It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Boston (DEC 6 2013)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Haven't heard about this one. This happened during the Obama administration. This was kept real quite. Didn't show up on my ATS search. Hmmm.

Good thing Trump won the election or we would be on our way to completed Tyranny. Still their is a deep infestation of these operatives still in government and key positions.

Still their is crazy legislation like giving up your right to a fire arm if you choose to get a medical marijuana license.

And some more incrementalism.

edit on 8-1-2018 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS SCREAMING MAKES NOTHING MORE RELEVANT

• posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:37 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Doctor Smith

Star and flag, watched a bit of the first video but will have to continue it at work tomorrow.

Have never heard a peep about this. Honestly I'd have expected nothing less and can see why this would be suppressed.

Gun confiscation, or any attempt at it, would be a blood bath on both sides.

Freedom to many is more than just a buzz word for fools to leverage against other fools. For some, it's at the very core of their being. It's something that a government paycheck just can't overcome. I hope those in power won't have to learn this "the hard way".

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:42 PM
    link   

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:46 PM
    link   
    This may give you somewhat of an explanation of why it was not covered widely.

Sure sounds like something that would have gotten out the the world in 2013 when twitter and facebook were just as proliferated as today.

a reply to: Planette
    not that interesting as your link goes 404.

Message From The Author:

For those of you that may have been fooled by the headline, I offer my apologies, but ask you to keep reading. I actually did this for a reason. And no – despite what a few trolls claimed, it’s not click-bait.

First & Foremost, I believe it’s absolutely essential that we, as Americans, do not forget what triggered the American Revolution. Firearm Confiscation was the straw that broke the camels back. If the redcoats had never denied the colonists their right to bear arms, we may very well still be sippin’ tea and munchin’ on tasteless, stale bread.

But, I had a secondary cause in mind: A wake-up call. Over the last 2 days, I have answered many questions and dealt with an amazing amount of flat-out disinformation coming our way. People, these days, don’t read articles, they read headlines. And they react to them. Hell, I’m guilty of it myself.

This is how media operates. They obfuscate the facts with muddy water. If I were a journalist, I could answer your crticisms and tell you that no, in fact, I lied about nothing. And I really didn’t. The image was chosen for a reason. The headline was chosen for a reason, and the blurb I used to post it on facebook

So This Is How It Starts

Was also chosen for a reason. Those reasons, combined with a basic knowledge of how people respond to mass media, are all any journalist needs these days to plant the seed in someone’s mind and watch it grow, and yet saving an “out” if they get called on their bull#. This is what media does. Question. Everything.

In just a few days, this one Facebook post was shared thousands of times and seen by over 100,000 people. Some of you assumed the headline was referring to modern events, as if this just happened…, some of you actually clicked & read, and realized it was simply referring to a historical event. Some of you found the humor. Some of you figured out the intent. Some of you cursed us, hellbent on throwing a tantrum. Some of you called it all bull# without ever taking the time to even look it up. But the majority never even read this message, because you made up your own minds as soon as you found a way to twist things to support your predetermined ideas. And the only goal the media has in mind is spreading to to as many people as possible. They know only the headline will be read by most and the headline will become the truth…and it’ll spread like wild fire.

edit on 1-8-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
    link   
    www.abovetopsecret.com...

dunno why its showing as removed when clicked, alt:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
    link   
    a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well, that's interesting, makes sense why this wouldn't have exploded if true.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
    link   

after a brief search I agree with your post tho I do say it is a good reminder of why they want our guns.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:36 PM
    link   
    a reply to: liveandlearn
    I feel more than anything, it is a good reminder of why people should read past headlines and research the meat of things. A clear example of just that was the RT headline today about defeating an attack by 13 sophisticated drones that I think is quite clear never happened.

They said "the russian ministry of defense said" , and so me being the critical thinker, let me go see what they actually said. And you know what the Russian Ministry of Defense actually said?? Not a damn thing, it is nowhere to be found on their page.

