It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Utnapishtim

Spell it correctly, or you're not allowed on his submarine.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: neo96

I've heard that theory also but that doesn't explain how so many different cultures have a Flood myth .

Pretty simple, really. 12,000 or so years ago we came off an Ice Age. So where did that melted ice go? It made the sea level rise a few feet, and that was enough to inundate coastal cities. It's the same threat as today. IF the globe is ACTUALLY warming, it wouldn't take much of a sea level rise to make cities like New Orleans, New York, and Los Angeles to be flooded to uninhabitability. We can argue about the mechanism that may have made this happen suddenly somewhere else. That would explain "how so many cultures have a flood myth." No God and no Noah required.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How do you ring grubhub without electricity...oh mobile phones of course. How do the drivers deliver - Jetski's?
Did they tip in food, lend their wives or throw a viper at the rider? So many unanswered questions.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The bloated corpses of every other creature the loving God of the Old Testament destroyed.

Ummm...in his infinite wisdom...of course...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

it would've been overcrowded and would explain why the dinosaurs get left behind

Dinosaurs first appeared on Earth in 700 AD I think.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Flood?
What flood?
If this is a good argument for disproving God.. well then.. Lol..

My personal gripe with the whole things has always been that.... - If God loved us unconditionally, and created us with free will, how in the f does he have the right to take it away?

Doesn't he know what it means to 'Love unconditionally'?
Because I do.
So I am better than God.
Suck it Mr. Godman

I used to feel that way as well, so I researched as much as I could. If you don't believe in God or the Bible then go on your merry way. If you do or even are just interested in digging further the most concise way to put it is the fallen angels from Gen 6:4 were able to corrupt the DNA of nearly all humans on the planet then. They knew God was going to send a Savior and their plan was to taint all the bloodlines. God was forced to hit the reset button.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

No, cousins, actually. The book of Jubilees cites each son had a wife on the Ark.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Personally I blame religion for holding us back

Or man using religion over the masses to hold onto power

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

from Gen 6:4 were able to corrupt the DNA of nearly all humans on the planet

But according to the New Testament we are sinners through Adam and Jesus died for all of us. Why was Noah not tainted by the same token. Was he not of Adams bloodline?
hmmmm

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The actual account does not say 2 of every animal. They took seven of 'food' animals.

I would assume that the released animals (after the flood) would have done what they always do. If any predator killed more than it actually required, its food source would be depleted and it would go extinct. The search for food and safety would naturally lead to rapid distribution of life, until they found, and became embedded into, particular ecological niches.

Consider the incest that would have happened after billions of years of evolution, us coming from a single ancestor species, and all that! I am always surprised when people who are 'anti-Creation' bring up incest as an issue.

Also, incest is only a problem with our nearly depleted genetic variability. The concept is that a created organism comes with a greater store of epigenetic and telomeric potential and that these are lost over time. Professor Bryan Sykes in his book 'Adam's Curse: A Future Without Men' estimated that the human male 'Y' chromosome only has about 50,000 years of viability left before it degrades to non-functionality.

edit on 10/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This is a great question and I applaud you for asking! I don't have an answer but I'd love to hear the theories. Sadly like nearly every religious threads on ATS this will just end up being a "we are smarter than you - the bible is dumb" thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I expect that they ate dead floating dinosaurs, you know, the ones that were not invited to the party

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

You believe in a literal interpretation of the story of Noah's Ark for real?
Surely you jest.

He only thinks he does.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Timothy 3:16

I don't see a mention there of using it as a science textbook?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I have a lot of issues to raise with Him.
If he's an interventionist, he is a psychopath, without a doubt.

His behavior does not constitute that of any kind of intelligent, caring being, I mean the story of Job for example?

Ruining a mans life to prove a point to your nemesis?
Whats that all about?

His behavior is inexcusable! If a word of it is true, he should be tried for war crimes and genocide...

Don't get me wrong, I believe in love, and that there is perhaps the possibility that there is something more to this life.
But to trust the word of a book that was written by men thousands of years ago, not even to mention the parallel story lines with other religions - yet somehow that creates hate??

I can't believe people are this stupid, and so many of them...
The human race can really grow, as a species we can accomplish great things.

But somehow we're still a species divided on racial, sexual and ethnic lines.

You seem to think God personally did all these awful things.

It is clear that God must have created this world, where there is cause and effect and that He is letting things develop as they do, only interfering if things go too far off the rails.

