It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senators request criminal investigation of Trump dossier author

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

archive.is...-1485.0-1485.67

Two Republican senators are asking the Department of Justice to open a criminal investigation into Christopher Steele, the author of a controversial research opposition dossier on President Trump.
Sens. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray asking that they investigate if the former MI6 agent lied to federal authorities.

"I don’t take lightly making a referral for criminal investigation. But, as I would with any credible evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations, I feel obliged to pass that information along to the Justice Department for appropriate review,” Grassley said in a statement.
Graham added that "after reviewing how Mr. Steele conducted himself in distributing information contained in the dossier and how many stop signs the DOJ ignored in its use of the dossier, I believe that a special counsel needs to review this matter."
DEVELOPING ...

Let this be a message to Dems, McCain and all others involved: This is what happens when you call for investigations into nothing. You end up getting investigated yourself for all of your crimes

edit on 5-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

It's about damn time!

Now we have a chance at seeing how global the anti-trump cabal really is. Steele didn't create this by himself, they always have help...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations,

So who was investigating him in the first place? The senators Grassley and Graham?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Well HRC wanted to break the ceiling too bad it was in her own house and that of her cronies.
I guess we are about to witness the first civil war in congress. I'll wait until more information is available though.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Let this be a message to Dems, McCain and all others involved: This is what happens when you call for investigations into nothing. You end up getting investigated yourself for all of your crimes

Yep, that is what happens. Partisans try to derail things that attack their partisan side. I hope you know that a "request" doesn't mean anything. The FBI doesn't have to follow through and likely won't.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

archive.is...-1485.0-1485.67

Two Republican senators are asking the Department of Justice to open a criminal investigation into Christopher Steele, the author of a controversial research opposition dossier on President Trump.
Sens. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray asking that they investigate if the former MI6 agent lied to federal authorities.

"I don’t take lightly making a referral for criminal investigation. But, as I would with any credible evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations, I feel obliged to pass that information along to the Justice Department for appropriate review,” Grassley said in a statement.
Graham added that "after reviewing how Mr. Steele conducted himself in distributing information contained in the dossier and how many stop signs the DOJ ignored in its use of the dossier, I believe that a special counsel needs to review this matter."
DEVELOPING ...

Any part in particular?.. it's very vague, and of course we know for instance that Russian contact was made, that Russia was behind the e-mails hack, "specific concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion between senior people in the Trump campaign and [Russian] agents of influence relating to the use of hacked material”....FBI

"A series of meetings with Steele", FBI
Manafort is probably in that jumble, and as well as that, the investigation isn't even finished, and by all reports, not even near it!
So a couple of Senators want a criminal investigation now...they haven't a dogs chance.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If they're looking into Steele, perhaps they'll look into his partner too:

MR CHRISTOPHER DAVID STEELE Director Jun 1964 07 Jul 2009 -
MR CHRISTOPHER PARKER BURROWS Director Sep 1958 07 Jul 2009 -

Companycheck.uk

He shows up on a list of MI6 officers @ cryptome.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yep, that is what happens. Partisans try to derail things that attack their partisan side. I hope you know that a "request" doesn't mean anything. The FBI doesn't have to follow through and likely won't.

You can stop hoping, I did know that.

The Justice Department isn't required to open up an investigation in response to Grassley and Graham's letter.

And Grassley's office, in announcing their request, noted that it's standard for the committee to notify the Justice Department when it "comes across what appears to be credible evidence of a criminal violation that warrants further investigation by appropriate authorities based on information from any source, public or non-public."

edit on 5-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So why are you getting your hopes up? Of course Grassley and Graham can cite that rule for the reasons for their partisan actions. Doesn't make it legit. Who, in their right mind would say, "Hey investigate this because my partisan side is tired of being under the microscope and I want the other side under it for a change"?

Like I said, the FBI likely won't act on this and it's just a partisan distraction. After all, how do you know that Diane Feinstein isn't correct?

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), the top Democrat on the panel, blasted the letter as the latest attempt by GOP lawmakers to turn the committee's focus away from Trump.

"I think this referral is unfortunate as it’s clearly another effort to deflect attention from what should be the committee’s top priority: determining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election and whether there was subsequent obstruction of justice," she said.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They have evidence you have not seen.

Much of it is classified...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I disagree, these Chairmen are very careful people and wouldn’t make this criminal referral if they didn’t have substantial evidence. Otherwise the blow back would be used against them. The DOJ and the FBI will follow through.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Haha, wait and see buddy. This will lead right back to Fusion GPS, and the Clinton Cabal.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

For sure, even the referral letter had a Top Secret attachment.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Compare this to the Trump/Russia inquiries, where even Democrats on those committees have said they've seen no compelling evidence Trump broke any laws.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I read that Steele is connected directly to Lynn Rothchild.

Will try to find link, if anyone has info on it would be great to post.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We... I, need an "Open Investigations Tracker"

I can't keep up!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Compare this to the Trump/Russia inquiries, where even Democrats on those committees have said they've seen no compelling evidence Trump broke any laws.

Most excellent point!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The committees have investigators on staff.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
well, i can think of at least one (very outspoken) member that will have their jimmies rustled by this thread.....

On another note, hopefully we can soon bring an end to this nonsense... This circus has gone on long enough. I'm actually surprised anyone even cares anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join