It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions Rescinding Policy That Paved Way For Legalized Marijuana To Flourish

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sessions is the reason I cant fully support Trump.
edit on 4-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What is going on? There was a thread on this earlier today that completely disappeared...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

So Sessions is either FOR drug cartels or FOR the private prison industry...those are the only logical conclusions.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Wait why or? Can't it be both. Maybe he gets a house on the Yucatan

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is no war on drugs.
Only wars on people, in this case certain segments of the population.
It doesn't help that this war is forcing doctors change how they treat pain.
As a patient I'm already feeling the effects and it isn't helping.
Things were hard enough for 8 years now both my doctor and I feel like we're staring down the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

But what about the children?

I mean they need their opiates not a dangerous drug like Marijuana. Especially that cbd stuff. I really hope he reverses that menace. It's legal in 50 states for goodness sake. .

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I kind of feel sorry for all the people that have spent and made a bunch of legal money now the feds will be taking it all and putting them away forever.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I long for the day the federal government doesn't lock people in cages because they have a plant in their pocket. I have friends rotting away behind bars to the tune of $50,000+ a year of taxpayer money.

For a plant.

If Sessions goes through with this, stick a fork in this administration. They're done.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If Sessions goes through with this, stick a fork in this administration. They're done.

If only I can believe this is true... There are Trump supporters in this thread defending this. I doubt this will ruin them as much as I want it to be true.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Mix it up with net neutrality as the year passes it could be pretty bad.

The last thing people want is to have their last little bits of private life taken away.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the electorate is very different than his support base.

Look at age 40 and below republicans. They are largely in favor..

Let's not forget he has a problem with medical where the nation is an overwhelming majority.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh I'm sure there are many Trump supporters who are iffy about this too, I just don't see the numbers or support against this that would spell the end of the administration. I feel like most Trump supporters, even if they disagree, will allow this to slide in order to continue to let Trump be Trump.

I base this on how pro-legalization thread conversations have shifted since the Trump election. They aren't universally in agreement anymore.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: underwerks

If only I can believe this is true... There are Trump supporters in this thread defending this. I doubt this will ruin them as much as I want it to be true.

Sadly you're probably right.

If this happens I hope this is the wake up call a lot of people need. This is evidence this administration doesn't care about state rights, or our god given rights as human beings to choose what we do with our own bodies.

They only care about undoing what Obama did, because Obama. Because of politics, let's ruin the lives of even more citizens over nothing more than a plant. Something that grew out of the ground by itself before any of these dirtbag politicians sucked a breath of fresh plant provided air.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
On the plus side, if he goes through with this, the blow back might result in nationwide legal pot faster than it otherwise might by the current slow shift. The majority is for legalization. In the end going full rawr on the places it's currently legal will likely result in pressure for full federal legality, and with the current support of such, once this administration is gone it will become federally legal that much faster.

In the end Sessions hatred of pot might end up causing it to achieve complete federal legality faster than it would have had he allowed it to remain a states issue. He'll force people to realize the state method isn't good enough and won't work. It's all or nothing. Once he does this, it will never be a state issue again until it is fully legalized and then states can start doing this from the reverse. Whereas once it's fully legal federally they can at the state level choose to criminalize it if they want.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well here's the rub. Most states that have legalized are blue states. Granted, when you expand that scope to decriminalized and legal medical red states are added, but even then most states in support of pro pot are blue. Trump has already shown many times over that he is willing to dick over blue states/liberals just because and his supporters cheer him for doing it. Hell Republicans in Congress just wrote a tax bill with a measure in it that SPECIFICALLY targets blue states.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Laws come and go and what drives them mostly is society norms. It seems that pot is heading in the direction that society feels it should be legal, and I think we are wasting a lot of bandwidth from the Federal level to not just take it off the Schedule I list that puts it in the same category as heroin and meth...

This crap is a pre 1960s reefer madness mentality and Sessions is old enough to have that mentality....

And don't just blame Trump...

The American Medical Association urged the DEA to reconsider the Schedule listing in 2009.

edit on 4-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think you misunderstand me. Trump didn't win the election with "supporters" he won because republicans had no other choice..

His support is pretty fractional. If you divide them which this will it's even worse.

Which is why I expect he makes a play and ditches sessions and speaks out about this eventually.

He isn't dumb. A narcissist but not dumb.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

What about the people in the meantime who have their lives destroyed by this move? The people who now face jail time every morning when they wake up?

The kids who live a normal life now thanks to CBD, who now risk being ripped away from their parents by child protective services and placed in foster homes where they can experience the debilitating seizures everyday that CBD held at bay?

The people who have invested a lot of money and even more of their lives into this industry? Like most people in this administration, I don't think Jeff Sessions really has a concept of anything outside of himself and his 70 year old bad ideas.

That this might make federal legalization happen faster isn't worth the trail of destruction it's going to leave in it's wake.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Is it though? There are tons of records of Republican politicians denouncing Trump, saying they won't vote for him, won't support him, call him incompetent, yet NEVER do any of them actually grow a backbone to actually stand up to him. The whole party is allowing Trump to be Trump to pass one of the most partisan agendas in American history.

Which is why I expect he makes a play and ditches sessions and speaks out about this eventually.

The only way I see him ditching Sessions is a result of him stewing about Jeff having recused himself from the Russia investigation. I doubt it will have anything to do with his anti-pot push. Trump hasn't spoken out against it yet, for instance.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Wait why or? Can't it be both. Maybe he gets a house on the Yucatan

It certainly could be both...one gives him more panache during his working years, the other gives him a nice steady retirement fund...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join