It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian army repels attack by 13 militant drones on its Syrian compounds - MoD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

a reply to: Gothmog

Yo Gothmog; still laughing here....dark humour is therapeutic.

Pravdaseeker

I have my days

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

[Its a fake story dude to prop up moral for the planes they lost on new years eve and the guys that were killed on base. How about you find anywhere the actual Ministry of Defense said any of this? I know you can never pass up an opportunity to basically call out the empire, but in this instance it is wrong.

But RT carried it.

What would be the point? They're not like fake western news, crying about every little 'terror' incident.

Edit: I see you're running interference on both threads. Link back to my post on other thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-1-2018 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
OK yea I am believing more and more that this was a fluff PR piece to boost morale. This base has been under unrelenting attack for a month now, and allegedly several craft were destroyed in the December 31, which the Ministry denied. But they do acknowledge they have been under sustained attack for the last few weeks and that two servicemen died in the New Years eve attack.

Funny, I always ask people to show me an example of RT putting out fake news, and they have never been able to find one. Now it seems I have found what I always asked for. I believe this is fake news from the Ministry as a way to try and boost morale for their constant attacks and losses over the last month.

LOL so I guess you missed the PHOTOSHOP image of a SU-25 frogfoot shooting down that airliner in ukraine right?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
I guess I did. Nail in the coffin for me as far as RT goes. I am sorry I used to defend them.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Maybe its not the drone that is sofisticated but the triggersystem it used to set of the charges.

There is actually a image of one of these downed by AK fire from the Syrian army.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66
And I have seen video of ISIS literally manufacturing their own ATGM and remote controlled machine guns. The knowledge to produce these things is becoming ever so common on the internet for those who know where to look.

I suppose if that row of shells somehow were attached to one single drone, it could mean something. Do you see mounting brackets for those shells on that thing?? They have been dropping 40mm shells from DJI Phantoms for two years. The only way those shells were attached to these drones is through a very simple release mechanism that would not be dissimilar to the DJI drone bombs. Hardly the sophistication of a state sponsor.

Of course, that is assuming this alleged attack ever even happened. Those are not the kind of shells one launches with any kind of targeting or guidance in mind. There is no propulsion. You either launch them from a tube on the ground at the right angle, or drop them with a simple release switch from your home consumer drone or RC plane.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I was Russia, and that happened, I would only show one or 2, and the others I would be taking apart and seeing what all I could find out. Then once that happened, it would be then on how to counter such.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Maybe its not the drone that is sofisticated but the triggersystem it used to set of the charges.

The manufactured mortar like rounds strapped to the wings are point initiating, mechanically detonated on impact. The safety pins have been removed from the nose fuses. See the little holes? 'Looks like' they can be dropped individually, all at once, or just crash the drone into a hi value target.

Better image of drone bomblets

Improvised drone weapons

edit on 8-1-2018 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2018 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Ok, so the Ministry of Defense has a facebook page. And since I am not a a crybaby loser, I will retract my statement that they never mentioned anything about this attack, even though it has yet to be posted on their official website.
a reply to: Russian Propaganda Yes, RT, I know you have been reading this thread and updating your post accordingly. Which is why your now claiming Maj. Adrian Rankin-Galloway talked to Sputnik that these devices are available on the open market so suddenly after you been called on it right here on ATS.
Maybe I should send him an email just to be certain sputnik did not make that up either

better yet, I'll get with my SIGINT guy in town and find out for sure.
Not to mention your timestamp on sputnik article follows closely with this thread and so does your new RT article referencing it. I can see your lies unfold in real time.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

ill wager $50 that the drones are made in the USA...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

ill wager $50 that the drones are made in the USA...

I have a pay pal account. PM me for the details.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Even in this case, which is a pathetic one , quite frankly ... The EU won't manage to saw conflict between Russia and the US. Rather the EU will soon receive its deserved retribution.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Its not what it is about.

These drone flew from at least 50km and droped their ordinace onto targets...."russian jets". On their first run. You know what kind of accurarcy that takes when it comes to GPS? There are no cameras on these UAVs.

These bombs were not droped by chance....but by a Advanced trigger.

These UAVs had to know exactly where to drope the bombs on its own since there were no camera for the pilot to make the release.

Some of these UAVs were ramers. That basically means a guide missile/bomb. You do know what accuracy that takes be successfull?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There are no cameras on these UAVs.

dinna read link about improvised drone weapons, obviously...

Up the page^^^

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Up the page^^^

Yes, but non of the drones had camera. I gues you have to believe the media. You have no other Choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Up the page^^^

Yes, but non of the drones had camera.

Yes, "but" their drones have cameras.

Are you willfully blind or just agenda driven?

improvised drone weapons

edit on 9-1-2018 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Considering it was so poorly executed, it was probably the Saudis...they've got the money and the war toys, but it's like a five year old trying to build a quantum computer to them...unless they're slaughtering the poorest, most ill equipped, starving people in the M.E., they are pretty much outmatched by just about anyone else, and certainly the Russians.

Any Saudi Princes unaccounted for...there's probably at least one roaming about Syria with a radio control in his back pocket.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Up the page^^^

Yes, but non of the drones had camera. I gues you have to believe the media. You have no other Choice.

The once who attack the airbase had no camera.

You can believe what narative you want. That is you Choice.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Up the page^^^

Show me.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Up the page^^^

You can believe what narative you want. That is you Choice.

The russians prolly took the cameras for data investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join