It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nellis AFB ADAIR II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
www.airforcemag.com...

Basically a new Nellis Red Forces contract specification. This is Nellis AFB ADAIR II Solicitation Number: FA4861-18-R-C003 on fbo.gov.

In accordance with FAR 5.2 - Synopses of Proposed Contract Actions, the 99th Contracting Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base, NV, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Adversary Air Support (ADAIR) services for Nellis Air Force Base, 57th Adversary Tactics Group (57 ATG). ADAIR services are contemplated as non-commercial services and will be solicited for a competitive contract award. The purpose of ADAIR services is to support the 57 ATG with Red Air adversary aircraft in support of United States Air Force Warfare Center (USAFWC) training objectives. The Contractor will be required to furnish, operate, and maintain tactically-relevant aircraft for air-to-air tracking, targeting, and ADAIR operations. This includes associated equipment systems that interface with various platforms and ground force personnel. Tactical profiles may include, Beyond Visual Range (BVR) engagements, operational test support, dissimilar air combat maneuvers, offensive and defensive within visual range maneuvers, multi-aircraft tactics, merges, and flight. Minimum aircraft performance requirements are forthcoming.

Period of Performance and Magnitude: The maximum estimated programmed amount (potential price of all contract actions issued to the awardee) is not to exceed $280 million. The period of performance is contemplated for one (1) base year and four (4) option years. The clause 52.217-8 - Option to Extend Services, will be included in the solicitation, allowing up to 6 months of additional services beyond the potential five (5) year period of performance. Estimated flying hour requirements are between 4,500 flying hours and 5,600 flying hours per year, depending on the available budget and demand for ADAIR services.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Commercial Red Air companies have been buying everything they can get their hands on for the ADAIR program.
edit on 1/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for Draken. They recently bought a bunch of L-159's and Cheetah C fighters if my memory is serving me correctly.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JJRichey

ATAC is in a better position based on numbers. They bought 63 F1s from France.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JJRichey

ATAC is in a better position based on numbers. They bought 63 F1s from France.

I included the Air Force magazine article to highlight that there are other vendors beside Draken.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Interesting read in comments here in that greatest threat to fighter pilots today is by Anti Air assets..
Red Air

I can tell you air to air training is fun and can be realistic, but all the shoot downs in last wars have been from the ground. Kosovo, desert storm, most of Vietnam. Air Force still does very little training against those and what training they do isn't against double digits. I think the money could be better spent replicating advanced SAMs, especially against F35s since they'll be the ones tasked to take them out.

new topics

top topics

join