It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper talks about his UFO encounters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
There've been a few Astronauts who've seen UFOs

www.syti.net...

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "There are a number of astronauts who anonymous strangers on UFO blogs SAY have encountered UFOs in space but nobody's really checked up on it...."

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Kalixi

Ken Johnston - Boeing engineer, test pilot for Grumman Aerospace, and NASA employee, working as the chief Lunar Module test pilot at the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston. He said - “While Neil and Buzz were on the Lunar surface, Neil switched to the medical channel, and spoke directly with the chief medical officer saying, they’re here, they’re parked on the side of the crater, they’re watching us.” - Link

Completely untrue. Johnston is a fraud who has massively overstated his involvement with NASA.
edit on 8/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Rather than looking at a single interview with Cooper, and then accepting a debunk as reason to "put your feet up" and forget about the whole thing, I cant help but feel like one should be considering the entirety of UFO evidence and anecdotes, including those that are pre 20th century.

I dont unserstand why this is so hard for some to recognize as the way to go about it. Could be because that way of observation would shatter their biases towards reality, and/or fear of e.t.intelligence.

CreationBro, with all due respect I am so sick of reading this explanation- "you don't believe what I believe (that ETs are real) because your view of reality is too narrow and you're afraid."

Have you considered that maybe some folks aren't fully sold in the ET idea because of exactly what you said we should do, which is to consider the entirety of UFO evidence and anecdotes?

I am on the fence- I don't know if they exist or if they don't. But I do know that from considering all of the evidence and antecdotea that ive looked at SO FAR (meaning I will keep looking), I do know FOR SURE that their existence has NOT been proven.

If anything, when I look at the big picture, there is evidence that our governments and folks in power have been trying to manipulate us into believing in the UFO phenomenon/aliens. There is MUCH more evidence of that than there is of ETs.

I'm not afraid to have my view of reality changed. I just haven't seen compelling evidence yet that tells me my view of reality should change regarding this topic.
edit on 8-1-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
There've been a few Astronauts who've seen UFOs

Major Gordon Cooper
Donald Slayton
Robert White
Joseph A. Walker
Eugene Cernan
Ed White & James McDivitt
James Lovell and Frank Borman
Neil Armstrong & Edwin Aldrin

www.syti.net...

I bet every one of the ISS Crew has seen UFO's on many occasions. They're in space much much longer than the hero astronauts of the past.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: CreationBro

Well, looking at the entirety of the phenomenon isn't a very accurate or precise modality. One has argued that the fact the newly every culture throughout history has had some belief in a god or gods should be proof enough that there is in fact a god, but there isn't actually any concrete evidence. Like it or not, concrete and repeatable evidence is how science advances.

I'm a believer, but I see that for anything to actually shift with the so called disclosure movement, there NEEDS to be concrete, irrefutable evidence or there will always be those who can debunk or delegitimize the claims.

So, you're saying that we should look at only one slice of pie to determine if the whole pie has or has not a certain bacteria?

That is essentially what you're saying, by claiming that looking at the entire scope of the UFO phenomenon isnt an accurate or precise modality.

I would argue quite the opposite, as each instance and case should be observed and critically analyzed, but if you only see the individual pieces, let alone just a few pieces and not the whole puzzle, you arent seeing the picture.

ps: repeated evidence is much trickier when the thing you are observing is a sentient, intelligent (and likely more intelligent) creature than you, along with their vehicles.

It is exactly comparable to humans being more sneaky and intelligent than deer or other animals that we hunt or try to elude.

We're dealing with very aware e.t.'s, not mentos and diet coke.
edit on 8-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Rather than looking at a single interview with Cooper, and then accepting a debunk as reason to "put your feet up" and forget about the whole thing, I cant help but feel like one should be considering the entirety of UFO evidence and anecdotes, including those that are pre 20th century.

I dont unserstand why this is so hard for some to recognize as the way to go about it. Could be because that way of observation would shatter their biases towards reality, and/or fear of e.t.intelligence.

CreationBro, with all due respect I am so sick of reading this explanation- "you don't believe what I believe (that ETs are real) because your view of reality is too narrow and you're afraid."

