It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese astronaut Claims to have grown 9cm in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well hello sailor...

Japanese astronaut apologises for saying he had grown 9cm in space

Norishige Kanai retracts claim as a mistake and says he had in fact grown 2cm since arriving at the International Space Station

he apologised, saying he had measured himself after his captain raised questions about the apparent growth and he had stretched only 2cm.

“This mis-measurement appears to have become a big deal, so I must apologise for this terrible fake news,” he tweeted, without explaining how the original miscalculation had occurred.

link (the guardian)

Guy sure seems to be excited to be on the ISS or is he just happy to see us all from space?

Apologies for giving in to my inner 11 years old self who asked me to post this

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yes... apparently he is 4ft tall now...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hahahaha! My inner 11 year old just rolled her eyes...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Completely understandable - part of me is rolling my eyes at myself but I just can't keep a straight face seeing how part of the article is formulated.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
He cooked himself up a fish tale up thar in outer spayce. I swear I was thiiiiiiiiiiis big.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Wow! I gained several inches (it was cold on my walk home from work, i swear) when my wife said she'd already done the dishes and prepped the roast before I started cooking dinner last night. No need for low orbital flight...

Pathetic, I know, but that's what several years of marriage, 60 hr work weeks and being the better cook in our relationship does to a guy.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not clear what part got bigger. Maybe space sushi got him horny.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

He will shrink after a few days back on earth. I have heard all astronauts that go to space have this happen due to the lack of gravity. Just like you are tallest in the morning due to spine expanding while you sleep. Once you wake up and sit up gravity compresses it some.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh god... sighhhhhhh🙄🙄🙄🙄
Ok I'll cave.
Banana anyone?

Edit: I'll see my 5 year old immaturity out...

edit on 10-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

join