It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well to make you laugh.

TDL just posted on Facebook the Billy Meier flying hubcaps forced perspective as a UFO.

lol

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Laugh or cry!

Or laugh so hard that you roll around on the floor, holding your sides,
then crying!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

Interesting line of inquiry as regards DeLonge Sr. and kudos to you for thinking to pursue it.
Funny that you should mention McGowan and "Weird Scenes" as that has crossed my mind in connection with this too. I don't know exactly why it has, but it has.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

This will really make you laugh then, Zazz: I've never totally written Meir off. Don't get me wrong, he faked a bunch of stuff but he also fits the "Trickster" model and there was some IC funny business going on around all that. Wherever popular mythology and high-strangeness cross paths, the IC always seems close by.

If the "antenna" concept has any validity, imo Meir probably had one.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

This will really make you laugh then, Zazz: I've never totally written Meir off. Don't get me wrong, he faked a bunch of stuff but he also fits the "Trickster" model and there was some IC funny business going on around all that. Wherever popular mythology and high-strangeness cross paths, the IC always seems close by.

A lot of people who research 'antenna's' would probably concur with me on this---
most people with 'antenna' turn out to be useful idiots.. possibly for the MiC,
but also for the actual 'Phenomenon'... when the 'Phenomenon' 'wants something',
then 'things work'. But when the 'Phenomenon' doesn't 'want something' then
they don't.

but the poor deluded souls who think that they can do 'this or that' on command
find out it doesn't work that way.. so they tend to fake things.. to cover for this
embarrassing truth.

(I've had my own wakeup calls as you know...)

I concur that any of these 'cosmic trickster cases' may well fit this profile.

Or they are just pure frauds or purely manipulated. It varies on a case by
case basis.

Kev
edit on 15-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Giggling slightly, but not laughing.

I am intrigued!

Tell me more.
Break down each point for me if if you can be arsed to. ( I know it's a bit much to ask!)
I can't get passed the Dinosaur kids book, toy laser gun and hub caps, but I think I know where you are going with this!

edit on 15-10-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Didn't Meier also claim to have some mysterious metals that came off a Pleiadian spaceship.

Cue Zondo's European Vacation Business Trip documentary.

A real clash of beards.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Oh my, it's been so long since I've looked at it I couldn't do a breakdown. In addition I admit it comes down to a lot of "feelz" on my part, although there were some items in the Meir mythology that I thought might suggest high strangeness, I just can't remember what they were.

At one time I was going to do a thread on it, but the obvious fakes provided too much of a burden to try to overcome.

Plus, I'm still straddling the fence on whether depth psychology can explain high strangeness or whether high strangeness does have a basis in the theory that we do sometimes encounter non-human intelligences.

Have you by chance tackled The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hansen?

I say "tackled" because it is a challenging read, however I feel it provides a fresh and quite intelligent overlay in pondering our greatest of mysteries: Are we alone?

So very glad you are still around and adding quality to our conversations here at ATS. Hugs.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You are sooo bad MM.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Referring to Cameron now saying the experiencers are the key.
After his “download” experience he has expressed his opinion that these experiencers are the most vital aspect of this phenomenon.

I agree that is important but wouldn’t want to make an elite class out of this group that may indulge more cultism in the process.

I do think his ideas regarding consciousness are good, though a bit still underdeveloped.

He obviously has left the ET faction and has gone over to the ID or paraphysical doctrine.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree.

I guess, that originally things were like this:

"space is really BIG --- so aliens must be out there somewhere.. so that
explains everything".

now its:

"lets call it the phenomenon, and link it to consciousness.. that's even
BIGGER, so that explains everything".

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Interestingly, many of the earlier researchers were convinced the ET faction is wrong and that there’s no or little evidence the phenomenon is related to light-years away civilizations.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Interestingly, many of the earlier researchers were convinced the ET faction is wrong and that there’s no or little evidence the phenomenon is related to light-years away civilizations.

This is certainly true..

Maybe the CIA got tired of having to spend big $$ on faking
UFO events, so some guy got a promotion coming up with
the idea that "consciousness" was much cheaper from
an operational perspective.

