It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Crimson Tide are the National Champions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
After a tumultuous season, to include a loss to their in-state rival Auburn, Alabama overcame the odds to prove without a doubt that they deserve to be National Champions.

Georgia played a helluva game, and gave Alabama their best for 4 quarters of play. In the end though, the freshman backup QB, Tua Tagovailoa found the end zone in OT for the win.

Roll Tide.

Discuss.
edit on 1-9-2018 by cynicalheathen because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

The past 2 Championship games... fantastic. Fun to watch.

Clemson stealing the game in the final few seconds last year, and 'Bama's improbable TD in overtime this year.... amazing.

The NFL could learn a lot from the NCAA. They won't, of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If the refs didn't blow that offsides call on the blocked punt I think we'd be having a different discussion right now. I'm from Georgia so I'm a huge Bulldogs fan, seeing the refs make such a huge mistake doesn't surprise me at all, it favored Alabama which is the golden child of college football. So disappointed right now but am used to it after the Falcons did the same thing in the Super Bowl last year.

Oh well, life goes on.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What about the refs missing the Georgia receiver stepping out of bounds?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You mean on the 80-yard touchdown? Because that could have easily gone either way, the offsides call was blatantly wrong and took Georgia from like the 10-yard line, an almost guaranteed field goal to no points at all.
edit on 1/9/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What about all the future brain injuries of all these young men?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

They know the risks of playing football I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not sure what you're talking about. You mean on the 80-yard touchdown? Because that could have easily gone either way, the offsides call was blatantly wrong and took Georgia from like the 10-yard line, an almost guaranteed field goal to no points at all.

I called him out in real time, no replay, and the slow-mo only backed that up with no green between the heel and the line.

Not to mention all the holding no-calls I saw on both sides.

Refs are human, they make mistakes just like the rest of us.

In any case, Kirby Smart will be at UGA as long as he wants. I look for the Dawgs to be a dynasty sooner rather than later.

link   
I am a West Virginia fan, so I am a "neutral". There were blown calls on both sides of the ball... the refs called a very loose game; they let both sides play...

I saw no officiating bias, at all.

I was pulling for Georgia. I like seeing the underdogs win. I don't care for Nick Saban, or Alabama... but...

Alabama played a better game tonight, when it mattered most. Alabama made great adjustments after halftime... Georgia didn't.

link   

originally posted by: Justso

Are they forced to play? I don't see anyone holding a gun to their head.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

They will become liberals. That is what brain damage does.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I know, I'm not mad because I know mistakes happen, I just find it annoying that Alabama got such a lucky break on such a pivotal play. Great game though, just wished it would have gone the other way for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Stay classy.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think Bama proved why they are elite.

Georgia will be very dangerous either next season or the season after.

Roll Tide, Go Dawgs.

I think we can both agree that Auburn sucks.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

You are right. Didn't think of that.

To the rest of you uncaring football fiends: Shame on you. No empathy at all for these young men. I am sure they were never given classes on the diseases which occur later in life during their college courses. They should meet my ex-pro player brother in law suffering terribly from Parkinsons. Any classes in that?

All the glory and death-present gladiators.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am a Bama fan, however, Georgia is legit! Kirby Smart is a good coach and very good recruiter! They are a force to be reckoned with. They will be perennial favorites every season!

Roll Tide!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Slap fight..
Tonight's game😁

Kosmicjack
"Seeking Delicious Schadenfreude"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wanted somebody to win.😊

edit on 9-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If the refs didn't blow that offsides call on the blocked punt I think we'd be having a different discussion right now. I'm from Georgia so I'm a huge Bulldogs fan, seeing the refs make such a huge mistake doesn't surprise me at all, it favored Alabama which is the golden child of college football. So disappointed right now but am used to it after the Falcons did the same thing in the Super Bowl last year.

Oh well, life goes on.

I don't think one blown call would have changed the outcome. A revitalized defense was on fire in the 2nd half and thus your defense was getting gassed (much like ours in the 1st half), on top of Tua actually producing yardage. Plus you guys started going conservative and running the ball instead of throwing.

ETA and I do have mad respect for Kirby and them Dawgs. I see them being in the conversation every year, much like Clemson these days.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Aren't you a UT fan?

That means I'm legally obligated as an Alabama fan to hate you.

Just be thankful that I didn't break or pee on anything when I visited UT Knoxville in August 2017.

I did feel physically ill when I saw Philip Fulmer Way on an actual street sign though. I got through it by remembering that he'd rather pay a fine than set foot in Alabama.
edit on 1-9-2018 by cynicalheathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Exaggerated.
Besides, just think of all the college degrees these men will have to become future.......................who am I kidding?......

top topics

join