Or when some headlines read "Yemen shoots down F-15" , I say, well lets see what really happened. The original Yemeni source did not say they shot it down at all, they used a word that translated as injured, likely meaning they implied damage. But nowhere did they say at all they shot it down.

And really that was the point even the original author of this satire was trying to get across. That people need to get past just reacting to a headline and dig into the meat and potatoes of a claim. Because the MSM already knows that many folks will only react to a headline and not do any research and intentionally try to mislead the public.

But I agree, people like Senator Feinstein would love nothing more than to rule over a disarmed population with a gun in her own hand, salivating at the easy pickings.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:38 PM
    link   
    Satire repurposes American history in describing a modern ambush near Boston that killed 72 National Guard troops.

The incident referenced in this article is of course not something that recently took place in the Boston area, but rather a recasting of a centuries-old event that is widely regarded as marking the beginning of the American Revolutionary War: the military clashes at Lexington and Concord which took place between British troops (commonly known as “redcoats” or “regulars”) and Massachusetts militia (commonly known as “Minutemen”) on April 18-19 in 1775.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:53 PM
    link   

absolutely agree and always dig deeper, tho I have sometimes failed in that. Truth is hard to come by now days and just taking a headline or one source just allows us to confirm our bias. Hard as it may be we have to look at all sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:23 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
    Haven't heard about this one. This happened during the Obama administration. This was kept real quite. Didn't show up on my ATS search. Hmmm.

Good thing Trump won the election or we would be on our way to completed Tyranny.

This was kept quiet because it's illegal to incite a riot.

Knowingly releasing information in any manner that would cause the people to revolt is against the law.

All major news media outlets have to comply with the law.

Trump didn't change anything.

If anything, everything is accelerating under Trump. All you hear about is the deportations, because that keeps Americans happy, and there's no chance that deporting illegals would cause American citizens to riot, they might party in the streets, but not riot.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:46 AM
    link   
    a reply to: AMPTAH
    dang dude, this one really flew over your head didn't it? Like orbital satellites flying! It happened over two hundred years ago!
    I always took you for one of the critical thinkers.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:05 AM
    link   

Haha

This is a example of why people need to check there sources.

Herp derp

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:45 AM
    link   
    This belongs in the LOL category.

72 Killed Resisiting Gun Confiscation in Boston (1775)

us-infantry.com...

This is a retrospective posting from an anonymous source on Facebook. It attempts to make a comparison between modern politics and those that lead to the American Revolution, as well as taking a jab at the current state of our media. What are your thoughts?

The article states that the governor is Thomas Gage
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org...
    Governor of the Province of Massachusetts Bay
    In office
    13 May 1774 – 11 October 1775
    Preceded by Thomas Hutchinson
    Succeeded by None (John Hancock became Governor of Massachusetts in 1780)
    Personal details
    Born 1719 or early 1720[1]
    Firle, Sussex, Great Britain
    Died 2 April 1787 (aged 67–68)
    Portland Place, London, Great Britain

Military service
    Allegiance Great Britain

This OP belongs in the LOL bin.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:12 AM
    link   
    a reply to: CharlesT
    Honestly, I think it would fit better in Dissecting Disinformation, as the original author claims his intent was to point out how the media will use just a headline to manipulate the views of the readers and was the point he was trying to make.

Use disinformation to show people how easy they can fall for disinformation???

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:30 AM
    link   

Isn't this explaining how the American Revolution started?

April 20, 1775

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
    link   
    This is a great OP, it is a historical example that is hyper-relevant to today's times. Any attempts at confiscation would certainly have similar results today as it did in 1775.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
    link   
    for the 2018 midterm elections, Putin will have all the gullible trump voters seeing ads that read about democrats killing people, raping, stealing, confiscation of all your guns, etc... and the trump voters will believe it.....and....it'll be all over ATS.....

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
    link   
    Obama must be older than the hills.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
    link   
    a reply to: jimmyx

Why would it be "all over" even if "Putin" was a magical manipulator?

GOP already has the WH and both houses of congress. It doesn't get any worse for Dems. On the brightside, it can only get better for Dems from here on out (or stay the same I suppose)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join