Have you considered that maybe some folks aren't fully sold in the ET idea because of exactly what you said we should do, which is to consider the entirety of UFO evidence and anecdotes?

I am on the fence- I don't know if they exist or if they don't. But I do know that from considering all of the evidence and antecdotea that ive looked at SO FAR (meaning I will keep looking), I do know FOR SURE that their existence has NOT been proven.

If anything, when I look at the big picture, there is evidence that our governments and folks in power have been trying to manipulate us into believing in the UFO phenomenon/aliens. There is MUCH more evidence of that than there is of ETs.

I'm not afraid to have my view of reality changed. I just haven't seen compelling evidence yet that tells me my view of reality should change regarding this topic.

How many things in this world do you accept or believe without having a shred of evidence for? That is a rhetorical questIon.

Im sick of the fact that tons of people have suffered at the hands of folks who socially ridicule and lambast people for trying to speak about the reality of e.t. out there and here, what has gone on, is going on, and the very real cover up surrounding it all.

Color me livid for being angry at people, their ignorance, and how that ignorance turned into destroying good people's lives...

If you actually have looked at a great deal of the UFO, other wordly, "heavenly" related things throughout history, and still think there is no evidence for such conclusions, then i think its safe to say that this whole phenomenon has a much deeper psychological aspect where people, for whatever reasons, religion, social conditioning in general, or other wise, override the persons ability to make accurate associations and draw intuitive AND rational conclusions regarding e.t. intellligence.

With all due respect.

ps: clearly you have not looked that hard for UFO and other worldly related evidence if you think that alien presence is a government manufactured thing like project bluebeam.

Conpletely ridiculous and insulting to all of the people i know who have worked or work in the military, nasa, gov. etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Truth be told Edwards Afb some strange things have and are going on there,in the 80's we did quite a lot of construction there,and in hearing story's from sub contractors doing construction on the base,and I'm pretty sure may be an underground roadway to area 51,Cheyenne mountain,we saw some crazy things at night and during day there

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I didn't say I thought this was all "Project bluebeam." If you'll notice, I didn't say word one about that.

But no matter- you're right, you've got it all figured out, and people like me who are on the fence but will keep looking are wrong, and we are awful, ignorant and frightened people, who have no ability to look into things and think clearly.

So that's all settled. Thank you for showing me the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

ps: clearly you have not looked that hard for UFO and other worldly related evidence if you think that alien presence is a government manufactured thing like project bluebeam.

Conpletely ridiculous and insulting to all of the people i know who have worked or work in the military, nasa, gov. etc.

Out of curiosity, who do you know who worked at NASA who told you of the ET UFO reality?
edit on 8-1-2018 by JimOberg because: grammar

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I bet every one of the ISS Crew has seen UFO's on many occasions. They're in space much much longer than the hero astronauts of the past.

I'll take that bet. What odds, stakes, and judging do you propose?
Do you count eyewitness testimony as evidence, or do
you stipulate that they're all being forced to lie,
so when they say 'NO' it actually proves there IS a coverup?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

we saw some crazy things at night and during day there

Go on...................... You just can't stop there

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Lost interest pretty quickly in defending Gordon Cooper's later-in-life storytelling, eh?

ELABORATE

Cooper got involved in all sorts of weird projects once he didn't get the moon flight he expected as his right [bluntly, he washed out of training],. and was eased out of NASA - but still enjoyed TV gigs. He became spokesman for a company selling magic engines that turned air into fuel [until it was shut down by the Federal Trade Commission]. He claimed he saved the shuttle program from a lethal design flaw by relaying a telepathic warning from space aliens. He naively flacked for several bogus aviation investment schemes that cost his friends and others who trusted him millions of dollars -- and lost his own savings in them, too. He described his Gemini-5 capsule getting hammered by a meteor storm that nobody back on Earth found even a scratch from -- and he claimed to have taken photos from space on which you could read license plates [the pictures showed nothing smaller than city blocks]. He told the story of how he had used a top-secret Soviet missile silo detector on his Mercury-9 flight that also picked up signs of sunken treasure ships in the Caribbean, and he kept a personal log of the exact latitude/longitude of each wreck for later hunting privately. He described visiting the workshop of a Utah rancher who had built a working model of a UFO engine and described how he flew the model around a barn with a remote control unit even though according to another witness the model never moved. He packed a travel bag and his camera when he was promised a space ride on an alien craft, but then claimed it was cancelled because of an extraterrestrial political spat. Are ANY of these stories remotely credible? Can’t we honor the guy for his glory days, at his peak, and compassionately pass over his declining years instead of exploiting his Parkinson-induced mental challenges?
edit on 8-1-2018 by JimOberg because: add elaboration

