It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search results are too bright to see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
When I try to search for something. the results come back in bright white and I cannot read them. My ATS is set to the dark theme but that makes no difference. Is there a way to fix this?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

Same thing happened to me last night, i was thinking it had something to do with my new phone. ...hmmm

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Its not your fault its ats setup. There is a contrast button on the search page. Infact i think its on most pages and it swaps it around so you can see better. By default its a poor show and hard to read the results. It should be set the other way around so people can read them.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Its not your fault its ats setup. There is a contrast button on the search page. Infact i think its on most pages and it swaps it around so you can see better. By default its a poor show and hard to read the results. It should be set the other way around so people can read them.

Forgive me but I do not see a contrast button. Can you elaborate?
An thank you for explaining the problem.
edit on 4-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is a known condition which occurred after Search was completely broken (by provider changes) a few weeks ago. I'm not sure where it is on the priority list, but rest assured it is somewhere on a list
(at least search is working
)

In the interim, the work-around I use is to highlight the results with your cursor, like this...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

This is only recently like a month or less. What changed? Did the add to the program or apply a patch? It wasn't always like this.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

This is a known condition which occurred after Search was completely broken (by provider changes) a few weeks ago. I'm not sure where it is on the priority list, but rest assured it is somewhere on a list
(at least search is working
)

In the interim, the work-around I use is to highlight the results with your cursor, like this...

Gotcha. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OMG I thought it was just me!

It's been AWFUL!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: purplemer

This is only recently like a month or less. What changed? Did the add to the program or apply a patch? It wasn't always like this.

Mandalalla effect. The Cern reactor has been working overtime created a reality slip portal in which the ats matrix fell victim.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing this up to the public forum. Hopefully ATS is working on fixing this lack of contrast issue. For me this problem has been present since just after Thanksgiving.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

On the left of the left of the screen is a little round button. Half white and have coloured out. On the sceeen i am on now typing i can see is just above the font size tab for my post edits and jsut under the ats logo (top left)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Literally an eyesore, highlighted the results, but still hard to see. Also is the search off as well, can't find certain topics I have searched for in the past now. Searching on Google and other engines have been omitting topics lately and or hiding them. So, Google or other for searching isn't a great option. Wonder if the search is affected as well.

top topics

join