It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea supposedly hit its own city Tokchon because of a malfunction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just read that a missile hit an area filled with factories and some farms in Tokchon caused by a malfunction one minute after launch. It is said it made a huge damage. The source is a Tokio based magazine called The Diplomat.

news

Okay I don't have a habit of sharing news without giving any conspiracy so here goes my cause of reporting you guys. I think if this is nuclear (that would be huuuuge) they maybe did it on purpose to show the world that they really pulled it off? Because they know maybe half of the world doesn't believe them.

Cheers
edit on 4-1-2018 by belkide because: typeo

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Why would a test missile have a nuclear warhead?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Maybe it was on its way to explode mid air in open sea? Another test you know? With an actual warhead.
edit on 4-1-2018 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Source

I think it was a year ago.

edit on 4-1-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

No I don't know.

link   
This article might help. CNBC article.

And this one.
Fox News.

It only flew for a minute and it crashed into some buildings. So it still had quite a bit of fuel left in it when it crashed. And when liquid fueled rockets blow up they really explode.

Always fun to watch millions of dollars crash and burn.

edit on 4-1-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: and14263

Well done, I couldn’t tell a lot from op link and you saved me searching

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
No,
They haven't done any live missile tests of nukes. All their nuclear tests have been subsurface.

When testing a missile for nuclear purposes, you would just use a ballistically identical or very similar warhead.

If they had actually nuked one of their own cities, the whole world would have known immediately.

link   
a reply to: and14263

Okay I am actually calling this newspaper right now and I am going to ask them why they hire someone who could let alone copy pasting from another news outlet; sharing a one year old feed.

I will let you know. Btw ops can remove the threat. Sorry guys. =(

link   
(deleted)
edit on 4-1-2018 by belkide because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.
edit on 4-1-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is such a mistake of mine. Couldn't even see the date on the page. I am sorry I thought it just happened today. I would be happy if the mods can remove the thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Don't sweat it we have all done it, more than once!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
HAAA HAAA!!*points*

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is there a common belief that NK isn't a nuclear threat?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
This is such a mistake of mine. Couldn't even see the date on the page. I am sorry I thought it just happened today. I would be happy if the mods can remove the thread.

LOL almost made the same mistake was going to post
but was at work no time

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
OP:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Ahahaha thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I am surprised that at the time they didn't try to blame this missile malfunction on an attack by the US.
This could have been great domestic propaganda. They could have really rallied the people around this "unprovoked aggression".

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
I just read that a missile hit an area filled with factories and some farms in Tokchon caused by a malfunction one minute after launch. It is said it made a huge damage. The source is a Tokio based magazine called The Diplomat.

news

Okay I don't have a habit of sharing news without giving any conspiracy so here goes my cause of reporting you guys. I think if this is nuclear (that would be huuuuge) they maybe did it on purpose to show the world that they really pulled it off? Because they know maybe half of the world doesn't believe them.

Cheers

If it was nuclear there would be serious radiation spewing out in the air and would spread pretty quickly.

I honestly don't think that phsyco is as stupid and reckless as Boris Johnson's hair.

new topics

top topics

join