It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Brewing In Space? Why So Many Satellite Rocket Launches Lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why have there been so many satellite rocket launches all of a sudden? People have been posting spectacular footage of these rocket's spiral plumes on YouTube for many weeks now. I was curious about this and found an interesting 5 minute YouTube clip on this subject matter:

Since September 7, 2017, there have been at least 9 launches. These launches were made to put satellites into orbit, as well as a secret X-37B Space Plane. Some were successful, some were not. The question I have is, why so many launches all of a sudden? Are these just communication and observation satellites, or do they have other purposes? What is the real purpose of the X-37B Space Plane? What was the purpose of the highly classified "Zuma" satellite, that recently ended in failure? The world's governments, including our own, aren't exactly very transparent when it comes to the UFO phenomenon. With all the current talk on alien "disclosure" and the uncovered, secret Pentagon UFO program, are some of these satellites being used to observe and track UFOs? Could this be possible? What do you think?

September 7, 2018:

The fifth mystery mission of the U.S. Air Force's X-37B space plane is now underway. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the robotic X-37B lifted off today (Sept. 7) at 10 a.m. EDT (1400 GMT) from historic Launch Complex 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Florida.

Exactly what the X-37B did during those four missions, or what it will do during the newly launched OTV-5, is a mystery; most X-37B payloads and activities are classified. This secrecy has spawned some speculation that the vehicle may be a space weapon of some sort. But the Air Force has vigorously denied this idea, stressing that the space plane is just testing technologies for future spacecraft and hauling experiments to orbit.

www.space.com...

October 9, 2017:

The private spaceflight company SpaceX successfully launched 10 communications satellites into low-Earth orbit today (Oct. 9) and landed the spent Falcon 9 first-stage rocket booster on a drone ship in the Pacific Ocean.

Iridium Communications announced earlier this week that it had begun testing and validating its Iridium Certus service, which will utilize the Iridium Next satellites to provide a "truly global broadband service" to its users, according to a statement from the company. The 66 satellites will spread out around the planet to provide service to remote regions of the globe, the company has said.

www.space.com...

October 15, 2017:

United Launch Alliance’s clandestine Atlas V launch in support of the US National Reconnaissance Office finally departed SLC-41 on Sunday, after previously failing to dodge bad weather and then suffering a telemetry transmitter issue. Liftoff of NROL-52 from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station occurred at 07:28 Eastern.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

October 30, 2017:

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the Koreasat 5A communications satellite for KTsat based in South Korea. Koreasat 5A will provide direct-to-home television broadcast and other communications services over Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Guam, Indochina, and South Asia. The satellite will also support maritime communications. SpaceX will attempt to land the Falcon 9 first stage on the Autonomous Spaceport Drone Ship (ASDS) "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean.

www.kennedyspacecenter.com...

November 28, 2017: FAILED Russian launch

The Fregat upper stage and its 19 satellite passengers, including a Russian weather observatory and spacecraft for U.S., Canadian, European and Japanese companies, likely fell into the Atlantic Ocean after igniting its main engine in the wrong orientation, the reports said.

spaceflightnow.com...

December 22, 2017:

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency launched two satellites into space Friday (Dec. 22) on separate missions to study the Earth and test new ion engine technology.

www.space.com...

December 26, 2017:

Russia on Tuesday launched a rocket carrying Angosat-1, the first national telecoms satellite for Angola, from its Baikonur space pad, with rare use of a rocket from Ukraine despite collapsed ties between the two nations. Read more at: phys.org...

phys.org...

December 26, 2017:

XICHANG, Sichuan, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- China launched remote sensing satellites at 3:44 a.m.(Beijing Time) Tuesday on a Long March-2C carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan Province.

www.xinhuanet.com...

January 7, 2018: Launch of classified, national-security satellite, Zuma.

The U.S. government's hush-hush Zuma satellite may have run into some serious problems during or shortly after its Sunday (Jan. 7) launch, according to media reports.

Space.com also reached out to representatives of aerospace company Northrop Grumman, which built Zuma for the U.S. government. "This is a classified mission. We cannot comment on classified missions," Northrop Grumman spokesman Lon Rains said via email.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The question I have is, why so many launches all of a sudden?

Space X finally got their s*** together . Now they are filling the backlog.

.o2

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There were roughly the same number of launches as previous years. There were 87 launch attempts in 2015, 85 in 2016, and 90 in 2017.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is no confirmation of failure of the Zuma launch. It is pure speculation based on the fact the government refuses to discuss any details about the classified payload.

For all we know the Russians are mad and spreading rumors because we successfully deployed a sat based space weapon.

But as far as the number of launches, we are in the future man! We are finally at the point again where space exploration is being taken seriously again, and communications networks around the globe are being upgraded with new technology at the same time connecting more and more populations around the world, reducing communication isolation.

