It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desert Islamd Games - Your Top 5 List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok, please ignore the gaping holes in logic, but if you were stranded for the rest of your life on a desert island and you only had 5 games to play, which would they be? It can be any system, console etc, but remember, what you may consider a fantastic game may not necessarily be the game you feel you could go back to and play over and over throughout the years...

It is hard to make a definitive list as I think my choices may vary slightly from time to time, but my list would probably be:

Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 7
Bubble Bobble
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Jet Set Willy 2

Note that this pretty much a retro list. I made my choices largely on nostalgia, I admit - I have great memories of these and they brought me a lot of comfort. Having said that, I have played many of these over and over again, and I may need a break sometimes, but I always want to go back to them. Uncharted, Tomb Raider, GTA San Andreas and so on missed out, but the limit is 5 games.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hmmm,

I will assume that I can consider a trilogy as one game for the purposes of complete story in this:

1. XCOM 2 - if I can keep my mods
2. Civ V - I think if I can keep my mods
3. Mass Effect trilogy - for story completeness you need all 3
4. The Sims 3 + expansions - with the necessary mods to make it work right
5. Age of Wonders III

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, you seem to be getting more for your money here....
So could I include all Mario games as one choice?
Hahahaha, anyway, I am not familiar with some of those games, I need to have a look.a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

Very interesting choices but why FF7 instead of FF8? I know all the fan boys will blast me for that but cmon, 8 has soooo much more depth to it. Just a better game all around.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Age of Wonders III was more or less a throwaway choice. I didn't have anything to really stick in the last slot.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If I may give a good choice for you to consider, Pax Imperia Is a great choice to add to a doomsday shelter. If you have not played or even heard of it then please give it a YouTube watch and enjoy all the hours that you will loose in it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Allaroundyou, The only Ffs I have played are 7 & 8, and I did enjoy 8, but I preferred material to draw and just loved the story in 7. One great moment in 8 was where the song, Eyes on You played in the space scene - a lot of emotional impact and the first proper song I had heard in a game.
a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks, I will do that!a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Dead Island Definitive Editions 1 and 2
What could be more appropriate ?

edit on 1/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

GTA, the newest one out when I get stranded with somehow all the mods that will ever come out for it, on a high end gaming PC.

Sins of a solar empire with all mods.

Risk, with all alternate versions and expansions, as well as extra pieces for each set, tabletop versions with a large table.

A pool table, extra everything.

Minecraft, all mods ever made for it. + all recipe guides.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That's a tough decision. There's just too many games I could play for days on end. I really had to think about some of these.

Twisted Metal 4. I was about to say Twisted Metal 3 as it is my favorite in the series, but I think 4 would have more replayability since it has more levels and vehicles.

Gran Turismo 2. The newer games have more vehicles, more courses, better graphics, etc; I don't like anything that came after GT4 and GT2 has the most nostalgia for me. Even GT4 has little things that got on my nerves and I didn't like, but I love everything about GT2.

The Sims 3 + my current expansions and mods. Mods are mostly to, as ketsuko so lovingly put it, make it work right.

Fallout: New Vegas with all DLC. I love that game and all the DLC, all the choices you can make. I've never played it with mods. I have never felt the need to mod it. I just love it. Fallout 4 was a big disappointment to me.

Civilization V (with or without DLC and mods). I always play it on marathon speed and it takes me forever to finish a game anyway. I loved the base game. Some of the changes from the DLCs I don't like and I usually use mods to change them back, but they still add a more interesting aspect to the game overall.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just five ?

Let me see..

5.Assassin's Creed Black Flag
4.GTA 5
3.Far Cry Primal
2.The Sims 3
and probably the best game ever made in my opinion
1.The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt with Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone expansions

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Not in any order....

Diablo II (Still Playing it)
Battlefield 3
World of Warcraft
Red Dead Redmeption
Skyrim

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

1602 AD
Zelda, Breath of the Wild
SkyRim
Final Fantasy Tactics
Rainbow Six 3 (w/mods)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
DOOM(2016)
Tribes 2(haven't played any newer yet, so 2 it is)

top topics

join