It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday To Me! Party Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes it's kind of pathetic. I'm having my birthday party here on ATS. Truth is I lost all friends and family during a personal apocalyptic period of the last four years.
But that's over now I leave all that behind and am heading towards a fresh new start.
Everything bigger, better, shinier, ... mostly just different. I got a week deadline, After that I'm hoping to leave everything behind.
And I like to think that I grew up rapidly, that everything I've been through has been necessary to get me to exactly where I am now.
I cry, I laugh, it's all very emotional, but hey what better day to start new than my actual birthday, right?

This is also kind of a thank you card and love letter to ATS which helped me learning and gave me hours and hours of interesting conversations, sometimes silly, sometimes ... difficult, but never dull.
Thank you guys I love you all.

Now take your clothes off party with me and I'll make you all famous

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Happy happy B-day Peeple
Biiiig big ol' hug to you,hope you have a goodly day and a grand 2018

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Happy Birthday Peeple!

Your avatar is very attractive! The girl is ok too

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you I felt that hug, no better present on earth than that.

a reply to: szino9

I was actually considering going back to my old sheep-warrior avatar, but I love my lagoon monster. Thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

My birthday is today also... But not my ATS bday
happy special day to you fellow rabbit hole speaker!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Best wishes for your journey ahead!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Happy Birthday for everyone Today!

Raises coffee cup for a big cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Happy birthday,have fun.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thank you all and big cheers to everyone who is sharing my birthday!

I just checked my parcel tracking thingy and my present is out for delivery. Woohoo. Perfect. But it's against T&C so I can't tell you what I got

Muahahaha

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So, no where left to go but up, lol... its the story of my life!

Anyway, sincerely though, happy birhday...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Happy birthday!
One thing that made me a little cautious was You saying for us to take off our clothes and making us famous. What's up with that? Considering, english isn't my first language, so I might have misunderstood something.
Again, happy birthday and the best to You! (and Yours, but, I guess it doesn't matter anymore, does it?)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nowanmai

It's getting hot in here... I offer you a short cut to fame by sexually harrassing you so you'll have a talkshow topic in the future.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SOUL!

Have a great day!

I had my own Apocalypse, just like you. I lost my people, too, but they will all have to face what we are facing on ATS. We are just the early birds catching the worms.

I have a gift for you. It is just a bit of electronic fun. I will message you when it is ready.

Don't be a stranger here. You are good company and part of my online world.

BIG RESPECT!

much love to you, Ms. Peeple.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thanks a lot. You got a gift for me? Ooooh! Gimme gimme gimme!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Happy Birthday .
Enjoy your day , drink lots , eat lots , swing naked from the chandeluers .

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Sooo.. You're a Ms.? Hmm.. Starting to like Your ideas.

No offense.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Happy birthday to you love and best wishes and a new year fir new beginnings to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've come to know total isolation. You just gotta have you're 'work' you do, and give it extra hell on those days "you're supposed to be" doing something all special. Maybe do a bonfire at sun down. It's obsession about doing 'something special' that drives people crazy when they dont. Its obvious in every day life some people are obsessed with the idea of going and and doing big fancy stuff every other night, and it saps their self-esteem if they dont have money left to go and blow again to do so. We're programmed to be like this. So you supercede the lifestyle obsession then the negative effects are 'locked off at the wrist'.

Even pain is only in the brain. It doesnt actually 'exist'.

Seeing Your Pain
Learning to consciously alter brain activity through MRI feedback could help control pain and other disorders.
In last December’s paper in the National Academy journal, deCharms, Mackey, and their collaborators described a study in which participants learned a series of mental exercises derived from strategies used in pain clinics. For example, they might have been asked to imagine the sensation of their brains’ releasing painkilling compounds into the aching area, or to imagine that their painful tissue was as healthy as a pain-free part of their body. Subjects then climbed into the MRI scanner, where they wore special virtual-reality goggles that displayed the activity in a part of the brain involved in feeling pain – the anterior cingulate cortex. They were instructed to try to increase or decrease the activity by performing the exercises. The MRI data gave them direct feedback on how well their mental strategies were working, allowing them to adjust their technique. Some people picked up the knack quickly, while others needed several sessions to learn appropriate control methods.

Eight patients with chronic pain that wasn’t adequately controlled by more conventional means reported a 44 to 64 percent decrease in pain after the training, three times the pain reduction reported by a control group. Those who exercised the greatest control over brain activity showed the greatest benefit.

The researchers also designed an elaborate set of controls to show that the results didn’t simply reflect the placebo effect or an artifact of the experimental process. For example, subjects who did not get fMRI feedback but were instructed to focus attention to and away from their pain did not show as much pain relief. Patients who got fMRI feedback from another part of the brain also did not benefit; nor did patients who got feedback from the cingulate of another person. “If expectation or being in the scanner were contributing … then that group should have seen a similar result,” says deCharms. The researchers also conducted tests in which chronic-pain patients were given more-traditional biofeedback data, such as heart rate or blood pressure. Patients who received fMRI feedback had a significantly greater reduction in pain. www.technologyreview.com...

edit on 5-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Now take your clothes off party with me...

Again?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes baby, but this time maybe you stay until I'm done too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join