You seem to be accusing God that this world isn't some altruistic wonderland where nothing has consequence.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: jjkenobi

from Gen 6:4 were able to corrupt the DNA of nearly all humans on the planet

But according to the New Testament we are sinners through Adam and Jesus died for all of us. Why was Noah not tainted by the same token. Was he not of Adams bloodline?
hmmmm

It doesn't say why, but it does say (in Genesis 6:9) that Noah's bloodline wasn't corrupted:

These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I have a lot of issues to raise with Him.
If he's an interventionist, he is a psychopath, without a doubt.

His behavior does not constitute that of any kind of intelligent, caring being, I mean the story of Job for example?

Ruining a mans life to prove a point to your nemesis?
Whats that all about?

His behavior is inexcusable! If a word of it is true, he should be tried for war crimes and genocide...

Don't get me wrong, I believe in love, and that there is perhaps the possibility that there is something more to this life.
But to trust the word of a book that was written by men thousands of years ago, not even to mention the parallel story lines with other religions - yet somehow that creates hate??

I can't believe people are this stupid, and so many of them...
The human race can really grow, as a species we can accomplish great things.

But somehow we're still a species divided on racial, sexual and ethnic lines.

It is clear that God must have created this world, where there is cause and effect and that He is letting things develop as they do, only interfering if things go too far off the rails.

Proof please?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What did the herbivores eat?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How very amusing that people actually believe there was a big boat with two of every species of every single animal alive on the planet on board. For forty days, no less.

The first questions from a reasoning intellect should be ones like; how did they manage the bodily waste of all of these animals in this big awkward boat for a month without everyone getting sick and dying of nosocomial infection trying to care for them, or even feed them in the first place for that duration. Did all of these wild, dangerous animals just stand calmly in one spot for a solid month without protest, packed together like sardines...seriously, how big could this boat be and actually be capable of staying afloat?

How did they keep the predators from killing and eating all the prey animals and everyone on board for a month at sea? How did they get all these big, powerful wild animals on the boat...tranquilizer guns? Hypnosis? Hired a magician?

Sounds kind of silly, once you put your critical thinking cap on.

If they actually saved male and female pairs of every animal alive on Earth from a catastrophic flood back in biblical times, they had help from someone with technology. Someone who knew in advance that a cataclysm was coming. And if that is true, they most likely didn't take actual animals. They simply took their DNA.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

J.C. The Bible ain't right, nor is it wrong. It's been telescoped together, since no campfire coffee klatch can ever cover 72,000 years. This is the way that the flood story got telescoped. There were forty glacial outwash floods by daylight, and forty of the same at night. IOW's no one knew when one was going to cut loose. But you hear these monsters well before they arrive. Some animals hear them sooner than human ears do. The locals had large watercrafts readied, on dry land, and when the flood swept them away, everyone was on board. They drifted with the currents down to the sea, before dropping anchors. Very slowly, as the vegetation returned, our ancestors followed the new greenery back up into the great river valleys, which today are deserts. But at the end of the last Ice Age, they were lush gardens, which myriads of animals grazed on.
I live in a valley washed to pieces by the last great glacial outwash flood of Glacial Lake Missoula, 20, 000 years ago. This flood drove some Mammoths up onto the Camas Prairie, where they perished from lack of food, in the cold snows. Radio Carbon dating, matches debris at the bottom of the plunge pool at Lind Coulee, Washington State.

At the end of this cyclic flooding some Sage, noted to his student, by asking how high the Ice had been on the high Mountain. The student said it was almost up to the summit. So the Sage said to fill an Urn with ice, and measure where the water line was when it all melted. The student measured this water line, and noted it was lower than the ice's level. And this became a flood, reaching High on the Mountain of Ararat, even though the outwash floods were all flowing in the opposite direction. Humans telescoped 80 + floods into one giant Planet wide catastrophe, where all of the Ice melted in one fell swoop. And since their "Biblical Ark", floated on top of the waters, it would have beached way up on the high mountains.

The difference is that the South Asian floods ended up, down at the 30th Deg. of Latitude, which was snow free, while we are near the 47th Degree, right at the tails of the glaciers. The Camas Prairie is much higher, and has colder weather. One of these Mammoths' skeletons, is displayed in a glass house in Grangeville, Idaho. Those survivors hung around Tolo Lake, until they all starved to death. All of the lower valleys were rock and bolder strewn rubble, left from the flood. Our ancestors were shepherds and hunters, but not yet farmers, so they had to follow the greenery, back up into the great river valleys, between Egypt and India.

edit on 10-1-2018 by carpooler because: Locating Lind Coulee's Latitude, vs. the Divine Parallel, at the 30th Degree of Lat.

edit on 10-1-2018 by carpooler because: Hello Grasshopper

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join