It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your life is good...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a rant about the complaints and arguments that people have about the government.
I fully understand that The real reason anyone complains about the government is not to help themselves but because they want something BETTER for the people they love. Yes it will sound like my head is in the sand. But I will have this rant anyway.

I will first define what "good" life is.
1) You have enough food to eat. Enough to be healthy and enough to be satisfied after your meals.

2) You have shelter of any kind.

3) You have electricity.

4) You have access to clean water.

5) You have someone or something to love and someone or something loves you .

It doesn't sound like anyone is happy with the united states government. Everyone is complaint about something. Even today when we hear news of the president being bipartisan on an immigration issue we still hear the complaints. Complaints from all sides. The left think it will be used against them in future talks, the right thinks he caved to pressure, the center is calling it all a show, The fence sisters are shrugging their shoulders.
We all seem to have our fix for government problems. Ranging from workable solutions to the outright ridiculous.
But why?

The corruption , the incompetence, the backstabbing , the partisan bickering the lobby and the special interests groups.
If your life is good then ether it is good despite these things , because of these things or these things don't mater.
If your life is good then you don't want anything to change .
If your life is good then why complain about it at all.
My life is good right now and has been for 5 years.

I hope nothing in government changes.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Just because life in America is good for most people (per your parameters) doesn't mean that it could not even be more prosperous and better if government would do certain things differently and more efficiently.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There is also #6
That you are not suffering medical conditions and are not in physical pain on a daily basis.

I hope things keep changing, and for the better.

Saying you hope nothing changes is absurd because it's a fact things will change.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

How selfish.

Simply because things are working for you, doesn't mean things couldn't be better.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hope I never feel as self-satisfactory and complacent in my life as you have described. I will always want more and better for others and yes, myself. I don't know anyone who is as personally comfortable as you. Too many poor, sick, dying, sad, mentally ill, and the list goes on. Some humans have empathy and sympathy which causes them to actually feel for others and act for the betterment on their behalf-it's a reason for our existence. So, you just keep living your "good" life. Guess you think you're special.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i dont really understand your argument but whatever

i have food, water, and a home that i work for so the government is awesome?
sure buddy

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Conspiracy site.

Government being the biggest conspiracy.

Stands to reason . . . . .

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

no not at all.

I'm saying why worry so much if you have what you need in life.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

lol right.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That's why I started with a declaimer: I fully understand that The real reason anyone complains about the government is not to help themselves but because they want something BETTER for the people they love. Yes it will sound like my head is in the sand. But I will have this rant anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm saying why worry so much if you have what you need in life.

well thats not what you said

top topics

join