That said.. I'm not saying there isn't some truth to
'consciousness'... but we seldom see 'unvarnished truth'
in our modern world.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

You bring up an interesting perspective…

I read that book about Laurel Canyon... Interesting ideas regarding the relationship of the entertainment class, military, and the IC.

There’s no doubt they have been doing major social engineering using the entertainment class on us.

I think this can be related to a book GUT talked about in another thread; that is the book by Daniel Estulin on the Tavistock Institute out of England, and the social engineering of various cults and causes. Who is the American Tavistock Institute?

This is pertinent to the idea that the IC has done a lot of social engineering of many ET and UFOlogical groups.

It would be an interesting study of what the government IC community would want to elicit out of the social engineering within UFOlogy.

Of course, someone can just ask them but I doubt they would tell us anything.

What is the IC community pushing exactly within UFOlogy and for what reasons?

TTSA and what they do may be very revealing along these lines.

edit on 15-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hanson is da man! He literally just agreed to do a podcast with me....lol trickster at play here today or what? How extraordinary you mentioned that here!

I absolutely get how you could present the trickster case with Billy, but I don't think he manifested phenomena, I think he hoaxed all of it. It's a possible explanation for Billy, but I suspect he was just a loony con. I also doubt TDL made THAT stretch or connection with his Meier post

The Trickster imo isn't an 'entity' like the myths (or truths) about Enky, Lucifer or loki imply. Possibly, it's more of a 'process' or 'phenomenon' that's always been part of the 'human condition' responding to OR wedded to archetypes.
The property of the phenomena or “principality” as Abrahamic religions might call it, is transient and it does seem to respond to the expectation and beliefs of people involved.

Hanson says it destabilizes and marginalizes. I agree the Trickster is not just tricks, deception, hoaxing and delusions, it also manifests during opportunities of instability.
How many paranormal and UFOlogists (and now the latest trickster playground the phenomena of the 'political junkies') have kept their critical judgement?

In all,
Objectivity with Meier or the Trickster is nearly impossible.
edit on 15-10-2018 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Have you ever pondered, that the right hemisphere of the brain
might feel a bit cranky and marginalized in western culture, and
might have some involvement, in some manner, with the
'trickster' Or if that is too hemisphere specific, perhaps just the
irrational depths of the human mind in general...

"Breakdown of the bicameral mind" still entices me ya know.

It certainly seems to me, that the 'trickster' will do anything it
can, to defeat logic and science.

BTW.. would love to hear your podcast.. I don't know how
to find it.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I came across this good link:

Why do so many of the world's UFO sightings happen in America?

I agree that 'ufos' are cultural. Other cultures are
more likely to see faeries, sky dragons, ghosts of
ancestors, etc.
edit on 15-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Have you ever pondered, that the right hemisphere of the brain might feel a bit cranky and marginalized in western culture, and might have some involvement, in some manner, with the 'trickster' Or if that is too hemisphere specific, perhaps just the irrational depths of the human mind in general...

Like all good tabloid science stories it comes and goes and ebbs and flows.
But I guess the the truth is that nobody knows.

There are differences between the hemispheres though, right? Yes. You might not have a more dominant half, but your brain really is split into two hemispheres, left and right. And the left and right hemispheres are not the same. They are highly similar and redundant, though. Most processes that you'd find on the left side also take place on the right, and vice-versa.

Researchers are still working to understand the full extent of the differences between the two hemispheres, and between people with different kinds of a asymmetries in their brains. But the idea of right-brained and left-brained people? That's a myth.

See : www.livescience.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh I knew that.. but that's why I said "alternatively".

The concept is still valid..

that the 'non-rational parts of our brains' might dislike
getting stepped on by the 'rational parts'.

Kev

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have no real proof, this is just a theory but I'm starting to think that this whole TTSA project was influenced by the video game "Star Citizen" as for expectation of their crowdsourcing attempt, and that Delonge's team ended up failing miserably.

For anyone who has no idea about the game, well... this game, called Star Citizen was announced in 2012 and has since raised over $180m through crowdsourcing as of may 2018. That's a whole lot of money for a project that is strangely similar to the idea of ​​spacecrafts and traveling through the stars but in virtual universe, as opposed to TTSA's idea of doing all this but in our human reality.

Looks like this game is in development hell btw and people are starting to think that it'll never fully complete but that doesn't seem to stop people from pouring money into their project.

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join