It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You are being Programmed; I feel tremendous Guilt' warns former FB Exec

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

encyclopedic.co.uk...

Former Facebook executive has criticised the social network for ripping society apart during a question and answer session. He described feeling “tremendous guilt’ in helping the company attract two billion users. His comments echoed remarks by Sean Parker, one of the early pioneers of Facebook, who spoke on 8 November, saying the social network provided “a dopamine hit and a social validation feedback loop, that exploited a vulnerability in human psychology.” “We have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works,” he told the audience.

Isn't FB an 'alphabet soup' operation? I've always 'pictured' even the name being the way it is because they were compiling a dB of faces to recognize on eventual public cams everywhere as depicted in dystopian films like RoboCop, Terminator, and the like. As well as for generating composite disposable identities for mass casualties in ongoing drills and/or false flag operations including massacres.

In any case dopamine hits and social validation loops sounds alot to- do with why dozens of minors have already committed suicide over fB - pretty much confirming fB is accessory to not just convenient status updates but also to neurological meltdown even to point of self-destruction, albeit quite swiftly at least in minors with some of the fB suicides being as young as 12 if not younger...

youtube.com/results?search_query=facebook+suicides

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Luckily no one was ever held at gunpoint to join FB.If you were i expect FB is not your biggest problem.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The super ingenious part is that it’s a Choose-Your-Own-Programming scam.

They don’t even need LudeVico techniques, or Lovely Special Drugs, or any other Magic Kenesis Ultra methods to brainwash the masses now.

DIY Indoctrination...

So smart. Evil usually does outdo itself in the smart department.
NAZIs were the first on the Moon... they just sent Americans instead of Germans.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The bit about the face database is true. The system created for FB to scan, locate a human face and suggest the identity of that face is used by ASIO in Australia and spy agencies everywhere to identify targets whose images were lifted from CCTV and security cameras. This isn't legally admissible in a court of law but it is used to identify suspects

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's weird how they didnt even first land any animals on the moon!

Just unmanned then manned. Cut! Brilliant.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Planette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Social media is being used to get people to follow someone's beliefs. It can lead to some really bad effects for our society, especially when people who are not completely sane believe in something that is not right because to them, reinforcement can drive them to do something that is not good. Our society is in major Dodo now, I do not know if it is possible to fix it without a total reset in the upcoming years.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Does ATS count as social media? To me its a good divergence from relying only on YT for alt news discussions, esp since YT seems Google/CointelPro linked. Hope ATS aint!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I always felt kinda jealous of the people who could post a photo of their coffee and get 101 likes, while you have a baby/get married/post something profound and it gets a mere 20 likes. But I've come to realise that those people are the most sucked in to the rewards loop and the need to get admiration from strangers.

There have been a few examples of popular celebs and social media "influencers" who have chimped-out after their post only got a few likes. I used to watch the youtube make-up lessons by Michelle Pham, who went from posting vids in her bedroom to being a professional makeup artist working as the face of Estee Lauder. She disappeared from the internet for 2 years and everyone was really perplexed. Turns out she had a huge mental breakdown from the pressure of posting those vids and getting her ego caught up with how popular she was

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Planette

WOW!

THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Yeah when I signed up for ATS i think it said I HAVE to have either google+, FB, or LinkedIn social network to sign in, that email wasn't good enuf

99% time when i see what a person is looking at on their phone it is usually bags or makeup.. even guys doing makeup tutorials, hardy anyone looks UP anymore to see whats REALLY going on in the world; too caught up in their own virtual world

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Planette

No, we know how FB started. It wasn't the government, at least not till it was realised just how the tool could manipulate society, and give them the idea that they opted into things..

I've seen how facebook has changed the world around me, absolutely. And it has only just begun. As a species, we've always had social interaction. This is not social, despite it's name. Social Media. It's the opposite. It is ensuring that we interact at a distance. Our actions will not have direct consequences.

Is it ultimately a bad, negative thing? I don't know. Who is to say that the way we evolved is any better than any other societal evolution. It's different, for sure, and it has been thrust onto us so fast, we don't have any ability to step back and consider it, those lining up at apple stores for days before a sale, will be proof of this.

Whatever it is, it's done. There is no turning it back. No shutting it off. If the grid goes down, we'll witness something strange - people forced to experience things in front of them. and it wont be the people who once did exist in the real world.. it will be those brainless folk unable to open doors and who give themselves black eyes just putting shoes on.

