It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Steinle killer Zarate will be taken into custody by federal authorities on two new charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, who was acquitted of all homicide charges in the shooting death of Kate Steinle in the sanctuary city of San Francisco, was given credit for three years ‘time served’ and probation as a convicted felon in possession of a firearm on Friday.
However, U.S. Marshals will take Zarate into custody imminently in order to face new charges in federal court. As reported by Fox News:

www.bizpacreview.com...

Never forget: the Left was happy to see a murderer go free because somehow that stuck it to Trump.

I say drop him off at the border and play "5 minutes till our guns ""accidentally"" fire and ""ricochet"""

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I say keep him out and living in San Francisco. If he's such a fine citizen, then let the population that supported him keep him.

Our court system is flawed, but we have to stand by it.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The left hates our citizens and would rather defend a killer than the American woman he murdered.

Make no mistake, this is the Democrat platform.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

The left hates our citizens and would rather defend a killer than the American woman he murdered.

Oh, I agree.

But I say let the killer stay with the people that wanted him out.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

They would gladly sacrifice anyone's life but their own to get a dig in at Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
3 years for illegal gun possession by an ILLEGAL.

Time served!

You've gotten to be effing kidding me.

That's a perversion of the justice system.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I read that it was an accidental shooting, so it's shouldn't be surprising that he wasn't convicted of murder. Not that facts actually matter to any of you.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I read that it was an accidental shooting, so it's shouldn't be surprising that he wasn't convicted of murder. Not that facts actually matter to any of you.

You believe it was accidental? Okay let's say it was... Just being in possession of a firearm being a felon can be 5+ years, let alone the firearm was a cops. I am sure he broke enough laws that day besides the shooting, that could have locked him away had they gave the max for each crime.

AND... given his prior history, any normal judge would have given him the max.
edit on 6-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If you're an illegal alien, you can literally kill someone and get away with it in California.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
California people.

A state with the toughest gun laws on the books.

Let this guy GO.

Next time they whine bout 'gun violence'.

Remember this.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Sorry, that gun didn't go off without it's trigger being pulled.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That doesn't actually show anything other than the legal system itself is flawed. Illegal alien, felon, carrying a weapon illegally, fires the weapon, someone dies and...yeah, that happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Think it was already posted a month ago that the Feds had issued an indictment and warrant for him. They had to wait for his trial to finish all phases before they could take him in to custody.

This isn't really much of an update.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The gun in question is apparently A double action Sig 40 cal open hammer design that requires the hammer to be pulled back in the cock position to require minimum trigger pull to fire it. The officer it was stolen from stated that he never kept it in that position. It is literally impossible for a Sig to accidentally fire if the hammer is not pulled back into the cocked position.

www.sfgate.com...

In his cross examination of Woychowski, Gonzalez attempted to establish whether the gun had been set in single-action mode or double-action mode. A gun in double-action mode requires extra pressure on the trigger to cock the hammer and fire the bullet. A gun in single-action mode already has the hammer cocked and requires less trigger pressure.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I want to know what was done about the fool that let his gun get used in this crime but guess I'm alone on that

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The gun in question is apparently A double action Sig 40 cal open hammer design that requires the hammer to be pulled back in the cock position to require minimum trigger pull to fire it. The officer it was stolen from stated that he never kept it in that position. It is literally impossible for a Sig to accidentally fire if the hammer is not pulled back into the cocked position.

www.sfgate.com...

In his cross examination of Woychowski, Gonzalez attempted to establish whether the gun had been set in single-action mode or double-action mode. A gun in double-action mode requires extra pressure on the trigger to cock the hammer and fire the bullet. A gun in single-action mode already has the hammer cocked and requires less trigger pressure.

So it was the gun all along!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

That all depends on how the weapon (which, apparently, BLM issues Sig P226s or P229s to their rangers) was decocked.

Ordinarily I would assume that the ranger had decocked the weapon properly, but I also would've assumed that he would have properly secured the weapon to begin with.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What are you saying, that he didn't pull the trigger?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

If you're confused about what I said, try reading it again.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Who cares if the firearm was in single action or double action mode, or what position the hammer was in.
Guns do not fire themselves.
I will ask you again, are you saying he didn't pull the trigger?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join