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Mr. Oberg, so out of curiosity, do you believe there is other intelligent life out in the cosmos? If you do, do you think there is a chance that some of it may have visited us?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Mr. Oberg, so out of curiosity, do you believe there is other intelligent life out in the cosmos? If you do, do you think there is a chance that some of it may have visited us?

I know of no compelling argument against its existence, or even against its local presence at any level of detectability it chooses.

The real issue is -- are these stories explainable ONLY by ETI activity. I leave the arguments over aircraft instrumentation performance to those experts and focus on what I'm intimately familiar with, spaceflight operations.

Spaceflight is a 'logical' arena for encountering indications of other spacefarers, so that hypothesis is always a going-in candidate for anomalous observations. So far, in no case has it ever been remotely near the top of any list of prosaic explanations -- but that's no excuse for ruling it out in advance.
edit on 8-1-2018 by JimOberg because: adds

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

if we looked at each part of a modern automobile individually we could easily debunk the claims that automobiles can move.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

delete
edit on 8-1-2018 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

And we could recognize each component as a product of terrestrial technology. What's your point?
edit on 8-1-2018 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I didn't say I thought this was all "Project bluebeam." If you'll notice, I didn't say word one about that.

But no matter- you're right, you've got it all figured out, and people like me who are on the fence but will keep looking are wrong, and we are awful, ignorant and frightened people, who have no ability to look into things and think clearly.

So that's all settled. Thank you for showing me the way.

I get that your response was sarcastic in nature, and i understand why.

I apologize then, for instigating such a response. I am close to the subject on many levels and it has left a lot of "feelings," not that it's an excuse to become so spiney, for which I do again apologize, as I felt bad for being so harsh in my last reply.

I did not mean to make you feel guilty or blame you in the slightest. You actually seem quite reasonable and kind enough to hear people out.

I honestly, simply, encourage you in your endeavor towards safe and sound knowledge regarding these things.

edit on 9-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Lost interest pretty quickly in defending Gordon Cooper's later-in-life storytelling, eh?

ELABORATE

Eh? I was just hoping for a bit of insight on motherships or orbs etc. Did we get our wires crossed Jim?

edit on 9-1-2018 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

a reply to: The GUT

His debunking days are over !

But, norah, Jim has personal and professional knowledge as regards Gordon Cooper and I can't find much fault with Jim's conclusions on this one.

We don't want to just blindly believe anything do we? We need to know when we are barking up the wrong trees so we can look for better ones.

I was just half joking. What I meant is that now that the US government *wants* a disclosure, they won't have to pay him anymore to debunk things.

----

Also regarding G. Cooper - my observation is that with people who have used their minds intensely enough throughout their lifetime (continue to use their minds), and it does not degrade so much with age like mentally weak or mentally lazy people. Also, accomplished people tend not to look for attention by saying stupid things or pulling hoaxes. I am sure his selection as an astronaut required some serious requirements in intelligence and mental abilities.

The government WANTS US TO BELIEVE IN UFO's. It has NO interest in "disclosure".
Oh sure, some true believers who happen to work for the government want to prove "UFOs".

The question at this heart of this.. is why?

why does the government want us to believe in something which doesn't exist (in the commonly held
sense at least).

That's the big question that a lot of us researchers discuss, whenever we can.

there are various hypothesis.. but nothing concrete yet.

IMHO

Kev

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join