It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this image?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Violater1

That is better,but I am not sure what I'm looking at.
What state is that over?

(joke)
If thats in Canada it might make sense...its always cold here!!

Minnesota Red Lake Reservation.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

thats true

but irrelevant

as you are using data from the JPSS as a source

joint polar satelite system

not all radars are ground stations

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

I am a mailman out in this stuff, and to be honest I get used to it after about 30 minutes outside. I guess if I didn't I wouldn;t have this job though.

Me too bro.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the image = a composite - formed from multiple radar images - the circles are just image artefacts [ nothing to worry about - but certain conspiracy " theorists " go batcrap crazy over them ]

I agree, if you look at more images from different dates, you can see it in different places.

www.nrlmry.navy.mil... ir.bckgr.NorthAmerica-x-x_x-x-x.DAYNGT.jpg&AGE=Latest&PRODUCT=vis_i&SUB_PRODUCT=goes

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

So you have nothing??
You have an opinion with no facts and are being a smartass??

Thanks for coming out.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
They appear to be isobars to me. Isobars are used to represent differences in atmospheric pressure. If that center circle is a low pressure system, then the circle represents the "eye" which has very low pressure, and it is surrounded by rings which demonstrate high pressure. The closer the rings are together, the higher the pressure. And that generally means higher winds too.

You can see the lines go all the way through the entire photo, not just at the spot you've pointed out.

Edit: I just relooked at the photo and I don't think anything I just said makes any sense. Those are not isobars. Looks just like distortion to me lol.
edit on 5-1-2018 by faint1993 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I have a notion that the Navy uses weather Satellite images which are then enhanced by chartography technicians to bring more detailed but subtile info to the Pilots...

any concentric rings were man-made graphics put there for a reason....
those views of Earth cloud patterns from space...do not come with highlighted borders & coastlines as some people may think...
I know you know this but the OP wording seems to imply there's something either spooky or supernatural going on in Nature in the image capture that was posted with arrows to point out the anomaly

edit on th31151522139006492018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
radar interference

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Doppler composite imagery often shows concentric rings around a radar site; this is known as 'bright banding' and is the result of how the radar returns are rendered as an image by the radar data processor, based on density of the reflective content (e.g., water, show, etc.) within range of the radar. Detailed info here: www.lakeeriewx.com...

However, in the OP's images above, it's not bright banding because the circles are far larger than the range of a Doppler radar. The rings in this case are caused by image compression and/or reduced resolution of the image. It happens sometimes. Here's an example. imgur.com...

The image on the left is the 100% original size. The one on the right is the same image, reduced by 20%. Notice how the reduced resolution creates the appearance of vertical banding--alternating light and dark vertical bands that were not part of the original image.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join