It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian army repels attack by 13 militant drones on its Syrian compounds - MoD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: worldstarcountry

[Its a fake story dude to prop up moral for the planes they lost on new years eve and the guys that were killed on base. How about you find anywhere the actual Ministry of Defense said any of this? I know you can never pass up an opportunity to basically call out the empire, but in this instance it is wrong.

But RT carried it.

What would be the point? They're not like fake western news, crying about every little 'terror' incident.

Edit: I see you're running interference on both threads. Link back to my post on other thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm assuming that's sarcasm. All RT do is criticize the west. Funny enough just like any western outlet would do to the ruskies. It's all tit for tat.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therewearethen

[Its a fake story dude to prop up moral for the planes they lost on new years eve and the guys that were killed on base. How about you find anywhere the actual Ministry of Defense said any of this? I know you can never pass up an opportunity to basically call out the empire, but in this instance it is wrong.

But RT carried it.

What would be the point? They're not like fake western news, crying about every little 'terror' incident.

Edit: I see you're running interference on both threads. Link back to my post on other thread...

I'm assuming that's sarcasm. All RT do is criticize the west. Funny enough just like any western outlet would do to the ruskies. It's all tit for tat.

Except... the Russians were invited, US wasn't.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therewearethen

But RT carried it.

Except... the Russians were invited, US wasn't.

Didn't say the were. Intact I haven't even mentioned the civil/proxy war. I was just making a point that RT (which is state owned) is just as bad as any other western news agency.

The west and Russia are still stuck in a cold war with their petty name calling and empty threats. And are both destabilising regions to suit their interests. The cold war never ended it's just calmed down. Now it's getting worse again.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings worldstarcountry; maybe it did happen then....

In today's world news doesn't necessarily "come out" the way we would normally think.

Facebook, and Tweeting... reaches a lot more people and quicker too, you think? Just a theory on my part...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker
No, I still don't think it happened, certainly not the way they are saying it. They cannot even provide the six drones they claimed to have hacked. They give us one wooden hobby plane that has already been seen all over the Syriaq battlefield and try to say a state sponsored technology was found?? My ass.

Damn near every militant group on all sides of the conflict have been employing similar drones for two years now. That headline was them just grabbing for a morale boost. Their base has been under attack frequently from mortar and artillery fire, and have lost some servicemen as a result.

I still say its just a fluff piece. Why would they say it on facebook, and not on their own website?? Because the military institutions have higher standards, and social media is expected to be full of BS.

Im sticking to outright false, or at the very best, extremely exaggerated half truths.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Looking at the manufacturing quality of these "Drones" used in the "attacks" against the Russian base it appears clear to me that there are a few "de-industrialized" countries that can provide design them and provide a Positioning System for it. That ought to be someone from the EU. Most probably : Italy, Germany France or the UK.

The idea that such drones could inflict significant damage on anything on the ground is a bit too much!
The british are still trying to get the S-400 to be shot at something in order to evaluate S-400 capabilities and SAMs capabilities in the area of Russian bases in Syria.

Obviously this is not going to happen, as even a ZPU from the 40s can easily get rid of these drones with a few rounds.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Therewearethen

Didn't say the were. Intact I haven't even mentioned the civil/proxy war. I was just making a point that RT (which is state owned) is just as bad as any other western news agency.

You should absorb as many sources as possible , other than the western main scream news outlets.

The MSM is full of nothing but s***.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You should absorb as many sources as possible , other than the western main scream news outlets.

The MSM is full of nothing but s***.

As I said I agree. But I'm just making a point that's it's not just the western news. It's like a couple of schoolkids arguing with each other on who has the bigger dad. I haven't said once that the MSM is true or unbiased in fact I said the opposite.

I know you have a grudge against the west from the posts you've made which I've seen for a while. But the west aren't the only bad guys. UK, usa, Russia and China all have their agendas. ( I only noted those four nations cause at this present point, they are the only major players interfering or playing a political chess game to suit their agendas)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I know you have a grudge against the west from the posts you've made which I've seen for a while.

