It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ibuprofen linked to male infertility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
www.pnas.org...

wgntv.com...

I wonder if years from now they will show a link that Vaccines and Autism, or many other life altering events from over the counter and prescription drugs.

I am not an anti-vaxxer, however I am skeptical that all these "medicines" are safe. I worked for big pharma for many years. Me myself, I do not take any over the counter medicines.

My kids grandpa got Guillain-Barré became crippled and eventually died from the disease. He got it from the flu shot.
Yes he got it from the flu shot and it is even stated in the CDC that it is " In very rare cases, people have died of GBS"
www.cdc.gov...

Many years ago when my kids were born I refused to get my kids the flu shot (only the flu) and Doctors called me silly, crazy etc.
I said since they had close family that got GBS I did not feel comfortable with it. I never relented. Many many years later the Doctors all agree, even though it is not inherited, there may be a genetic predisposition. I find it quite amusing that in such a relatively short period doctors went from calling me silly to readily agreeing with me and listing it in medical files.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In my cursory glance through the study, they showed that treatment inhibited those factors, but there didn't seem to be any follow up to see whether or not ceasing treatment allowed recovery from inhibition.

In other words, most younger men taking ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory are going to be doing it temporarily and not long-term like someone taking it for something like arthritis would be. How does temporary treatment affect things and is there a recovery?

It looks to me like all they did was show that it has side-effects on your fertility while you take it.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I found it interesting that "analgesics exposure during fetal life is associated with antiandrogenic effects and congenital malformations" Population control perhaps?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The only one they let you take is Tylenol, and thanks to migraine, my neuro rationed me on that ... no more than three doses in a month ...

But you aren't supposed to touch any of the others.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting. I know theres people out there that have to live by the stuff....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There are no credible medical studies that link Autism and immunisations.

That being said, stressful situations can cause Autistic children (and adults) to become overstimulated and for some this means they start "stimming" and can appear more autistic. This can include rocking, head banging, becoming unaware of people calling their name or talking to them and flicking/flapping hands.

I have a theory that a stressful event (such as getting a needle) can cause already Autistic children to become overwhelmed, have a meltdown and show clear signs of their disorder. I believe these kids probably already show signs of the disorder but they can be very subtle. This is just my theory and something to ponder.

Interesting post OP. I believe there is a place for medicine in society; there are real and devastating disorders and chemical imbalances in the human body that need to be treated. I do however, believe that it starts with eating veg, fruit and meat, exercising and getting sleep. I also believe the medical establishment is broken and is victim to corporations making money from sick people.

edit on 8-1-2018 by Kalixi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow. This just goes to show that drugs are not the end all, be all. If you have to tell your body to shut up with a pill, something is wrong. When you mask chronic pain with a pill, there is a price to pay. Now or later. Regardless, the bill comes due.

Hopefully it will come due for Big Pharna who pimps drugs as harmless and packages them as slick and easy. Maintenance drugs are never the answer.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No wonder EPA has found it in municipal water supplies
across major US populations.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Right on!

hosted.ap.org...

Even if you aren't taking them, You are taking them!!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Damn I should have just taken ibuprofen instead of having that vasectomy.

Did the doctors really call you stupid for not giving your children a flu shot? That being the case I would be getting A new doctor, one that hasn't invested in flu shots for extra money, what a creep.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They sure did, and I was livid! I've had two doctors with the bedside manner of a cactus. They seriously tried to talk me into and change my mind. I did change doctors, but the consensus at the time was the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It is also interesting the military hands out ibuprofen like candy.

This is the first I have heard about this. I will have check into this.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Most athletic departments do too.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Seems like every time I turn around something is plummeting the male reproductive system.

That YouTube vid on about those four guys doing "man tests" was a shocking look at our future. 25 year old men with the testosterone and fertility of an 80 year old man. Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
For those of you reading this, please take what I have to say as a big lie. OK, this is what I want to say. Please do not give your children orange flavored bayer asperin, it may lead to on into childhood schizoprhrenia . The childs mind can not function with that type of asperin and that is why they have child proof lids on them today.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sounds to me lie it gets rid of two headaches at once.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I have a theory that a stressful event (such as getting a needle) can cause already Autistic children to become overwhelmed, have a meltdown and show clear signs of their disorder.

I’m not too sure babies are aware enough of their surroundings to be overwhelmed by a needle and subsequently triggered into visible autism.

Anyways...
This topic is interesting enough without it turning into another vaccine-autism debate just because of passing comment by the OP.

In the last year or so I’ve had a much increased intake of ibuprofen compared to the previous 29yrs of my life...
However I’ve suspected for a while longer than a year or so that I might already be infertile.

I’ve been meaning to get tested for a long time now, but the fact I do not even want to reproduce kinda stopped it being a priority. It’s just a curiosity thing really.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Those doctors likely had aspergers ,and as far as I know they are now screening medical students for it as they don't make great doctors.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It is possible, and I have noticed in the last 25-30 years doctors have much much improved their bedside manner. Most will listen and take time. Back then, it didn't matter if they were rude, you just lived with it because they were "the doctor".

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Uh, well, it's likely horrible and one of many horrid side effects we will discover about all the "harmless" chemicals we've been popping and spraying around ourselves since the mid-20th BUT, due to some impetuous actions as a youth, I gotta say, "THANK YOU Ibuprofen!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join