I think some of them though could be deliveries of Gold and Platinum group metals to the alien visitors that have been stopping through.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My conspiracy sense is tingeling like crazy after all those launches and my initial thought is that they are establishing a defense grid and all this equipment they send up is pointing not at earth. There is a lot of chatter that something or someone is heading our way. Since Q and all the Pleiadians showed up i have to wonder if it is all connected and they are preparing us for The Event. I'm open minded to everything right now. I guess time will tell though it is strange that ZUMA is untrackable.

USA 280 ZUMA unable to track

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think they are building an outer shell. Montezuma built an extensive aqueduct system, therefore the zuma payload was probably a node or hub of some kind to distribute power wirelessly.

The ionosphere is loaded with electrical energy, all they have to do is tap in like a battery.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well laid out original post btw.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Trump has a plan it involves walls to keep illegal Aliens OUT and plans to enclose earth in a planet sized dysonsphere .
That will show them .
yep Aliens definitely aliens .

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's probably the latest Star Wars weapons deployment.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Never heard "We deliver anywhere" from Domino's ? (ISS)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good Lord! You have already had it pointed out that the number of launches has not risen at all. Yet your spidey senses are still tingling? Get a grip, please. You're just paying more attention, as some of us have been doing for decades. SpaceX, in particular, is doing a good job of publicizing their launches; every one of them is filmed. Take a look at the launch calendar here. Here you can see who is launching what when. Most all of them are commercial communications satellites with a smattering of government-sponsored reconnaissance stuff. The idea that Zuma was a failure is ludicrous. It was another perfect launch another perfect recovery of the booster. Remember when all the "experts" said this was impossible? Twentieth in a row, iirc.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess I never noticed that before. It just seems like every couple weeks, there's a launch of yet "another" communication satellite, or "classified" military project and a video of it's exhaust plume on YouTube. How many communication satellites does the world need? There's talk of all this space "junk" orbiting our planet. Eventually, this debris is either going to cause problems with a future launch, or tumble back to earth. You listed 262 launch attempts in 3 years...how many of those were for launching communication/observation satellites? Is it just me that thinks that's excessive? Surely, a few of those launches were for "classified" defense satellites, don't you think? Sorry I called you "surely."

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No, I'm not going to "get a grip." This IS a conspiracy website and I brought up a valid question. It's MYopinion that some of these launches "could" be for classified projects dealing with the observation of the UFO phenomenon. You're certainly entitled to think that's silly, but I thought ATS was for people to share and discuss "possible" conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
With all NK nuke talks, I believe these SpaceX are laser system that shoot nuke missle down. Technology has goes much more advanced nowadays.

Or guard from Alien invasion.

Or asteroid heading on earth.

Or just build new satellite.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well it's the race to weaponize space, race to the moon, and eventually the race to mars.. I'm sure not every launch is a harmless one!

Edit, Never gets old watching the rockets liftoff though!
edit on 9-1-2018 by marlbblacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's that thing that entered the solar system a few months ago, it has got everyone flapping about!

Oumuamua is a messenger from afar, but no one knows what the message is. It could be "Hey, hello, just passing through, see ya on the flipside" or it could be "Hmmm, nice looking solar system you have here, we'll take it".

It's on its way out of the solar system again now, laden with information about us all.

Nothing I have written is the truth and is all pulled directly out of my bum.

Or is it?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: schuyler

No, I'm not going to "get a grip." This IS a conspiracy website and I brought up a valid question. It's MYopinion that some of these launches "could" be for classified projects dealing with the observation of the UFO phenomenon. You're certainly entitled to think that's silly, but I thought ATS was for people to share and discuss "possible" conspiracy theories.

Show me PROOF that launching the same number of satellites year after year is a "conspiracy." A conspiracy site is not a license to be stupid.
edit on 1/9/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
If it is untrackable, then clearly they deployed a stealth satellite and are trying to keep it from rival eyes. The likely explanation as to why authorities refuse to disclose ANYTHING about it other than its name. Stealth satellite weapon prepping for the forced nuclear disarmament of North Korea I hope.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Satelliteshave a pretty short life in orbit. Between constant exposure to pretty severe radiation 24/7, and having to make orbital adjustments, a lower orbit communications satellite is lucky to make five years before it's either burned out, or out of fuel.

Then there's the technology advancement factor. The new Iridium satellites are far more advanced than even the ones launched 10 years ago. Same with observation satellites.

As for there appearing to be more launches, now that SpaceX is launching more, there's a lot more exposure. We went from "There was an Atlas V launch today" to "check out the webcast of our launch and landing today as it happens".

Quite a few of the launches were classified systems. Everything the NRO launches is classified. You can get a feel for what it is based on the orbit, but not what's on board or how good it is.
edit on 1/9/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join