But no. Facebook was not started by the government, it was started by a conniving scumbag who right from the start has only ever been interested in his own self. Be that for fame, or wealth. Or whatever is NOW in his clockworks.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
Does ATS count as social media? To me its a good divergence from relying only on YT for alt news discussions, esp since YT seems Google/CointelPro linked. Hope ATS aint!

Yes.

Reading your post though, I feel sad. I remember a time when YT was still frowned upon for such things. It had some merit because it was available to everyone, but absolutely NOT as a place to rely on for anything.

How far we've come... and THIS I blame social media on. No one thinks any more. No one investigates. If it's not on YT or Twitter, or if it IS... then it's as far as anyone needs to go. Post it, ask about it. never actually put the effort in.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Technology will continue to tear us apart because we are human animals and not equipped to deal with such abstract, intangible things.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Cmon ATS.

edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
On January 1st, I deactivated my FB account. Not as some sort of organized anti-FB event that I saw was happening. But as a way to test a personal theory of my own. For many reasons, FB is a demon among us I feel.

I won’t deny that I felt good when people would like or laugh at my posts. And that in my weaker moments I would post things specifically for that feeling. Especially before I got married in July. I felt that was a self serving and narcissistic way of doing things and I wanted to cure myself...so I decided to log off for a year to see what happens. Currently I have no social media access.

I see the bogus news stories that flood FB (fake news is so 2017...it’s bogus news now!) and I had to remove that nonsense from my life. Not because I read them or believe them, but because so many people do...and so many people take the unnecessary time out of their lives to post them or comment on them. (Quite a bit of that here too). It’s a digital plague of its own.

Personal drama that doesn’t belong on FB shows up just about every single day. If someone needs help with a personal matter I’m more than happy to help them with what I can...but once you put that up on Facebook then I feel you’re only in it for the attention.

The competition some have for having the best life or the best husband or best wife or best kids. Just post pictures of your favorite moments and be happy you had them...you don’t have to try and degrade the world and outdo your friends and family. No Todd, we don’t care you just bought a new truck and a 4 jet skis. But then again, wasn’t I also posting things for attention and validation?

It’s an area full of hipocracy. And whether you admit it or not, we’ve been guilty of it. Hipocracy, drama, envy, hate, greed, selfishness...I see it. I have seen it for a long time. Yet I remained.

The first couple days were weird. I found myself reaching for my phone to scroll through FB. I would turn it on and instantly realize it was gone. That quick moment of “wait, what?” Was met with confusion and the slightest feeling of anxiety. Yesterday I didn’t have the urge to check it once.

I started with MySpace back in 2005ish. So 13 years of a digital addiction. I think it’s a little easier for me to unplug being a 36 year old Gen X’er as opposed to a 20 something year old millennial who grew up with it.

I don’t want that reliance and negativity in my life. Cutting out cable and satellite was a great feeling 5 years ago. I suspect cutting out social media will feel equally as great.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There have been a lot of people that are down on FB but let me give you another perspective.

I am a former military child. We moved every 2-3 years. We were ripped away from our friends and "home" every 2-3 years.
FB has been a godsend for people like me. It is an easy way to stay in touch no matter where in the world you are.

My entire graduating class of 60 all still keeps in touch with the exception of 2 people. We graduated longer ago than most people are old on this site! That in itself is amazing!

Now don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying about the dopamine stuff. I know a large family that all lives together. They all like each others photos and comment on it, yet they all live with each other, which I think is weird. I also think it is weird when people like their own photos, it makes me laugh every time.
More than anything else, I have learn some true colors of people by what they post. There has been some stuff that has truly shocked me by relatives and close friends, that I would have never known, especially during the election. I really learned who was very closed minded and who was downright crazy!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Facebook Founder And CEO Mark Zuckerberg Is Reportedly Seeing A Behavioral Psychologist To "Appear More Human" After Wave Of Internet Memes Portray Him As Robotic Or Alien-Like

Oh cmon. He's just a nerd -- and Jewish. Lots of people are nerdy and/or Jewish. People should get used to it. Nerddom is part of the human phenotype

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Be like me......don't do Facebook. Nor Arsecrack, nor Myspace only place I have a cyber presence is right here at ATS. Ain't you all lucky.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join