Just the rogue militaristic deep state, not the "West", or the people.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
yea well MIC aint going nowhere. Best to just put up with it and continue to reap the benefits. MIC is the same model every civi is based on since we started gathering our tribes together and forming cities. Just feel lucky enough that you are part of the biggest and baddest. it does not negate the fact that all others are structured on the same model whether they serve us, fight us, or work together with us.

Would you rather be part the one whos homes are routinely turned to dust, or live comfortably as a result of turning others to dust?? Its all binary you know. There really is not a middle. Allegedly neutral states can only be so because of the protection of the big dog and the knowledge that those who step up will get bit.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Would you rather be part the one whos homes are routinely turned to dust, or live comfortably as a result of turning others to dust??

That attitude is why the Allies razed cities in Japan and Germany during WWII.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
yes, yes it is exactly. Guess what, it will never go away, EVER Because as long as we think freely, people will disagree, and we disagree with force. Even after we nuke the planet and what is left of humanity as small groups of nomads have to travel the world feeding on scraps of mutated vegetation and skeletal animals, with the knowledge passing down of how we came to this, it will still be the same.
Its time that you have to get over that fact. It makes living easier.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Its time that you have to get over that fact. It makes living easier.

Did you just say, "Destroying the planet makes things easier" ?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
No I did not. I actually said getting over the fact that we will always destroy each other will make living easier, since we were discussing human behavior as a deviation from the MIC. But if you want to move the goal posts to destroying the planet, you harm it everyday, and your life is easier as a result. Power consumption, driving a car are but only two examples. I could fill the page, but we both know that is not necessary.

You could detonate every single nuke on Earth tomorrow, the Earth will still be here. A testament to just how insignificant we really are right, that our most powerful weapons ever created as mini sun's are still only literally scratching the surface of the planet and nothing more. All those buried minerals, decomposed carbon, and bacteria would still be dwelling underneath, ready to start over again after a million years.

Your going to be miserable until the day you accept the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I actually said getting over the fact that we will always destroy each other will make living easier

You keep justifying it,

I'll keep disagreeing with you.

Thats the whole point isn't it, to be set against one another to cause more strife, death and destruction?

Because after all, 'thats the way of the world'.

Bah...

I'm not destroying anyone or consuming much, either.

In fact, I recycle what others throw away.

If theres a war, pollution, destruction of the environment, thats what I stand against Instead of going meh, s*** happens.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No the point is all you ever seem to bring to a discussion is "evil empire is evil" in one way or another. Like if people are not already aware of what goes on in the world. We are adults, we know, and we don't care. Some just feign disgust lke yourself, and keep on living the life made possible by that same evil as if you have zero part to play in it. Its old.

I hope we do invade more countries this year, just to see you become more bitter.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

No the point is all you ever seem to bring to a discussion is "evil empire is evil" in one way or another.

Thats what you say.

You're the one keeps asserting that 'everyone does it...'

(mind meld yourself) I'm done with this.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Moscow putting in a second S400 division into Crimea. US troops staying in NE Syria. Israel constantly attacking Hezbollah and Iranian sites in Syria. Russia bases in Syria under attack from drones. Little Kim suddenly goes peaceful with the south Koreans as if stepping out of the way just in time to avoid something. Iran nuclear deal on the edge as of tomorrow. Israel nearly surrounded in north by enemies (almost) now on its border.

Is it actually going to kick off proper style any day now?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ill wager $50 that the drones are made in the USA...

I'll bet $50 it was Russian. Why do you think they were able to hack them and take control so quickly?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ill wager $50 that the drones are made in the USA...

I'll bet $50 it was Russian. Why do you think they were able to hack them and take control so quickly?

This was a US and Turkish test of Russian capability to cope with drone swarms.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join