It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLong’s To the Stars NICAP and COLD WAR II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
LINK

The National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) was formed in 1956, flourished through about 1970, and declined gradually thereafter

Interestingly, the new organization TTS started by Tom Delong recently at the end of 2017, is very similar to the well-known UFO group called NICAP that started in 1956, at the heating up of the cold war. This group, NICAP, like TTS had a load of ex-military and CIA officers inside it, such as the first CIA director, Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter and originally had very ambitious goals similar to Delong’s present organization.

Although well intended, the organizers' plans were so grandiose and unrealistic that they were scrapped and Major Keyhoe was elected Director to implement more realistic plans early the following year.

Interestingly, as noted above, NICAP, according to one of its founders had its heyday from 1958 to 1968-9.

What I call "the real NICAP" was headed by Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe starting in 1957, and I became his assistant in 1958. For approximately 12 years, NICAP was a large and very effective UFO organization. This is the NICAP that accomplished a lot against great odds, as I will explain.

What is interesting in the date of the decline of NICAP, is that this coincides with the date many historians say was the start of the famous DENTENTE between the US and USSR, when the tensions between both powers was relaxed considerably. In-fact Richard Nixon who came to office in 1969 was the number one proponent of DENTENTE…

In practical terms, détente led to formal agreements on arms control and the security of Europe. A clear sign that a détente was emerging was found in the signing of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty in 1968.

Exactly around the time of the decline of NICAP.

Détente and Arms Control, 1969–1979
history.state.gov...

Though historians generally say the cold war ended at the demise of the Soviet Union in 1991, many connect this period 1968-9 as the real beginning of the end of the COLD WAR.

Okay, let’s come to today’s world where, strangely enough, the cold war restarted just at about the same time of the advent of the UFO enthusiast and ex-famed rock musician Tom Delong's interest in UFO'S.

COLD WAR II

LINK

This is akin to the original Cold War that saw a global confrontation between the Western Bloc led by the United States and the Eastern Bloc led by the Soviet Union, Russia's predecessor state. American political scientist Robert Legvold posits that the "new Cold War began the moment we went over the cliff, and that happened with the Ukraine crisis."[11][12] Others, such as Andrew C. Kuchins in 2016,

Actually, we know that COLD WAR II started long before the Ukraine crises and was upgraded considerably when Russia allied and saved Syria from destruction in September of 2015, by entering that civil war on the side of Assad, to the utter consternation of the US!

Also, COLD WAR II more precisely started when the US under Obama began to circle Russia with NATO basis all over the Russian sphere of influence.

So the dates line up almost exactly to Tom DeLong’s general interest in creating the UFO group he eventually created at the end of 2017, along with a plethora of ex- government security people.

Analyzing the above, it may be that DeLong’s efforts may have something to do with COLD WAR II

edit on 6-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

BINGO!

This is right in line with the "Perception Management" PSYOP program angle.

There are many ways to look at it, such as a social subconscious effect to instill in people the warranting of endless black military budgets.
edit on 6-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting....

But why Tom Delonge as a front man?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Interesting....

After the past few years, I'd almost be more confused if it was someone who seemed more fitting. Haha.

This world is looney toons now.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Interesting....

That is a very interesting question. Who are his parents and other family members?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Interesting....

Because, like Donald Trump, such people can freely officially state that aliens exist: nobody believes it.

My guess is that the 'aliens' have long demanded that the people be told about their existence, or else they would simply arrange this themselves. The governments don't want to, as this would end their grip on the people - it would become painfully clear whom rule this world, and it is not them.. So, they are now more or less forced to disclose, but try to do this in a way that still keeps them in power. By having folks like DeLonge and Trump etc. in place, you can actually disclose ("the president tweeted that aliens exist" - yeah, right - "a well known music hero did so too" - o, sure - etc.) without being taken seriously.

Either that, or Trump is really the true reflection of America. I prefer my theory.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's the Hollyweird corporate angle. That was the initial PSYOP dead giveaway for me the moment I recently finally clicked on a Delonge thread and figured out who he was.

Hollyweird + CIA + MSM puff piece articles + MSM broadcast segments is the quadfecta in bonafide PSYOP.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Interesting....

That is a very interesting question. Who are his parents and other family members?

Touché...

Shall we?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The theory behind this is very simple.

During the periods of tension with the US’s number one enemy, Russia, the IC wants a vibrant era of UFO interest.

Why

Well, this might align perfectly with Steve Greer’s constant haranguing about a False Flag UFO period of “lets kick some alien butt” to give the US excuses to arm to the teeth.

Of course, we don’t even have to bring in Greer since this plot goes back to the early period during the cold war where the US may have had interest in stirring up the UFO craze in order to justify eventually arming to the teeth.

This, The Russians are Coming added to the aliens are coming, or may be coming, is a military industrial wet dream of business…

Why do they not need alien hunters during less tension with Russia may be more complex than we think.

Indeed, not just a MIC of immense business opportunities but an excuse to arm both countries

Sort of a Double Entendre to use a phrase: aliens and Russians

Another interesting note is the Condon committee en.wikipedia.org...

The Condon Committee was the informal name of the University of Colorado UFO Project, a group funded by the United States Air Force from 1966 to 1968 at the University of Colorado to study unidentified flying objects under the direction of physicist Edward Condon. The result of its work, formally titled Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects, and known as the Condon Report, appeared in 1968.

The interesting date is 1968,

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I recently watched TDL on the Joe Rogan podacst, and he was discussed in a later podcast with Joe and another guest, honestly prior to me hearing him open his mouth, I wanted to believe, then words came falling out and I think IgnoranceIsntBlisss maybe nearer the truth than TDL.

In my own opinion he has had his mind opened and twisted by someone else, that someone will benefit more from his actions than he will.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Interesting....

Because, as our friend Grant Cameron reminds, Delong was available and interested.

If not him then there are many more people available to be used.

You get fame and money in the process as long as you keep obeying the bosses

I bet even though DeLong has his Entertainment division, he has to get approval for any of these projects.

I would ask him about that if I were one to interview him.

I don't begrudge him for this, I wish him luck...

But we want he truth and are tired of being manipulated like suckers and children

edit on 6-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don’t forget the MIC, THE REAL MONEY!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the reality of UFOS and aliens.

I believe the US long ago realized they weren’t out to kick our butts.

So what does a capitalist country do?

MAKE SOME MONEY

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Interesting....

To appeal to the younger gen who wouldn't particularly pay attention to some crusty old military guy or UFOlogist. Tom also has a long documented facionation with UFOs with the song "Aliens Exist" and a few UFO tattoos:

I believe that Tom is a genuine guy and is honestly trying to to break open the UFO phenomena to the world but he loses cred when his answers involve "I can't tell you who, I can't tell you where"

new topics

top topics

join