It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4: New Vegas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh this is happening apparently, some guys are working with the Fallout 4 Creation Engine to recreate New Vegas....

As many may know, reg2k and our own Neanka have released the much-anticipated Extended Dialogue Interface (XDI.) This framework re-adds support for more than 4 dialogue options to the Creation Engine, and does so in a way that emulates the classic conversation system used in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. This is extremly exciting for us here at Team F4NV - having access to this framework means we’re able to properly implement the dialogue systems from Fallout: New Vegas, and do so easily. Our Quest and Scripting teams are currently working in concert to get XDI up and running with our content - once this is done, we’ll be entirely equipped to implement the dialogue from Fallout: New Vegas without any weird or hacky workarounds.

If you haven’t had a

fallout4newvegas.tumblr.com...

Ready for choices to matter again? I am!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Fallout 3 in Fallout 4
Fallout 4 Cascadia
Fallout 4 Miami

All really cool mods being worked on.

Been following these for awhile.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This is what happens when Bethesda gets a bug up their tail and refuses to allow Obsidian to make an actual FO:NV sequel because they know the game was better than FO3.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yes it's looking extremely promising, some of the mod's that will be incorporated have already been released on the Nexus such as the R91 assault rifle and the caravan shot gun as well as a few others.

This is the one I am wanting to play being a fan of NV but there is also apparently a mod in progress trying to recreate the capital wasteland from Fallout 3 as well.
An early video of Fallout 4 capital wasteland

The really great thing about this is if they get this right then we may see a mod that can give us a fallout 4 version of A Tale of Two Wasteland's a mod that merged fallout 3 into the New Vegas Engine and allowed you to play both game's with the same character and gear - of course it would then be Three wasteland's but you catch my meaning.

And remember also Fallout Miami - not based on a former game but an imagining of a gang infested post apocalyptic Miami that is being created.
This is an early video of that one

And similarly Fallout Cascadia will deliver a mod makers idea of what a post apocalyptic Seatle - fallout style may look with it's own quests and factions as well as some old one's.

But the best mod's tend to come out between 3 to 5 year's after these game's are released - especially if Skyrim is any indicator - by which time we will probably have fallout 5 as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Absolutely spot on, Obsidian made better character's, more interesting world and they even expressed an interest in making another fallout game but Bethesda never reciprocated probably because even though it was never really finished and only half the map was used NV was just so very much better than fallout 3 on so many point's, had they completed the game fully it would probably have been even better though I still think DLC wise that fallout 3 almost equaled it there with point lookout which was hilarious with the inbred cannibal swamp folk and who can beat the alien abduction scene from Mothership Zeta that had me rolling in laughter the first time I saw it (though that was a missed opportunity and also could have been far better).

Fallout NV's best mod was for me a toss up between Old World Blues and Dead Money, I thought Lonesome road could have been far better and should have been but I did like Honest heart's and it's addition to the Legion lore - that really should have been a bigger map though, it was really well done just a bit too small but overall quality wise they were better than fallout 3's DLC's.
edit on 4-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Man, I love those games... but NV is just ...better.

NV with the F4 engine will be amazing.

There goes another significant portion of my "real" life.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Can't wait to see how this works out!
My son and I love the Fallout series. I've been playing since the original came out on p.c. way back in the day. ..
Now we're on the xbox360 games. But nonetheless it's still a killer game.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If any of you have experience modding or game design and such go visit their Websites. they can use the help. And to top it off its free so it dont cost anything when its done.

Personally recreating F3 and NV are great ideas. Getting th eOG actor to record new 3 dogg voice over would be great. That man is such a Fan i bet he would if he had th etime.

Im surprised Bethesda dont just let these two teams do th eremaster for them and give them some help to polish them to a nice shiney chrome...so we may WITNESS THEM!!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yuppa , I may dang well come out of retirement for these.I haven't did any modding other than for myself since Fallout 3. Eats up too much time . But now , being retired , I got nothing but time.
To bring back Erik Todd Dellums as 3 dog....
"Not 1 , Not 2 , but 3dog" and "fighting the good fight"
Good times

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have not heard of these up till now
I have played the various ones like Morroblivion in the day , and Skyblivion .
Let us hope these projects are completed.
Thanks for the heads up...

And actually I am contacting an old modding buddy right now. Hopefully we will both go all in and see if the team needs any assistance with meshing , texturing and/or Papyrus scripting.

edit on 1/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Glad to be of help. If i had any skil id help them as well but i dont got th epower or time to spare. Just look up fallout 3 in fallout 4 creators in google. should give you their link info.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sorry, but no.... I don't know where all of the love for NV emerged because, frankly, it wasn't well received, but NV was not better than Fallout 3.

The ONLY thing I do give NV credit for is that it did add some interesting perks that Fallout didn't have previously. However, atmospherically, explorationally and story wise, NV was pretty bland in comparison to Fallout 3. There just wasn't anything memorable about NV for me personally.
edit on 5-1-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

If you consider the Fallout franchise as an RPG, NV was better.

If you consider the Fallout franchise as adventure/action, 3 was better.

All about perspective really.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If you consider the Fallout franchise as an RPG, NV was better.

If you consider the Fallout franchise as adventure/action, 3 was better.

All about perspective really.

i love them all th efirst to th ecurrent. each has their own merits.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I've only played from 3 on. I love the idea of isometric games and RPG. When it comes to actually playing them, I just get so bored. Spoiled I guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I saw this game sitting there called Fallout 1 shortly after I bought Diablo 1, I honestly thought it was going to be Diablo style combat...

So I picked it up.

Had no idea what I was in for hahaha.

Fell in love with the turn based combat, bought Baldur's Gate while waiting for FO2.

Before that I was playing a lot of Mechwarrior 2 / GBL

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

There is a new Single player Mechwarrior game in development, no idea how good or bad it is going to be but here is a video

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

oh yeah I so can't wait for MW5 been waiting since it was originally cancelled. everything I've heard sounds like it'll kick ass.

COOP or single player sandbox and mod support

I'm so hyped for Dec 2018

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think Fallout started as an RPG, Fallout 1&2, but to be honest, since Fallout 2, it has been more like an action/adventure shooter with rpg ELEMENTS to me. Of course, there has to be a lot of world impactful decisions in order for me to consider it an rpg... Something Fallout, at least since 2, has lacked in my honest opinion.
edit on 7-1-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Well love it or hate it Fallout is what we know it as now but maybe not indefinitely, Bethesda make some pretty awful AI and of course they borrowed a lot of idea's from the modding community such as the settlement system which the community had actually done better before they decided to make there own version and it is not the first time, they also stole idea's for there DLC from the modding community such as the vault detective case in Fallout 4 Far Harbor which was almost identical but NOT as good as a mod made for fallout NV.
segmentnext.com...

Actually I would really love to see the franchise go to a more competent developer such as Obsidian, imagine if given free reign over the franchise what we could be playing right now.

edit on 8-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join