It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ibuprofen linked to male infertility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Wow. This just goes to show that drugs are not the end all, be all. If you have to tell your body to shut up with a pill, something is wrong. When you mask chronic pain with a pill, there is a price to pay. Now or later. Regardless, the bill comes due.

Hopefully it will come due for Big Pharna who pimps drugs as harmless and packages them as slick and easy. Maintenance drugs are never the answer.

unless you have hemophilia, or diabetes

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

My kids grandpa got Guillain-Barré became crippled and eventually died from the disease. He got it from the flu shot.
Yes he got it from the flu shot and it is even stated in the CDC that it is " In very rare cases, people have died of GBS"
www.cdc.gov...

Flu by itself can cause Guillain Barré, with a similar incidence as a flu vaccine. 1 in over a million.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Isn't it funny. Ibuprofen takes headaches away in more than one way.

Kids

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I never liked ibuprofen. My mrs always moans at me buying paracetamol and cocodamol and never having more than one pack of 'fen in the house. Gonna show her this thread to prove how right I can be

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Kalixi

I have a theory that a stressful event (such as getting a needle) can cause already Autistic children to become overwhelmed, have a meltdown and show clear signs of their disorder.

I’m not too sure babies are aware enough of their surroundings to be overwhelmed by a needle and subsequently triggered into visible autism.

Anyways...
This topic is interesting enough without it turning into another vaccine-autism debate just because of passing comment by the OP.

In the last year or so I’ve had a much increased intake of ibuprofen compared to the previous 29yrs of my life...
However I’ve suspected for a while longer than a year or so that I might already be infertile.

I’ve been meaning to get tested for a long time now, but the fact I do not even want to reproduce kinda stopped it being a priority. It’s just a curiosity thing really.

I'm starting to think that it might not be the vaccines, but the sheer number at one time. As a child in the 60's i got 1 maybe 2 vaccinations and the had at least a 3 month hiatus. now we have the MMR vaccine 3 vaccines in 1. and we have DPT another 3 in 1 vaccine. get both in a single visit, and your young immune system is fighting 6 pathogens at the same time. I think immune systems are simply overwhelmed by these new vaccination schedules

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

We had our doctor spread out our son's vaccine schedule for that reason. He was amenable to that.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Interesting. I know theres people out there that have to live by the stuff....

I used to take pretty high daily doses of Ibuprofen because I was in a motorcycle accident a while back and it worked pretty well to kill the pain and allow me to sleep without having to take anything a lot heavier like an opioid.

Unfortunately, Ibuprofen is terrible for your kidneys and I ended up with borderline Type 2 kidney disease. Never affected me any other ways, as far as I could tell. Fortunately for me, I live in a state where I have quasi-legal alternatives that bypass my kidneys and I'm doing fine these days.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sweet. Ill have to up my ibuprofen dose.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Wow. This just goes to show that drugs are not the end all, be all. If you have to tell your body to shut up with a pill, something is wrong. When you mask chronic pain with a pill, there is a price to pay. Now or later. Regardless, the bill comes due.

Hopefully it will come due for Big Pharna who pimps drugs as harmless and packages them as slick and easy. Maintenance drugs are never the answer.

I've taken 800 mg of Motrin, twice a day for over 40 years. Don't tell my children that it can cause fertility problems.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I never liked ibuprofen. My mrs always moans at me buying paracetamol and cocodamol and never having more than one pack of 'fen in the house. Gonna show her this thread to prove how right I can be

paracetamol is Tylenol (acetaminophen or APAP), and cocodamol is Tylenol with Codeine (Tylenol #3).

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Yeah, I don't like paracetamol, personally.

lol, I have my friends get me bottles of 500-1000 ibu when they go to the states.

They are safer than aspirin for your liver if you drink a lot. (not why I get so many) and they work for me.

Here they are $1.00 each pill.

Can't mix them if taking aspirin for medical necessity as I do. CV issues.

The doc prescribes me some ibu for pain and I end up with 6 200mgs from him!

"don't take them all at once!" WTF?

Nothing is good for long term use anyway.

NSAIDs

www.webmd.com...

Never use an over-the-counter NSAID for more than 10 days without checking with your doctor. Over-the-counter NSAIDs are effective pain relievers, but they are intended for short-term use. When taking NSAIDs for long periods of time, your doctor should closely follow how you’re doing so she can watch for side effects and change your treatment if needed.

Do They All Work the Same Way?
They all reduce pain and inflammation, but you might find that you get more relief from one NSAID over another, and some NSAIDs may have fewer side effects than others. The effect differs from person to person. Some NSAIDs also may be more convenient, since you only need to take them once or twice a day.

Fertility? I'm 63, not worried.

I have 1 daughter already.

edit on 1 13 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yeah i wish that, instead of taking opiates for years and becoming addicted, I would have spent that time strengthening my core, focusing on nutrition, and learning more about my condition. My magic pills had led me to think none of that was really necessary.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Interesting. I know theres people out there that have to live by the stuff....

I used to take pretty high daily doses of Ibuprofen because I was in a motorcycle accident a while back and it worked pretty well to kill the pain and allow me to sleep without having to take anything a lot heavier like an opioid.

Unfortunately, Ibuprofen is terrible for your kidneys and I ended up with borderline Type 2 kidney disease. Never affected me any other ways, as far as I could tell. Fortunately for me, I live in a state where I have quasi-legal alternatives that bypass my kidneys and I'm doing fine these days.

It can also cause stomach ulcers. A female family member was on a high dose for about a year.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

yup it smells like crap, very suspicious of some relevance and there are many various links to other theories about medical or pharma cover up about medicine or health in general...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join