It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Drug Company Pfizer Abandons All Alzheimer's And Parkinson's Research

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for posting that. I hadn’t heard.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was treating my buddy with coconut oil and other naturals.......when he went into the hospital the last time at 85 years og age, they found he had parkinsons that knocks out memory too, so i was barkin up the wrong language
edit on 9-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They must have found out that sugar is the main cause for these types of maladies (maybe).

Alzheimer's Disease Is Type 3 Diabetes–Evidence Reviewed
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I tried to find the thread where I typed Alzheimer's would be classified as Diabetes 3 a while ago right here at ATS™ but I did find this thread. I understand You know the author?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd be willing to wager that Cannabis would be goo....great for this ailment as well..

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Assuming that other companies have more developed research in neuroscience, it makes sense to put your aces in their places and push progress as far as you can within your own bailiwick.

As someone who was in that industry. I can say Pfizers lagged behind in that area.

Other areas they are ahead, just not in this.

THen it seems that everyone wins by them refocusing on strengths instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

Assuming that other companies have more developed research in neuroscience, it makes sense to put your aces in their places and push progress as far as you can within your own bailiwick.

As someone who was in that industry. I can say Pfizers lagged behind in that area.

Other areas they are ahead, just not in this.

THen it seems that everyone wins by them refocusing on strengths instead.

Exactly.

No point in continuing a dead end.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

Good call...

Tons of truth in your statement.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The Pharma industry always defends their high prices because of all of the costs of research and development and to keep the pipeline going. This is just sick, now they are showing their true colors, they never cared, and all it has ever been about is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You know what you call a company that doesn't make a profit?

Closed....

The Us goverment that's over $100 trillion in debt.

But it stays open.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Or maybe they have just realized simple coconut oil, outperforms all the medicines with no side effects and called it a day.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe they realized they spent a lot of money and got very little return on their investment.

Maybe they realised that these illnesses they once thought would be a massive cash cow for them, the millions being spent on research, was going to be totally wasted when the USA almost wholly permit medicinal Cannabis use, and that Cannabis appears to be one of the most promising treatments for these conditions, and also acts as a neuroprotective slowing down neural degenerative diseases.

edit on 9 1 2018 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Is there anything pot can't do?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

In seriousness...there are few plants on earth with that much medical potential.

Humans are filled with canabinoid receptors. Every organ in the body. Its hard to argue that humans are not meant to injest cannabinoids when our bodies come equipped with billions of receptors, ready and waiting.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Could just be they weren't making headway. A quick google search shows that patients are being treated with more common drugs & if I'm not mistaken no one knows how to regrow neural pathways.

Each neuron actually maintains a map of what it's previous connections were. Fish oils and anything else that helps boost learning would work.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Actually the nerve pathways are in a myelin sheath, just the same as copper wire is wrapped in plastic to stop the electrical nerve signal from leaking to ground in random areas. If a circuit is connected to the nerve ending, electrons build up at the point the nerve has been severed, then like the negative charge on a Salamanders tail stump it stimulates growth. They found electro convulsive therapy actually grew new brain cells.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See: Endocannabinoid System

en.wikipedia.org...

(sorry for the 'Thank You' note atop the Wiki™ page...)

I've also been giving CBD Oil™ (THC included) to My 13 y.o. female Weimaraner and She is back to running and She was handicapped w/skeletal issues when We talked Her into moving in w/Us. I've been adding Coconut oil to their food for about 2 years now and all their coats are nice and shiny. She also used to eat poop something to do w/stomach issues (had to do w/Her prior surgeries. Short stomach. poop and long green grass) but since the oils being used, no mas doodoo..
*** Warning *** The dogs will also lick You like You've been gone for weeks and their breath isn't as 'doggish'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join