidized by which other side of the state? In other words, if you split the state in two along the Cascade Range, which resulting state would be rich and which would be poor?

I wouldn't call eastern Washington poor in the slightest. Ag is booming, especially the wine industry. The truth is Washington takes far better care of the roads on the west side of the mountains...by far. Even then the highways are terrible in the Seattle metro area.

Sorry, but there's not much eastern Washington needs beyond keeping the Olympia out of their lives.

There are more flakes in the Seattle Council than I've ever seen in L.A..

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You know Bacon tax is coming!!

I'd storm the capital over that...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Some people apparently need a nanny...
You can thank a socialized healthcare system and an unhealthy population for this. I say tax it like cigarettes! Why should I have to pay for your poor life decisions?

Oh America...
The only nation someone can be obese and on food stamps at the same time.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It will boil down to liability. The large sugar industries/processed food industry know the product/s are dangerous, and the average consumer is not being informed of exactly how dangerous it is. (^ large corps own the media) In other words the corporations are hiding the research, and that will not bode well when this does go before a judge and jury. Remember the tobacco industry?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It will boil down to liability. The large sugar industries/processed food industry know the product/s are dangerous, and the average consumer is not being informed of exactly how dangerous it is. (^ large corps own the media) In other words the corporations are hiding the research, and that will not bode well when this does go before a judge and jury. Remember the tobacco industry?

I don't think that's the case at all. I can remember being told sodas were no good for you most of my life and that didn't just come from my parents. Society as a whole knows sugar makes you fat among many other things. I used to smoke a long time ago and I knew it was bad for me. I finally mustered up the will to quit. Same for sugar. It's an addiction.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Right, they called cigs coffin nails in the 1950's. What you heard is not how the legal system works.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't like more taxes and we generally don't need them. We need to cut government spending on every level, starting with elected officials pay.

So this discussion should just focus on Taxes, when it goes down to whether sugar is bad for you or soda is bad for you...we all know that.

I tell my clients that want to get healthy to start cutting unhealthy things out and ad healthy things back in. Start cutting out smoking, then Soda, then all fast food, then processed meat, then dairy, then candy and if they sell it in a convenience store...you should never eat or drink it with one exception...COFFEE! and start adding in smoothings, juice, fresh fruit, vegetables, walking, lifting weights, stretching , yoga, martial arts,

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought you wanted the discussion to "just focus on taxes"?

So this discussion should just focus on Taxes, when it goes down to whether sugar is bad for you or soda is bad for you...we all know that.

I tell my clients that want to get healthy to start cutting unhealthy things out and ad healthy things back in. Start cutting out smoking, then Soda, then all fast food, then processed meat, then dairy, then candy and if they sell it in a convenience store...you should never eat or drink it with one exception...COFFEE! and start adding in smoothings, juice, fresh fruit, vegetables, walking, lifting weights, stretching , yoga, martial arts,
a reply to: amazing

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I thought you wanted the discussion to "just focus on taxes"?

a reply to: amazing

LOL yeah...I went on a rant about nothing. Sorry. It should be about taxes! LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How will this work with Kool Aid? Or is that next. What about Starbucks. What about cupcakes and cookies. No more taterchips people. All you get to eat is your vegtables.
I wonder what gives them the right to dictate how we live? We do, because we let them.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So how does this affect Seattle’s favorite, Starbucks?
I guess it wouldn’t, but should it?
Many of theor beverages are loaded w/ sugar.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Oops.
Beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This lame tax was probably brought up by the former mayor as a diversion from his sex scandal. Didn't work so well and should be repealed anyway. Wait and see the reaction of the businesses. a reply to: Oaktree

The original one and the others in the city will have the tax.
edit on 10-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Member found the correct answer to the taxing above on the next page.
edit on 10-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join