It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Drug Reverses Alzheimer’s Memory Loss, Study Finds [Bye Bye Pfizer?]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So I just came across this article which talks about a drug which actually reverses Alzheimer's disease! This is a scientific breakthrough and quite possibly the reason Pfizer has recently shut down (put a halt) on their Alzheimer's and Parkinson research centers as I posted on it HERE

Check it out...

Drug Reverses Alzheimer’s Memory Loss, Study Finds
www.spring.org.uk...

A diabetes drug that includes three growth factors has reversed Alzheimer’s-related memory loss in mice.

This is not the first drug originally aimed at diabetes that may eventually help Alzheimer’s.

Type-2 diabetes is a risk factor for Alzheimer’s, and has been implicated in the disease’s progression.

Professor Christian Holscher, who led the study, said the drug…

“…holds clear promise of being developed into a new treatment for chronic neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.”

The study found that the drug reduced amyloid plaques — protein build-ups linked to Alzheimer’s.

With advances in treatments and scientists opening up their research findings to the community really shows how motivated and and most cases transparency is key to hold promise that diseases can be cured with the healing and health goals in mind...not money.

edit on 9-1-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Reverses Alzheimers or blocks symptoms from further developing? Your link seems to suggest it is the latter and not the former and there IS a difference. Though either outcome would be good, I HIGHLY doubt that Alzheimer's can be reversed with medication since it damaged nerve endings. Not your fault though since the source titled the claim and not you.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is good stuff, although we all know that going from mice to humans is a relatively long road that doesn't always lead to its destination.

Still, I'll remain hopeful, as I had a grandmother who died due to complications with dimensia and possibly alzheimers.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Even if it only prevented the progression of the disease, that would be pretty massive. I lost 3 out of 4 grandparents to it, and it's a heartbreaking thing to watch happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Please let this be true.
I really hope this drug works.
Alzheimer's and dementia are the two scariest things I can imagine.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Where's the press release from Pfizer?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A relative simply stopped lipitor and a few other cholesterol and clot reducing drugs and after 60 days was declared Alzheimers-free.

What is this new drug's action and does it also reverses the effects of Aluminum in chemtrails? Cuz seems even kids got Alzheimers Already nowadays

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If its a type 2 diabetes drug, then the same effect could probably be achieved with a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. Then you wouldn't need a prescription or pay a co-pay.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yep alzheimers is Diabetes type III

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
A relative simply stopped lipitor and a few other cholesterol and clot reducing drugs and after 60 days was declared Alzheimers-free.

What is this new drug's action and does it also reverses the effects of Aluminum in chemtrails? Cuz seems even kids got Alzheimers Already nowadays

Seems like I have to agree with you on this one about kids these days. Those that work at the fast food joints just don't seem to have their thoughts together.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The article doesn't give any names for the drug.

I think Pfizer killed the program specifically so it wouldn't save lives...yet. As boomers age, there's a looming crisis of how to keep them healthy. Pfizer will wait until shirt hits the fan, and THEN develop this therapy, and naturally charge an arm and a leg for it. The patent might expire during the coming Alzheimer's boom if they develop it now.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

The article doesn't give any names for the drug.

Liraglutide, which is marketed as Victoza (in the UK at least).

This is the original study: Neuroprotective effects of a triple GLP-1/GIP/glucagon receptor agonist in the APP/PS1 transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
So I just came across this article which talks about a drug which actually reverses Alzheimer's disease!

No, it doesn't, please read the original article (I linked above) instead of relying on journalists. The drug improved mice memory and reduced brain inflammation. Treated mice also lost nerve cells at a slower pace. There was no 'reversal' whatsoever. Unfortunately Alzheimer's is a chronic / degenerative disease, this means the damage cannot be reversed once it's done.

The treatment holds clear promise, but you need clinical trials to see if the same results are mirrored with people.

With advances in treatments and scientists opening up their research findings to the community really shows how motivated and and most cases transparency is key to hold promise that diseases can be cured with the healing and health goals in mind...not money.

What are you talking about? The drug in the study in you OP is made by Big Pharma.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Dealing with Alzheimer's is very stressful. The one having Alzheimer's faces many problems in the day to day life. I read an article that mentions about some ways that can lower down Alzheimer's progression. Even the dementia care near Morris county NJ is a good option for people facing Alzheimer's. There they will get the best treatment and care.

new topics

top topics

join